How to Run Out in 8-Ball on a Bar Box

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video with 15 8-ball runouts on a "bar box," with challenging layouts and problems to solve. Detailed analysis and advice is provided. If you disagree with any of the ball group, shot, or pattern choices, please post replies with MM:SS timestamps and explain what you would have done differently. Check it out:

Contents:
0:00 - Intro
1:06 - Rack 1
4:06 - Rack 2
5:33 - Rack 3
7:34 - Rack 4
9:41 - Rack 5
11:03 - Rack 6-15
13:23 - Wrap Up

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Jedco

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Dave,

I really like the 8-ball and bar box content you've been making lately. I mostly play rotation on big tables, but I feel like these subjects are more relevant to many people. I think there is a lack of good content for the 8-ball, league, and bar box player.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting. I asked about putting together an 8 ball barbox instructional months ago and I'm happy you bothered to put one together.

This is my favorite 8 ball barbox match on a Valley- watching pros play on similar conditions to most leagues shows you how great they truly are. I didn't do a scientific count, but I think Corey broke and ran like 70% of the time in this match (playing take what you make as well!)

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting. I asked about putting together an 8 ball barbox instructional months ago and I'm happy you bothered to put one together.

This is my favorite 8 ball barbox match on a Valley- watching pros play on similar conditions to most leagues shows you how great they truly are. I didn't do a scientific count, but I think Corey broke and ran like 70% of the time in this match (playing take what you make as well!)

Thanks for the video link. I look forward to watching that later.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
So you just really ran a 15 pack of bar box 8ball?

Even with the new or polished balls that's unbelievably impressive.
Question in rack 14, the jump bank, did you call that? It was so fast I didn't see you tap the pocket, assuming you did but just curious

Do you think you could run a 15 pack with the standard ball set of the table? I'd assume the standard set isn't polished and should make more problems.

Wow either was , 15 pack ,
Did that just happen? Lol

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you just really ran a 15 pack of bar box 8ball?

Even with the new or polished balls that's unbelievably impressive.
Question in rack 14, the jump bank, did you call that? It was so fast I didn't see you tap the pocket, assuming you did but just curious

Do you think you could run a 15 pack with the standard ball set of the table? I'd assume the standard set isn't polished and should make more problems.

Wow either was , 15 pack ,
Did that just happen? Lol
I think he stated at the beginning that it wasn't 15 consecutive racks- he edited the video.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

I could claim I was shooting the jump bank to show off, but I would be lying. It was a mistake. I decided to just roll with it anyway, mostly to see if anybody would notice. Good job noticing.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I could claim I was shooting the jump bank to show off, but I would be lying. It was a mistake. I decide to just roll with it anyway, mostly to see if anybody would notice. Good job noticing.

I messed up a jump bank the other night in league and I overheard my opponent say, "No more trick shots from him." lol

I had gotten out of a couple of other safeties just before that attempt.

Jeff Livingston

middleofnowhere

Registered
Thanks to everybody for the positive feedback. I appreciate it. These are the kinds of videos I like doing the best because they give me lots of good practice.
The table seem to play better than most bar tables I often encounter. Was that your cue ball or is that the cue ball that's generally found on the bar table? It looks like it draws very easily and was a little easier to play position with then i'm often used to seeing on many bar tables.
Thanks.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
The table seem to play better than most bar tables I often encounter. Was that your cue ball or is that the cue ball that's generally found on the bar table? It looks like it draws very easily and was a little easier to play position with then i'm often used to seeing on many bar tables.
Thanks.

I think that had Valley Majestic on it. Dave will know. That cloth is like sandpaper and if you get the ball spinning, it comes back for sure.

Jeff Livingston