How to fix pool

• Jump shots should be banned...or you must use a full cue.
  • The diamonds on the sides should be removed.
  • Pockets should be 4 1/2 to 4 1/4"...no bigger or smaller!
  • No alternating breaks
  • 5 minute (or whatever) game clocks instead of shot clocks
  • Bring back the hot refs...why we have a bunch of old dudes in oversized suits?
  • Get better commentary.
  • Any handycap system (if you need one) should be games and not balls.

Suggestions welcome.

Last edited:

WobblyStroke

I'm on board with no jumps. I hate em. It's a roll the balls around a surface game. Stuck? Kick at it. None of this hopping over balls that are in your way, let alone with special equipment designed to launch balls. That's not pool.

Zerksies

1. Jump shots are entertaining
  2. okay on diamonds
  3. pockets okay
  4. good on breaks
  5. love the five minute timer. Maybe 2.30 per player per game time
  6. love some hot refs
  7. most commentary is horrible. If damn Earle is on i turn it off
  8. forget the handicap
Bring in the cheering fans, this isn't damn golf. Most of us play in noisy bars anyway.
pre game shit talk would be great like wrestling or boxing.
Maybe have a world champ and they have to play for the top seat. like boxing or do it like chess.

WobblyStroke

1. Jump shots are entertaining
  2. okay on diamonds
  3. pockets okay
  4. good on breaks
  5. love the five minute timer. Maybe 2.30 per player per game time
  6. love some hot refs
  7. most commentary is horrible. If damn Earle is on i turn it off
  8. forget the handicap
Bring in the cheering fans, this isn't damn golf. Most of us play in noisy bars anyway.
pre game shit talk would be great like wrestling or boxing.
Maybe have a world champ and they have to play for the top seat. like boxing or do it like chess.
ye the entertainment value of jumps is a big reason why they still around. look at 'best shots of the tournament' collections and it's like half jumps. people love em and they really appeal to non players. But it's a much more beautiful game when you gotta keep the balls on the table.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
One group over all of Pool.

One set of rules,

That group to guarantee all prize funds.

PHA Golfer never get bad checks, like Pool players did in Phoenix at Desert Shootout.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How to fix pool. NO SEVEN FOOT TABLES. Since that's not going to happen pool will never be fixed. It's a dying (or maybe it's already dead) sport in America and will continue to fade into oblivion.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How to fix pool. NO SEVEN FOOT TABLES. Since that's not going to happen pool will never be fixed. It's a dying (or maybe it's already dead) sport in America and will continue to fade into oblivion.
Leagues on 7 foot tables are big in Colorado.
Between alcohol and food they are keeping the places open so old farts like me can play on 9 foot Diamonds cheap on Saturday mornings.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
This is the same troll dummy from a few years ago hollering about no diamonds lol

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Who are the people who stand most if Pool paid like Main stream sport. No the recreational player.🤫

The Pro Player's, let they do the work to rep rewards.

Even at local level business sponsors have little intrest in pool. Walk into most rooms, or bar during tournament play.

What you will find is people who look like they took afternoon off from standing on corner were they normally with card board that reads.

DOWN ON LUCK, ANY THING WILL HELP.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the same troll dummy from a few years ago hollering about no diamonds lol
Pool savior!
Screenshot_20220908-115006.jpg

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who are the people who stand most if Pool paid like Main stream sport. No the recreational player.🤫

The Pro Player's, let they do the work to rep rewards.

Even at local level business sponsors have little intrest in pool. Walk into most rooms, or bar during tournament play.

What you will find is people who look like they took afternoon off from standing on corner were they normally with card board that reads.

DOWN ON LUCK, ANY THING WILL HELP.
Do even play pool? Where I play they all look like nascar drivers and golfers had a child out of wedlock. And they both spoil them with every new gadget known to man.