HOW TO CATCH A NIT

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is also a way to uncover the group who greatly overestimates the money that can be made setting a high run record. Especially when you try to claim a new record while simultaneously insisting the old record somehow wasn't a record.

But yes, if I had the slightest interest in seeing it I would pay up. I have zero use for a scrap of cloth...I suppose I could break off of it to save wear on my home table.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
My definition of a hustler is to ask to raise the bet when loosing.
Exactly, if you don't occasionally trap yourself....you got no heart.

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My definition of a hustler is to ask to raise the bet when loosing.
Then there are a whole lot of hustlers. I've seen a hell of a lot of people raise the bet when losing and NONE of them were hustling. Raising the bet when winning, that's a different story.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then there are a whole lot of hustlers. I've seen a hell of a lot of people raise the bet when losing and NONE of them were hustling. Raising the bet when winning, that's a different story.
I don't know. I agree to play sets for whatever amount, most of the time just $20 race to 4 and we can play this all night. Win 5 sets and someone wants to play for $200, not going to happen.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So are the nits the guys paying 125 or the guys selling this?

Imagine if John Schmit had gone this route.....he would have be hung by Harriman, Lou and the mob.
John didn't do that, but they still "tried" to undermine his accomplishment.

As we know, some of them actually carried their vendetta against John so far as to spend thousands of dollars to break a record that they said wasn't a record....lol

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

As we know, some of them actually carried their vendetta against John so far as to spend thousands of dollars to break a record that they said wasn't a record....lol
Petty
Obvious

Example 1, 782 of why pool goes nowhere.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It sure didn’t take very long. Maybe it’s not the amazing record we all thought it was. I can’t wait to see it start back up again and see what kind of numbers get put up.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sure didn’t take very long. Maybe it’s not the amazing record we all thought it was. I can’t wait to see it start back up again and see what kind of numbers get put up.
John immediately, and genuinely, congratulated Shaw. Because he has class.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might be more of a sharking move, but agreeing to a bet, then the NIT wants to raise the bet in the middle of a game or race. Stick to what you agreed with at the start.

This happened to me on the one and only time I ever bet on pool. And it was the last. I'm not dealing with the bullshit.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
While it isn't what this thread is really about I'll define nit: Somebody that won't let me hustle them.

While on a roll; Smart game maker: Me!

Nothing makes me crazier than two nits trying to match up. They sit at the counter for two hours trying to match up to win the bet at the counter. Most of the time they never make it to a table because they can't find a bet where both think they have a lock. On the rare occasions they do match up, they head to the table, play one set to seven for twenty and are done in thirty minutes or so. Sometimes I think that pool room owners are doing things wrong. Charge rent on bar stools and free table time and they would make a killing!

Hu

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John immediately, and genuinely, congratulated Shaw. Because he has class.
Ummm, ok. Good for him I guess. I've also seen him be an asshat both online in a tournament in person. Like both of us he has his good days and bad. But why are you telling me? I was just mentioning how quickly the record was broken after standing for so long.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raising the bet when your losing is tilting or smart if your on the lemon

Raising the bet when winning is smart

Bet size can but doesn’t have to be a eliminate of a hustle.

Usually the hustle is laid down before the bet ever happen.

Inducing the bet is the hustle.

Remember guys “size don’t matter”😂

Fatboy <———Not a hustler, Scouts Honor rip P&P

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A hustle can come in many forms.

Most hustles happen before the first ball is hit.

Some hustles take weeks or even months to mature.

Then again, some hustles happen on the fly. Literally because some idiot that thinks he can play will walk up and say those magic words:

Wanna play something cheap?

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raising the bet when your losing is tilting or smart if your on the lemon

Raising the bet when winning is smart

Bet size can but doesn’t have to be a eliminate of a hustle.

Usually the hustle is laid down before the bet ever happen.

Inducing the bet is the hustle.

Remember guys “size don’t matter”😂

Fatboy <———Not a hustler, Scouts Honor rip P&P

People have tried to hustle me a few times, it didn't work, for I'm not greedy and I have nothing to prove.
People usually fall for hustles due to greed or ego.

On the other hand, I have been accused of hustling a few times.
I believe, that I never hustled anyone in my life, they did it to themselves, a few times despite my warnings.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Then again, some hustles happen on the fly. Literally because some idiot that thinks he can play will walk up and say those magic words:

I’ll play something cheap if it’s my game😂😂😉

Great post!!

Have a good weekend
Fatboy😀😀

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People have tried to hustle me a few times, it didn't work, for I'm not greedy and I have nothing to prove.
People usually fall for hustles due to greed or ego.

On the other hand, I have been accused of hustling a few times.
I believe, that I never hustled anyone in my life, they did it to themselves, a few times despite my warnings.
Can’t cheat a honest man

True words

Respect
Fatboy

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

When I was learning to play there was a place full of serious players, normal people would not go there.
Place was huge, I set up in a corner away from the action. A guy came over and told me - I was pretty good.
I knew it was a line because I sucked.

He then asked to play a race for a $100. I told him that I know that I suck and there is no way I would gamble with him.
Next week he came over and ask to play for $50, couple weeks later for $20. He watched me practice from far.
Two months into it, he said lets just play for fun and we did, I thank him for playing me and bought him a drink.

Fast forward a couple of years, I was getting good playing nonstop, gambling, tournaments, league, 40 hours a week easy.
I came over to him and asked for a match, the money in my pocket was the money I took from others, and I was willing to donate.
We started playing sets for that $100, I won when given odds, lost straight up, 6 sets in and it was even. We played several times later too.

Incidentally, when, I rejected his hustle the first time we met, I knew he was good, I had no idea how good, a very strong master.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was learning to play there was a place full of serious players, normal people would not go there.
Place was huge, I set up in a corner away from the action. A guy came over and told me - I was pretty good.
I knew it was a line because I sucked.

He then asked to play a race for a $100. I told him that I know that I suck and there is no way I would gamble with him.
Next week he came over and ask to play for $50, couple weeks later for $20. He watched me practice from far.
Two months into it, he said lets just play for fun and we did, I thank him for playing me and bought him a drink.

Fast forward a couple of years, I was getting good playing nonstop, gambling, tournaments, league, 40 hours a week easy.
I came over to him and asked for a match, the money in my pocket was the money I took from others, and I was willing to donate.
We started playing sets for that $100, I won when given odds, lost straight up, 6 sets in and it was even. We played several times later too.

Incidentally, when, I rejected his hustle the first time we met, I knew he was good, I had no idea how good, a very strong master.
Great story,

I have a very similar story as well. Declined to play a few guys then 2-3-4 years later played them. Very similar situation.

It’s pretty cool to have l paid your dues and realize that the effort was possibly not the best use of time-but at least see that you could hang with players.

I was never great, but I had my moments. I miss those a days now.

Somehow pool just isn’t the same.

Great story!

Fatboy Approved