How much did your playing cue cost?

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Notta. My signed, un-stamped, David Jacoby Hoppe was a gift to me eight years ago from my good friend Ryan Roy of Conn.
I have made some changes to it, weight, taper and a third shaft, but,
it's still the same cue and all I have played with for the past eight years. I'll never part with it.

017.jpg

019.jpg

012.jpg

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a doug foster which was $974 had since 2006 brought another playing cue last year made by paul sumrall which was well over a $1,000.Every time i get a new cue I always seem to go back to my foster cue:confused:
I wish I wasn't a cue addict:grin-square:

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$75 for a cheap Brunswick. I've tried a bunch but I keep coming back to it because I play well with it. Recently I played a session with a fancier cue that I had sitting in the case which may become my new daily player. Until then, the Brunswick it is.

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 players depending on which I am in the mood for, one is a mid 90's Joss, worth about 600 and the other one is a collectors Joss previously owned by Joe Balsis(do a google search) which I paid 1200 for ( a steal) some years back. worth about 3-4x's that and my break cue 375 BK2

Delaware Lar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a mass production cue off of ebay (Palmer) for $50. I then paid a local cue maker $100 to put on an ivory ferrule, a layered tip, and a customized taper to the shaft. The fake (painted on) inlays make it look like an expensive cue.

It plays just as well as my Black Boar.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
i dont have one, every time I get a cue I say is my player, I end up selling it........

DunnM1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. One rc3 - $1,950 plus two predator 314 2nd generation shafts from Seyberts $480.
2. Three Brunswick Gold Crown Cue by Predator $500 each.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
over the years (cues I used for more than 3 years) this is since 85, some cues i used a year or 2, I didnt list them:

$475 Mcdermott
$350 A SouthWest in late 87
$300 Joss East
$950 Tad
$2750 SouthWest (ivory point cue) used it for 7 years.

Current cue is a 8pt Black Boar built in 06, I been using it since 08 I have about 1950 hours of play on it. It will be the last cue I will use as a player unless the old school slow cloth comes back, if that happens I'd switch to a Gus. As far as the price goes its high, but its perhaps the best hitting cue ever, lots of people have said that about it and they play lots stronger than me, anyone who can play is welcome to hit balls with it. I'll leave it at that.

framptonl

Cue It Up Lacky
Silver Member
Currently playing with a G208C McDermott - Free (thanks again McDermott)

Sometime this week (I cannot wait!!) - My new custom Paul Allers cue- 350ish.

aagreer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Woodworth

woodworth around 4k Brazillian rosewood 6 points snakewood and Ivory points
break cue woodworth 300 ugly but breaks awsome

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$900 for my jacoby and they made me a matching custom LD shaft for anther $100. cocobola joint, hits like a dream. don't be jealous now

platypus

SirBanksALotJr
Silver Member
My current player cost me about fifty bucks. It is an old skool Mali that i found in a pawn shop! Unfortunatly it does not have the original shaft but the shaft it came with rolls straight. Only thing that was really wrong with it, the bumper was missing (easy fix), and most of the green Mali logo has worn off! Ive been using this cue for about a week and it just feels oooooh so right in my hands. It is a bit heavier than my Scruggs (which was gifted to me) so i guess ill just have to carry them both.

Autist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About $50. Jian Ying cue. Have tried different cues too, can't seem to notice the difference.

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
Let's see, I paid $300 for my Schon SP #15 (29 years ago). I paid $750 for my Phillippi (about 15 years ago), I paid $1,500 for my Coker (about 14 years ago), I paid $1,200 for my Runde (about 14 years ago), and I paid $150 for my McDermott Dubliner COM (about 5 years ago).

Borja django

Cue i play with

Hi guys am new on this forum. I am from the philippines and i play with a very nice Josey sneaky pete with 3 points. Cost me around a whooping 800 plus Usd!

Pangit

Banned
Let's see, I paid $300 for my Schon SP #15 (29 years ago). I paid $750 for my Phillippi (about 15 years ago), I paid $1,500 for my Coker (about 14 years ago), I paid $1,200 for my Runde (about 14 years ago), and I paid $150 for my McDermott Dubliner COM (about 5 years ago).

And which one is your #1?

I'm thinking the difference between the buck fifty McDermott and your high dollar cues is almost transparent? That's just my wild assed guess?