How much did your playing cue cost?

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
Cues by Wayne

I shoot with a Wayne. 4 point with, I think, 3 inlays birds eye maple in the forearm and a bocote, I think, with a hoppe ring. It came with 2 shafts and paid $600 It honestly shoots great and I have had it about 4 or 5 years. I have recently purchased an OB Shaft classic.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
My player is worth about $4k on paper, but I wouldn't sell it for $10k. It was finished the same day my son was born, and then named after him.

The "Roman Alexander" cue.

Before this it was just a $450 Keith plain jane. Played every bit as good, and I'll pry go back to one someday...

Attachments

• Roman 5.jpg
    Roman 5.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 330

EasyEJL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
before this it was a used predator sneaky I got for $170 or so.

but now its this, which was custom made, only $500 with the 2 shafts.

945481_10201473547333820_1078965309_n.jpg

1460313_10201473551173916_270947436_n.jpg

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
I have 3 main players depending on how i am feeling or how bad out of stroke i am lol

1. KJ Custom made by fellow AZer KJcues 2010 plays like a dream $700 with 314-2 shaft and KJ Shaft ( i play with the solid maple shaft much more than the predator)

2. Schon SP 1404 $800

3. Joss A-07 bought in 2000 $340

4. Breaker, Kaiser(J&J) J/B $60 would not trade it for any high end breaker out there

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bounce around..

I like my Murrells that were 450.00- 500.00 a piece
I like my Sugartrees that were 300.00-425.00 each
I have 2 Rick Howards that are 350.00 each
I have a few Jim Pierce cues, and the most expensive is around 175.00

Once in awhile I'll bust out my James White 4 point 4 veneer Ivory jointed hoppe
and that cue is around 500.00

Oh I just got a sweet Sly Hoppe loaded with ivory , and Elephant ear wrap for 275.00..

and I have a few other cues that are around 100.00 each..

So yeah my most expensive player is around 500.00..
Damn I'm stupid for having so much money tied up in wood..:rolleyes:

Mike the Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About $900 for my Schon with two shafts.

I bought several cues just to "demystify" cues when I started--wanted to try a bunch of them for myself to see what I thought. Liked the Schon the best (by a considerable margin actually, not that that proves anything) so I kept that.

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I quit playing pool for 35+ years. A close friend and his wife had played in 2 leagues for years. The friend passed away from cancer. Pool was a major part of their life. One day talking to his wife said said she was having problems filling a team. I can not say I wanted to get back into pool at the time. Something made me tell her, at one time I was not a bad player. Next thing I knew she was giving me a one of her husbands cheap cues. Rest is history, I am back playing, still using that cue that has so much meaning to me it will never go any place. I will sooner or later find a better cue, but it will always be with me.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Around 300+ for the cue in 2007, extra shafts plus two, Z2's. Then I bought it's twin. Very plane looking Viking, G Series.
The wood is blond. Never dated a brunet. There was one, or two? ;-O Always had a thing for blonds.

budonahog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Samsara that I won in a raffle about two years ago and had $10 invested. Bought a Predator 314 shaft off an AZ member for $65. Have a Stinger break cue that I traded with a friend and had about $70 invested in that, and just last week, thanks to AZ and Predator, I have a Air II jump with a $4.95 investment. I have been very fortunate to say the least.:smile:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Willie Hoppe Professional Cue (1940's)

$225 (in below avg. condition)

$450 - Complete refinish, including new leather wrap, reduce thickness of butt, install new joint, new bumper, new Hoppe ring, new decal, and drill out and match new shaft.

$175 - OB shaft

Total Cost: PRICELESS :)

2012-December Cues 011.jpg

2012-December Cues 007.jpg

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
About $2,500.00 on my Jerry Franklin Southwest. It is the cue on the far right. I have a few cues that are more expensive but I don't play with them very often.

Attachments

• kersenbrock.jpg
    kersenbrock.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$185 back in 1987 for my Helmstetter ($368 in today's dollars). Then $235 for a new OB Classic shaft to replace the original and now slightly warped hard maple shaft. Plus $20 or so for the Kamui tip...

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Not enough that I've ever felt compelled to subject it to a photo session.

Just a run of the mill Viking that was half off retail on EBay but I did splurge on both 12 and 13mm shafts with matching ringwork...since the size I prefer seems to change monthly. Viking made some of the ugliest cues known to man over the years but they actually have some pretty classic and understated designs in the lineup today....pretty good value in my opinion.

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
My league cue is a 4 point Rauenzahn I got off of Ebay 7-8 years ago for $250, but I sold the case he shipped it in for $150 so I'm in it for $100.

DunnM1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See how many I can remember:
Richard Black - $1,080 came with its own case.
Richard Black - $3,000 came with its own case.
Richard CHUDY - $2,000
Richard CHUDY - $950
Schon - ivory joint tribute $1,700
Schon - ivory joint tribute #2 - $1,700

There are about 10 more that I did not mentioned.