How would you play, Ronnie Wiseman?

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Even though it's often true (and may very well be in the case of this thread), I just want to add that I don't like the phrase "There's 3 sides to every story" because it's often a cop out.

Sometimes, one person is telling the complete truth, and the other side is a lying sack of malodorous materials ;)

-Tom

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Ronnie and I tried to match up when he was in town for so long, and we could not match up. I would not give the weight for the 5K so we did not play. ...
Now you've got me curious. What were you going to spot him?

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie came to visit us at the Flamingo a couple years back, super nice guy, great player, no problems at all, he is always welcome to come back.:grin-square:

captain hook, whats your name? I see your from the famous flamingo bar. Ive been there.

RobDeBank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol I agree with everyone here and it's not based on here say from forums and stuff, I'd say theres a good chance your not gettin paid if you win.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol I agree with everyone here and it's not based on here say from forums and stuff, I'd say theres a good chance your not gettin paid if you win.

If you know that to be true, then all you have to do is post and forget about it, everyone should be posting every time they play any set over 50 dollars, unless you have a history with the one you are gambling with.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lock you must play pretty strong if Ronnie is asking you for a spot!
Although it is written, "Ask and ye shall receive," the receiving part doesn't always happen. It can't hurt to ask. This is similar to, "All prayers are answered." It's just that the answer is usually "NO."

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although it is written, "Ask and ye shall receive," the receiving part doesn't always happen. It can't hurt to ask. This is similar to, "All prayers are answered." It's just that the answer is usually "NO."

Bob,
You asked me what the spot was and I answered you. I was talking to you since you asked the question. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Now, Ronnie Wiseman is sitting in Buffalo Billiards right now. I talked to him tonight. He said he would not play me. That is all I can go on. If people would tend to their own business the the AZB forum would be a much nicer place!

There is a big difference between not agreeing with a person and no matter what they say you disagree with, there is something wrong with that picture. How can you have something bad to say no matter what the person say? Sorry, Bob I just got off of the subject for a minute.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire.

He once staked me and accused me of dumping him, and Ive never dumped a soul or been involved in such a deal.

I even begged them to let me not play the game, they moreless threw me on the table, because they thought they were stealin at the game. Which they were, just not on this one paticular night.

And yes always make him post !!!!!

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've known Ronnie for probably 20 years. I consider him a friend and mentor. If he stiffs so many people why would he continue to get action all around the country? Ronnie has a ton of gamble and is good for whichever poolroom he is at.

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've known Ronnie for probably 20 years. I consider him a friend and mentor. If he stiffs so many people why would he continue to get action all around the country? Ronnie has a ton of gamble and is good for whichever poolroom he is at.

Ronnie has charisma and when he is pumped up yea no doubt he has a ton of gamble and is good at generating action, but when he is bust he goes into stiffer mode (yes I am a victim of his from about 10 years ago).
When he goes bust he does not have an easy way to pump back up to his gambling lifestyle where as other great action players (guys like Bartram and Lil John) that I must say I have the utmost respect for they dont get in action for awhile they are not afraid to use other avenues to generate or to refrain from spending there gambling bankroll. To be fair to Ronnie I would say 95% of the time its safe to say yea he pays off and is great action. Its that pesky other 5% that have led to multiple threads and posts on his stiffing past