How to pack your cues on airplane?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know airplanes makes one check their cues now as they could be weapons. I'm thinking my golf club travel bag with my clothes wrapped around the cue case. Any ideas to keep the cues safe?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hard case inside your duffle bag/luggage
has worked for me
also tsa locks on the zippers of the case
call me and I will tell you some of my experiences

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
I know airplanes makes one check their cues now as they could be weapons. I'm thinking my golf club travel bag with my clothes wrapped around the cue case. Any ideas to keep the cues safe?
I use a large rolling duffle. Fits all my clothes, cue case, etc. I've also seen plenty of folks check their case by itself. I was actually surprised in Vegas by the number of cases that just came flopping out at baggage claim. https://www.walmart.com/ip/PROTEGE-...Pc5QEl-15fkruigJsz8aAgZiEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

VTtuna

I use a large rolling duffle. Fits all my clothes, cue case, etc. I've also seen plenty of folks check their case by itself. I was actually surprised in Vegas by the number of cases that just came flopping out at baggage claim. https://www.walmart.com/ip/PROTEGE-...Pc5QEl-15fkruigJsz8aAgZiEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I’m headed to Vegas in august for APA but I can’t get myself to check my cues.I simply don’t trust that they’ll safely arrive in Vegas when I do ( I probably could’ve given myself better odds by having a longer layover then one hour) I figured I’d fed ex them right to the westgate and scoop them up right when I check in. Thoughts?

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m headed to Vegas in august for APA but I can’t get myself to check my cues.I simply don’t trust that they’ll safely arrive in Vegas when I do ( I probably could’ve given myself better odds by having a longer layover then one hour) I figured I’d fed ex them right to the westgate and scoop them up right when I check in. Thoughts?
I think if you check in a rolling duffle or a golf club hard case with the approved TSA locks, the cues will be all right. I know I'm only packing the cues I'll be using ( not the expensive ones). I also have the golf driver pulled out locking length device that fits in the bag. Can find it in Amazon.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Nothing of value to you leave your control. Aircraft baggage handler don’t care if they loose, destroy, on put on wrong aircraft.

Told you so don’t cry when they destroy or loose your stuff.

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of people taking their cues. Don't sweat it. They'll make it. I've gone to Vegas every year for almost a decade and treat my cues like my toothbrush. Checked bag makes it to vegas. I'd roll the dice with a plane vs fedex any day. If the plane loses your bag for a bit, they'll deliver it to your hotel.

-td

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was recently travelling and a friend sent a package to my hotel. It was marked as delivered by the tracking info. The hotel claims they never saw it.

All of life is a risk. I've only lost my luggage once and then it was probably stolen by TSA people. Fortunately my cue was not in the bag -- just my laptop. Airlines do not replace stolen laptops and neither does the TSA.

I pack my cue in my roller bag and then I don't worry about it.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am willing to drive for 3 days to avoid flying commercial.
Living in central Texas allows the lower 48 under the above guideline.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I am willing to drive for 3 days to avoid flying commercial.
Living in central Texas allows the lower 48 under the above guideline.
Nothing of value to you leave your control. Aircraft baggage handler don’t care if they loose, destroy, on put on wrong aircraft.

Told you so don’t cry when they destroy or loose your stuff.
So.... please tell us how you fly with your cues (or maybe you don't fly)? Everyone MUST check them in as checked- in baggage.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cheap hard 1 x 2 that I put inside a Large Porper Travel Bag. I take a cue that I won't be heartbroken over should it get lost. They have extra small stickers on the claim tag that I put on the inside case. The travel bag has two zippers that I put a TSA approved lock on.

kitsap

Registered

I have successfully packed my hard cue case inside of a padded photographic tripod carrying case before checking it as luggage. They are not overly expensive and available in several sizes on Amazon.

Screenshot 2022-06-12 202819.jpg

Reactions: bbb

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a new 34" suit case that my soft cue case would fit into diagonally and checked my bag on a non-stop flight. I have done this twice now and have had no problems. Also, the suit case that I purchased has the TSA locks on it.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I haven't flown in years, never with pool cues. Where do you buy TSA locks?

Thanks.
Some of the smaller to mid size locks in your local stores will be TSA locks as well, you just have to look at the front of the packaging and it will say it usually fairly prominently as a selling point if it is. And if the TSA locks aren't mixed in with the rest of the locks they could sometimes be over by the travel items like suitcases and electric plug adapters and such.