How to improve your stroke...

RunEm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen the beer bottle thing before but that bridge is funky looking lol

Rhale100

DILLIGAF ?
Silver Member
I've seen closed bridge and open bridge but this is the first time I've ever seen a "Moose Knuckle" being used as a bridge... :eek:

images.jpg

AKA "The Camel Toe" :cool:

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sometimes shoot some shots like it was kind of hard to learn. It thought me how to slow down my stroke.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players with a back-swing stroke as fast as a forward stroke, are advertising they're easy pickings. The bridge is another give-away. Then again, when I was looking for a game, I'd crank the butt of a house cue from my shoulder to waist, back and forth violently as I held the chalk on the tip. They couldn't wait to play me.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've seen closed bridge and open bridge but this is the first time I've ever seen a "Moose Knuckle" being used as a bridge... :eek:
You've led a very sheltered life.:cool:
Beyond that, it's a really bad idea to practice what this guy was suggesting unless you want to develop a piston-style stroke. To do his drill well, you need down/up/down elbow motion.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
This guy has some pretty wild trick shots. He may not be able to bridge like a typical pro, but he's got no problem putting a stroke on a ball.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His other videos prove that he knows his way around a table. I suspect the unorthodox bridge is a way to get easy action.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Someone I play with uses that type of bridge upon occasion. Not all the time, tho...I haven't paid enough attention to the circumstances to be able to say why he uses it and/or when.

I'll see if I can see a pattern to its use, for him, and if there's a specific reason.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I suspect the unorthodox bridge is a way to get easy action.
And I'm pretty sure that his bizarre, idiosyncratic bridge has very little to do with the action he gets. I'm pretty sure the action is determined by the fact the he hits the ball hard and off-center. And, he chalks well enough.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I'm pretty sure that his bizarre, idiosyncratic bridge has very little to do with the action he gets. I'm pretty sure the action is determined by the fact the he hits the ball hard and off-center. And, he chalks well enough.

By "action" I mean gambling.

I know a lot of people who would jump out of their seats to play someone with that bridge.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
By "action" I mean gambling.

I know a lot of people who would jump out of their seats to play someone with that bridge.
Yes, I've seen that sort of thing work well. You'd think that most people would be wary of such things since "The Hustler" and a whole bunch of other movies have demonstrated similar techniques.

My favorite goofy bridge is with all my fingers on tippy-toe and the cue sliding between my watch band and my up-turned thumb. It is possible to run a rack like that, and it gives the original video the seven for goofiness. It's just a little extreme for the purpose -- if you go too far the marks smell a rat.