How Reyes got so good in 3 cushion billiards...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
maybe the question should be how did Torbjorn get so good in pool? ...
I'm pretty sure his father owned a billiard hall with various kinds of tables. Blomdahl is unusual compared to a lot of European 3-C players in that he played very little of the "small" carom games when he was learning. In the past 10 years or so he has played some one-cushion and did pretty well at it. He got lessons from Eddy Leppens. Efren plays pretty good one cushion as well. I have heard that it was his primary carom game but I'm not sure.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Let’s not forget the great Johnny Layton was a 3cushion world champion 13x and won 2 14.1 championships!

Greenleaf got 3rd and 6th in two 3c world championships with averages of .880 and 1.06 grand averages respectively. Greenleaf and Hoppe battled twice. Greenleaf lost 600 to 362 in 561 innings and 600 to 527 in 656 innings, averaging .645 in the first and .803 in the second.

Greenleaf imop was the greatest innately gifted mind that billiards/pocket billiards ever produced. Worst being a close second, but arguably our greatest cueist.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maybe the question should be how did Torbjorn get so good in pool? Didn't he smoke Efren in their nine ball exhibition?

A prime adult Efren would have struggled significantly cracking the top 100 in snooker and carom
Blomdahl never did or never will want any part of Efren in any pocket billiard contest.

Same could be said for Efren with respect to blomdahl and 3c.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
A race to 9 in an exhibition isn’t saying much…..he is a real solid pool player tho without doubt. This is about the rail isn’t of the two playing 3 cushion to the same points…..to 30 or 50….in either game the gaps will show for either player.