How many Cues do you own today

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly to trash Southwest, and say Ned Morris is holy grail of Cue is just your opinion.

Truth is there are many fine Vues made, and whst is holy grail is just personal preference.

Like going to Manhattan and asking 10 random strange for the BEST BAGLE SHOP IN MSNHATEN, and I be you get more then one recommendation.

Sort of like Cue tips, Muellers, Seyberts, and Pool Dawg all sell
Maybe 20 brands. People got favorites.
CC, Howdy;

Having dyslexic fingers makes for interesting reading.

hank

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Honestly to trash Southwest, and say Ned Morris is holy grail of Cue is just your opinion.

Truth is there are many fine Vues made, and whst is holy grail is just personal preference.

Like going to Manhattan and asking 10 random strange for the BEST BAGLE SHOP IN MSNHATEN, and I be you get more then one recommendation.

Sort of like Cue tips, Muellers, Seyberts, and Pool Dawg all sell
Maybe 20 brands. People got favorites.
True enough. Great for you on waiting 10 years. Hope you're happy.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Idk what I’m gonna do with my collection.
Does not matter... It's like a record collection. I never bought anything and gave thought to parting/selling someday. The fun is having it. When it does not mean anything anymore ...It's time. I don't have high value cues but like what I have... I thought about scaling down however the closet loves them. It doesn't cost anything to keep them. Same with the cases...they just sit...I have a few I should sell but my shoes enjoying staring at them. Closets are for more than clothes. Screw it...50 years from now it won't matter.

Slick53

Registered
2ManyQs is a good one. I loved cues when I was a kid, and could not afford them. I can afford them now, and I have plenty. I may sell some one of these days when I’m not working full time. Pain in the ass to deal with now. It reminds me of an old saying about work and service organizations. I wonder if same is true when it come to cues. “ 20% of Cue Owners own 80% of the Cues” ??🤷‍♂️

Slick53

Registered
I’ve had 2 D-26 over the years. One I lost in a move one was stolen. The stolen one was probably the best hitting D series I ever owned. The bow tie is sexy too.

I have a D 19 now for sure the Dice cue and I think one other. I need to go look and see what’s in the vault.

Also I have a very strong opinion that D series cues now that they are ~40 years older play nicer than they did new in the 80’s. Same can be said for C series. I’m not familiar much with anything older.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃
I’ve had 2 D-26 over the years. One I lost in a move one was stolen. The stolen one was probably the best hitting D series I ever owned. The bow tie is sexy too.

I have a D 19 now for sure the Dice cue and I think one other. I need to go look and see what’s in the vault.

Also I have a very strong opinion that D series cues now that they are ~40 years older play nicer than they did new in the 80’s. Same can be said for C series. I’m not familiar much with anything older.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃
Great Thread. I always loved that McD Dice Cue. Owner of Ham Bones pool hall in Lubbock in the 80’s had one. I found one on E Bay and Keith Josey refinished and made a matching shaft. Then I bought a D20 for the hard case it was in and it ended up being pretty nice. Sent to Proficient and they did a great job. Happy to have them both now!

Soma

Tengo tres tacos por mi cuenta.

- Liga de Pool. No sé nada sobre el fabricante, es el nombre escrito en la señal, pero me encanta porque fue mi primera señal. Estaré agradecido si alguien sabe algo al respecto.
- Buffalo Premium No.3 (fabricado por Adam)
- Balabushka GB-5. Una pieza de los años 90 hecha por Adam. Tiene algunas "marcas de guerra" por los años.

Last edited:

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 cues.

1 main player
1 main break cue
1 main jump cue (cf)
1 "old" jump cue (wood; and in all honesty, can't tell much of a difference in performance)
4 house cues that came with my table

Now, if the question were "how many cues have you owned?" errr.....many dozens. But I've gotten out of that habit. I think.

edit: yikes, make that 9. I have an old and now-warped cue that when I got my table I put a bridge head on and use only as a bridge. But it's still got a tip and could still be used to play.

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t have a clue how many I own.

150? Maybe. Not counting junk cues.

I really need to do a inventory. When I see them I have them all memorized but without seeing them I can’t recall them all.
I can totally relate to can't recall all of them. When I went to check my inventory, after reading the original post. I realized I had missed a couple of cues on my list. And, I only have 30 cues.

Ed13

Pool cues;

Predator SP4points - Revo 12.4
Predator SP8points - Revo 11.8
Predator 4K4 - Revo 12.9
Predator Air II Jump cue

Meucci M1B Sneaky Pete
Meucci Power Piston - 2

McDermott M14A Sentinal

Raid CS-01
Poison Anthrax 1
Aska L3 x2

I use the Predator SP's to play with.
Keeping extra cues for now to see which cues friends and family like the best.
The last group is for the kids and their friends.

Snooker cues;

Green Baize 3/4, 60", 9.5 tip, titanium ferrule
Dufferin Silver Anniversary
3 old one piece duffer cues

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 16 cues and 10 of those are collectible and expensive so I only play them here at home.
The rest go with me to the pool halls and I use them for league play and tournaments.
If they get stolen or dinged they're replaceable.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Maybe I am wrong but some Cues like Tikker 30k plus Black Boars are just to vailsbpr to hit a ball with.

Think those Safe Queens will only become more valuable over time.

GT819

We have a member I said need change his user name too:

TOOMANYCUES.

Guy had unique collection, live in Eastern Europe.

Me I just have couple I play it try to play with.

Not collector, out grew that habit.
TOOMANYCUES... no such thing!

My problem is I keep upgrading to higher end customs but forget to sell the previous cues. Then there's the issue of shafts. Let's see... there's low deflection, ultra low deflection, old wood, kielwood, carbon fiber, someone else's carbon fiber, break shafts, jump shafts... Where will it end?!!!

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That member has been heralded by cuemakers as the greatest collector in the world

You should just shut your uneducated mouth and let the grownups enjoy their hobbies
Yes, we all know Cocobolo Cowboy struggles with writing skills, but if you have an education perhaps it should enable you to express yourself with a little more sophistication and less needless hostility.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a member I said need change his user name too:

TOOMANYCUES.

Guy had unique collection, live in Eastern Europe.

Me I just have couple I play it try to play with.

Not collector, out grew that habit.
I currently have 5 playing cues and a breaker. 2 Pechauer Pros, a Pechauer JP, a Josey Custom, and a Lucasi. I've only played a few years so I've bought and sold more than I care to mention, trying to find just what I feel most comfortable with and I hope I'm done for the time being. I have more than I need, but like playing with different cues from time to time, or switching out if I'm in a slump. I know it doesn't necessarily make sense but it's my hobby. I don't see any need for anyone on this forum to criticize anyone else for the number of cues he has or doesn't have. We are all free to do what we enjoy, right?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Yes, we all know Cocobolo Cowboy struggles with writing skills, but if you have an education perhaps it should enable you to express yourself with a little more sophistication and less needless hostility.

Writing is skill like playing Pool, not everyone is Willie, or Tom Clancy.

In the case of most great writers, most have editors to make they look better.

Pool players might have coach, but they show their greatness on table playing.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Him cutting someone down is needless, especially someone who actually contributes to the industry.

Thanks for your feedback