how to do side pockets with cloth

ballafish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have looked and looked but was unable to find anything on this.

Is it possible to do the pockets on a table (gold crown 1) without making relief cuts in the cloth?

Thanks for your input.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

PS'
the measurement of slack pulled in to the side pockets are not same on both side pockets...if you use the same measurements your gonna have more slack in one side than the other..
cheers'
-
Rob.M

matteroner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS'
the measurement of slack pulled in to the side pockets are not same on both side pockets...if you use the same measurements your gonna have more slack in one side than the other..
cheers'
-
Rob.M

so that's why that happened ....nice to know ...

ballafish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
side pockets

Thank you all I did watch the youtube and it looks like he cut out 4 relief cuts to allow for the curve in the pockets.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
why would the slack be different on the side pockets?

Because one side is your anchor side and one side is your stretch side, so there's a bit different tension on each. I would recommend with your lack of experience doing pockets that you go ahead and do the relief cuts and cover them with the cuff that you see a lot of us use. You should be able to find info on those on here. You won't be able to finish the pockets without cuts though.

ballafish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuff?

Do you mean with a strip of cloth glued over the cuts? That is what i did on my table last time and did not like the look.

Thanks again,
Allen

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Do you mean with a strip of cloth glued over the cuts? That is what i did on my table last time and did not like the look.

Thanks again,
Allen

He means like this.

Attachments

• MarkG2.jpg
    MarkG2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 370