How much did your playing cue cost?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I bought my player in 1974 in a pool hall in South Philly for $125. I also have a Poison VX2.9 J/B.

Palmer cue & book compressed.JPG

Palmer butt compressed.JPG

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
-r-

I have $1600 in my personalized Balabushka copy by Jerry Rauenzahn. Actually $1640 since I paid $40 for a Brunswick KU bumper and sent it to Jerry to use. Hit like a dream though.

Ron F

DSC03994.jpg

Rotarded

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I go between the Patrick ($1000) and the Webb ($1400) as my player, and $300 in my J/B

mrsmith1976

Out of line...again..UGH
Silver Member
Good question

I have about $1000 out of pocket in it. (Was actually in a 3 cue trade) It was the only way I could justify paying that much for it.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$45.00 for my Schon I won in a raffle :thumbup:

Retailed at about 900, 2 shafts & leather wrap. Can't beat it. I spent more on joint protectors! LOL

Last edited:

Geometric

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My player

My player is the Gilbert in the pic below and I have $2,100.00 in it. It is the first custom I ever had made for me and to my specs.

I have a matching set of plain janes that are being built by Brent from BHQ that is right around $1,000.00.

TheThaiger

Banned
A warped chinese made McDermott. Hits great and it's my break cue too, so the BK2 is going, as is the 2x4 case. Need to figure out a way of jumping with it also. I've swapped shafts and butts about with an identical cue I bought earlier, so total cost to me has been $15.

I have expensive cues, but am in the process of selling them. I am of the opinion higher end customs are better for looking at than playing with.

spindoctor9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paid $550 for my Pechauer. It's a little ugly to my eyes, but it hits awesome and I got it for about 50% retail. Couldn't pass that up. Paid something like $200 for a Lucasi (my first decent cue) and later put a Samsara tip on it for breaking/jumping.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think my Mike Webb was around $1400...
As much as I love this cue, I would have spent $2K on it. Never need to buy another.

P.S. No Mike, I will not send you another $600 just cuz :D

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$450~ for my schon which is going to end up being my break cue here soon, not a single one of those production line break cues can even touch it in terms of how it breaks. Probably going to get another schon for a shooting cue soon.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
1100$ for my schon. 300$ for my Varney J/B and 900 for my JJ case. None of which i would trade for anything.