How many people here play with a fancy custom cue?

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Through trial and error i have landed on knowing my preference is a 18-19 ounce cue, forward balanced full splice with a maple forearm. The jury is still out on wrap or wrapless.

Like most here i have cues that cost me couple hundred, and some that cost me couple grand. My main player is a full splice sugartree. Not a fancy, but a well built cue from a respected cue maker.

I can lose with any cue. I just like to lose with a cue that feels good when i hit with it.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a pool cue. Some might think it is fancy and some may not. I could care less what they or anyone thinks of my pool cue, as long as they rack the balls tight and right!

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we ever get caught up in a cue being what our game needs we can be sure we have taken the wrong fork in the road some time ago.
HA HA - like every golfer that goes through a multitude of club changes looking for the magic bullet- golf is all in the swing and pool is all in the stroke- 90% of success in both games becomes the stuff between your ears once you reach a certain level of proficiency.

Once you have proven to yourself that you can swing or stroke correctly, the challenge becomes to do that correctly every single time - how consistently does your mind allow your body to perform the stroke that you know and that you have have experienced as the way it should all come together.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originality doesn’t get usually considered by most folks viewing a cue.
The general reaction typically is a thumbs up or thumbs down approval.

It’s only the cue owner, and cue maker, that originality matters the most.
Design intricacy indicates it takes more time & effort to complete the cue.

Once the visual impression hurdle is cleared, then it becomes a matter of
how the cue was completed. What are the components in that pool cue?

Everyone has an opinion. You don’t need to be correct about something to
think a particular way. Same is true of cues. What you like I might not & vice
versa. IMO, looks aside, a cue made to your exact preferences plays better.

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
My ‘FANCY’ setup is a PREDATOR 4 point sneaky SS joint and 314-2 play shaft and BK-2 break shaft.

My carry setup is a DUFFERIN sneaky and a home brew VIPER break cue in a SCHMELKE box case.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
I shoot with both. Just depends If i want to show off my cue and have a conversation piece. I will shoot with fancier higher dollar cue. If i want to shoot for the cheese and need that extra ball or two I will might grab my plain jane MO-1 Meucci from early 80's or my plain Black from 76. I have better cue ball control with these two.