How Would You Shoot This?

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
You need to hit the cue ball below center....it's close to the rail.
DRAW with left is what makes this hit a hanger.

But know needing to jack up right?:wink:

What's with the big DRAW???? Yes your right. but just hitting anywhere left on the cb will get you there , trust me.
Know need to make the cb make the cool bend here.

Going to the end rail makes the 3 a big ball.

Just my humble opinion ,but you can jack up and DRAW all you want.:smile:

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

What's with the big DRAW???? Yes your right. but just hitting anywhere left on the cb will get you there , trust me.:smile:

Maybe not anywhere, but high, middle, and low left does it. We don't need to make the cb do a cool bend here.:)

Just my humble opinion:grin: but you can jack up and DRAW all you want.:smile:

I've played a bit of 3-cushion....high, low, and middle makes whitey go different places.
You don't need massive draw on this shot, but you need SOME.
I don't think I can make this shot without draw....but if I could, I'd have to flirt with the
hooking ball......draw allows you to aim wide.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I've played a bit of 3-cushion....high, low, and middle makes whitey go different places.
You don't need massive draw on this shot, but you need SOME.
I don't think I can make this shot without draw....but if I could, I'd have to flirt with the
hooking ball......draw allows you to aim wide.

No you don't :)..and dont say lets bet...I never never lose when I'm right.:thumbup:
The next time your at a table, set the shot up and see for yourself.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

What's with the big DRAW???? Yes your right. but just hitting anywhere left on the cb will get you there , trust me.
Know need to make the cb make the cool bend here.

Just my humble opinion ,but you can jack up and DRAW all you want.:smile:

I agree with PT109, I don't think left would reverse the cue ball enough at this angle. The draw causes the cue ball to masse off the rail, actually curving the path. I don't even think you need left at all. Unfortunately my table is in storage right now so I am just going by memory and perception.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
No you don't :)..and dont say lets bet...I never never lose when I'm right.:thumbup:
The next time your at a table, set the shot up and see for yourself.

I'm not going to be like that....I like these discussions.
But I would suggest that you try hitting the shot high, low an center.

To the OP
I love these threads....and you can get as crusty as you want in other threads as far as
I'm concerned....I like what you bring to the forum.
We have probably met.

pt....knew Wilfy at the Rack.....didn't know Wolfy.....::)

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I'm not going to be like that....I like these discussions.
But I would suggest that you try hitting the shot high, low an center.

To the OP
I love these threads....and you can get as crusty as you want in other threads as far as
We have probably met.

What Buddy done in the video isn't the only way to get there.
You both can see for yourself.;)
If either one of you like to make a wager,let me know...I;m your guy.;)
Can and will post a video of me hitting with low ,middle ,high and maybe some kung fu English to.

No need to argue ,wants some of my money?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Can and will post a video of me hitting with low ,middle ,high and maybe some kung fu English to.

Sorry, you're not on the Good Action List.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calm down there, buddy. No need to bust out the Kung-fu English.. You are scaring the pro players. In fact, Kung fu English is the reason pro players don't post here for long. And it is why pool, as a sport is in the gutter. And it is why blownus ball failed, plus it is the cause if the well known and always sad thing that we

The pro way to shoot the shot would include draw ,IMO...though if you want the cb to stay near where it hits the 3, draw would probably not be the way to go.

So, the jump is definitely the best chance for the win.

I march no longer- I'm done with war.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All these people saying jump shot must either be left handed or way more flexible than I am, because as a right hander there's no way I can reach the jump shot.

To the Wonderful Old Nine Baller,

We have probably met.

Crusty? Do you mean like a crustacean?

crusty.jpg

Or maybe you meant like a clown? Like I'm here to make you laugh? What's so funny about me?

krusty.png

Do I walk funny? Do I talk funny? What's so f*cking funny about me?:):grin::thumbup:

goodfellas-tommy.jpg

We know many in the poolrooms who were called one thing or another and that's the only way we knew them:wink:. For example "Plastic":eek:.

ONB

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Draw with left english is what Buddy used. You can see it, and the commentators even said it. The shot can be made with draw or follow or middle cb. The reason for using draw is so that the cb has follow when it comes off the rail. If you use follow, the cb will have draw drag coming off the rail. Left spin is what causes the cb to curve back in. Using no english will only put follow or draw on the cb after contact with the bottom rail. It won't change the angle much at all.

I have shot shots like this many times. It looks very impressive, but really is not that hard at all. If you aren't familiar with this shot, work with it for ten minutes. You will add a new "escape" to your arsenal.