How would you run this?

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
wei2_zpsaad05e04.png
[/URL][/IMG]
the
This is what I got after the break. You have ball in hand. The game is rotation. What balls go in which pocket?
Edit:THE 1 GOES IN THE BOTTOM CORNER. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.

The answer is actually pretty much straightforward. I just thought It'd be a cool thing to diagram a full rack of rotation. Not the most difficult rack to solve but because it's a full rack (minus the 13ball that went in the break) it's vital to stay in-line otherwise if you veer off course you might not get another chance.

I will post the video how I did soon as I get it up on youtube.

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Looking at that rack, I can see what I have to do, but making sure everything goes according to plan is whole 'nother story altogether.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Which balls go in which pockets?
...none....

The 1-ball doesn't go, so I'm sticking whitey on the 2-ball and banking
the 1-ball 2 rails into the 10 and 12 balls.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Which balls go in which pockets?
...none....

The 1-ball doesn't go, so I'm sticking whitey on the 2-ball and banking
the 1-ball 2 rails into the 10 and 12 balls.

Sure, the 1 doesn't go straight in as shown, but the 1-2-14 is clearly dead to the upper left corner, depending on how much the balls throw. Or, if the 1 is frozen to the 2, you can force it through with draw and or the 10-times-fuller system. I'd try to leave the cue ball at the second O in POOL and hope that the 2 ended up in a reasonable place like where the 14 is to start with. You might make both the 1 and the 14 -- give yourself two chances for the run.

Last edited:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Well, I couldn't recite the exact way out if this were straight pool. If anyone can call this run out from this position then you need to join the tour Zeus, Superman and Jesus play on.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. The smart play here would be a safety on the opening shot. Anyone else who plays a three ball combination the length of the table when unnecessary then posts it online as the right way to do it, is probably just bragging at this point that they took a swing at a shot most players, skilled or not, wouldn't have done and got lucky enough to get out afterwards. Just my opinion.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bank the 1 in the side by 4 ball. Follow up a bit, and bank the 2 in the side by the 11 ball. Boom! You're home free.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Oh no, i'm so sorry guys. I should have clarified, the 1 goes in the bottom corneer.

Last edited:

Thepip

David
Silver Member
Start with a hard combination on the 14 to sink the 1 in the corner. Then in rotation 2 in the same pocket, 3 in the top corner, 4 back down table in the corner, 5 stop shot top left, 6 top right with follow, 7 top left 8 top left, 9 tough cut top right or bank top left depending on position. Combo 10-12 12 in the bottom corner, ten back up top left, 11 side or bottom right depending on position, 14 top left 15 depending on position top right or left. Boom goes the dynamite!

BTW I could not run this in 100 years with a 4 leaf clover, rabbits foot, coaching from Willie Mosconi, Johnny Archer stroke and Shane van Boening patience using a Balabushka cue and Earl Strickland sharking me in the corner.

Love the game.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
You can't shoot the 14 first as that would be a foul :p. Sorry for the confusion but the 1 goes in the bottom corner.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is probably a standard layout one would get in rotation, but it's a very tough run out. Many of the shots depend on you getting perfect angles and clearing a ball out of the way of another ball, then getting great shape on that ball. I would not give myself more than a 1% chance of running this out. The 6 to 7 to 8 is probably the first really tough shot and even if the 2-14 combo is dead, you'd have to end up good on the 2 to get to the 3 because of the 4 there just waiting to hook you or mess with going from the 3 to the 4.

Assuming you get perfectly in line, and make all the shots as planned including caroms, kisses off balls and combos, I can see a layout, in theory hehe.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
I thought the break was a scratch ball in hand open table.

Maybe i musunderstood you. I thought you said hit the 14 first. You may only hit the lowest numbered ball at any time even after a scratch. Anyhow, i confused you with my layout. The 1goes in the corner so no need for a combo.

Tobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant beleive nobody else sees this.... Take ball in hand you shoot the 1 ball 3 rails into the 15 ball which banks the 15 ball cross corner for the WIN. Now if you cant do this you need alittle practice.

LOL

Thepip

David
Silver Member
i was playing like it's rotation, in my cash league a scratch on the break is ball in hand anywhere on the table and that also means all balls are open to be hit. then i was just looking to run all the balls off the table. not 8ball, 9ball or 10ball rules just knocking them in 1 at a time. I misunderstood the rules of the game. i feel lucky if i run 2 balls in, in a row

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could draw up a reasonable pattern that works, but I would need 5000 tries to actually do it

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
I cant beleive nobody else sees this.... Take ball in hand you shoot the 1 ball 3 rails into the 15 ball which banks the 15 ball cross corner for the WIN. Now if you cant do this you need alittle practice.

LOL

Aka the "Ram shot". Ha ha! You should look it up in the search bar. The guy is a riot.

RonnieOSullivan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just yell "Split 'em!" and make the one, cue ball goes into the 2 to bank into the side, and 14 goes into the corner on the combo, then make the rest using behind the back masse shots and object ball jump shots, with maybe six-rail kick bank on the 15 to show off. Seems pretty easy to me

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
This is how it went down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkfuqH68ZH8

There was a lot of background noise in the original vid so I had to put canned music over it. Best to just turn off your volume.

The 2 to the 3 is probably my best shot here. I wanted to just barely miss the 4. I was able to pull it off and put the cueball at the exact spot I wanted.

Again, sorry for the confusion with the way I set-up the wei diagram. It looked like the 1 didn't go in the corner which it obviously does in the video.