How many Cues do you own today

xX-Wizard-Xx

We have a member I said need change his user name too:

TOOMANYCUES.

Guy had unique collection, live in Eastern Europe.

Me I just have couple I play it try to play with.

Not collector, out grew that habit.

your on the list for a southwest? do you have a design idea or planning to just let them take the wheel?

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5 playing cues
1993 Schick​
2000 Showman​
1985 Joss​
2012 Peppers​
1991 Meucci sneaky Pete​
1 break cue
1 jump cue

Last edited:

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Which’s D series do you have?
My first two cues were a D-6, and about a year later (when my college student loan money came lol) a D-26. I gave the D-6 to a friend in '86.
Then, on a sad day in 1991, I sold my D-26 for $350 while going through my only divorce.......
Those D-series cues hit like a dream, and I really loved the leather wrap on the D-26.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
6 playing cues (Joss/Schons), 2 break cues, 1 jump cue.
Main break cue is a Revo 12.9 shaft paired with a black Joss butt. 19.5 oz. Hits about like a BK Rush lol.
All my play shafts are wood, two mains have Vantage shafts.
Make a lot of lunch money with my Joss Sneaky/Vantage pairing.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first two cues were a D-6, and about a year later (when my college student loan money came lol) a D-26. I gave the D-6 to a friend in '86.
Then, on a sad day in 1991, I sold my D-26 for $350 while going through my only divorce.......
Those D-series cues hit like a dream, and I really loved the leather wrap on the D-26.
I’ve had 2 D-26 over the years. One I lost in a move one was stolen. The stolen one was probably the best hitting D series I ever owned. The bow tie is sexy too.

I have a D 19 now for sure the Dice cue and I think one other. I need to go look and see what’s in the vault.

Also I have a very strong opinion that D series cues now that they are ~40 years older play nicer than they did new in the 80’s. Same can be said for C series. I’m not familiar much with anything older.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up a few over the last 32 years.
McDermott eb2 (break cue now)
McDermott ef2
Pechauer p08g
Pechauer custom
Dave Brainard cocobolo/bem
Pechauer p04k
Jump cue that came w/no instructions 😖

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
1 low end McDermott that is my regular player. 1 cheap J&J jump/breakcue.
On old Joss that I have as a spare, and some cheap department store cue that was my cue when I started playing.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4 playing cues (Mezz, Jacoby, McDermott, and a cheap BCE cue)
1 break cue (Mezz Kai)
1 jump cue (Peri cue - best jump cue)

Podunker

Fatboy
After checking closely, 1 McDermott is a c-2. My first real cue. That one still has my old dog's teeth marks from him carrying that cue into the room. He (dog) was my game broker. D-14 with a leather wrap and a d-20. Those cues rocked during the roaring 80's. Had more. 2 I remember was a d-24 i traded for something that has long gone away. Another was a D-19 I sold (donated) to the old fella that ran the room. He and my dad were race track buddies. He ended up giving my dad free gas from the station he work at once in a while. All good. Yes, that non orange 5 ball sucks.

Joe P.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 Webb cues, a Treadway, 2 Joss made Brunswick cues, BK Rush and Lucasi jump cue

Juan A

Registered
6 Playing cues:
-Predator Sang Lee LE4
-Predator Roadline LE 8
-Predator Blak 4-2
-Tiger TL2
-OB 122
-Old Players Cue unsure the Model

2 Beakers:
-BK Rush
-OB Rift

1 Jumper
-Cuetec Propel

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have three playing cues. All made by Ned Morris. Two are Willie Hoppe's cues. One with walnut and the other is before the WII Macassar ebony with ebony points. All are marked with Ned's ivory inlays. The other is Gaboon ebony with tiger striped maple, all with ivory inlays. Then I have the Predator BK Rush, and a jump cue with a purple heart shaft.
Also I have two Southwest cues made by Jerry Franklin in my safe from the 1980's. So seven in total.
why are they in your safe?
how do they play compared to the morris cues?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
why are they in your safe?
how do they play compared to the morris cues?
The SW Franklin cues are nothing compared to the the Ned Morris cues. Sorry to write that, but it's true. Our teacher says the same thing.
I'll get hell for writing that, but so what. I will sell them eventually.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The SW Franklin cues are nothing compared to the the Ned Morris cues. Sorry to write that, but it's true. Our teacher says the same thing.
I'll get hell for writing that, but so what. I will sell them eventually.

Honestly to trash Southwest, and say Ned Morris is holy grail of Cue is just your opinion.

Truth is there are many fine Cues made, and what is holy grail is just personal preference.

Like going to Manhattan and asking 10 random strangers for the BEST BAGLE SHOP IN Manhattan, and I be you get more then one recommendation.

Sort of like Cue tips, Muellers, Seyberts, and Pool Dawg all sell
Maybe 20 brands. People got favorites.

Last edited: