I am interested in getting a butt only made with a schon type pin

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
This may sound weird but i am interested in getting a butt made that will fit my current shaft i play with a schon with one of the predator 314 originals and a kamui ss black but i want alighter cue than i can find in a schon. I know the shfts are heavy as they are laminated but i am looking for a finished complete weight of about 17 oz. pm me or give me a call if you can help basic 4 point i like the birdseye but am open as i know wood type affects weight. Thanks
you can call if you like Monty 770-560-7988

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
This may sound weird but i am interested in getting a butt made that will fit my current shaft i play with a schon with one of the predator 314 originals and a kamui ss black but i want alighter cue than i can find in a schon. I know the shfts are heavy as they are laminated but i am looking for a finished complete weight of about 17 oz. pm me or give me a call if you can help basic 4 point i like the birdseye but am open as i know wood type affects weight. Thanks
you can call if you like Monty 770-560-7988

The pin you are looking for is 5 1/6-14, many cues are made using this pin, but if you are looking for something exactly like a Schon it should have a piloted joint also.

JIMO

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
I appreciate the offer Craig but im happy with my schon except the weight. Schon cues don't use a weight bolt that is an assembly bolt and the best you can do is switch it to aluminum to lighten and that doesnt make the kind of difference i am looking for. Thank you anyway

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
Sorry Craig that reply i posted was for the Schwartz he was offering to sell me his schon. Yes i am aware that i need a 5/16 14 piloted butt that is what i was looking to have made. I really like the original 314 shafts but not so crazy about the 314 shafts being made today. I am not referring to the 314 2nd generation even the new 314 first gens being made today are not the same as the originals so i want to continue to use my shaft but want to lighten my cue.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Gen-1 Predator shafts haven't been made in several years now.
So your statement of "even the new 314 first gens being made today" has gotten my attention.
Would you care to go into greater detail on these shafts?
Inquiring minds want to know.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pin you are looking for is 5 1/6-14, many cues are made using this pin, but if you are looking for something exactly like a Schon it should have a piloted joint also.

JIMO

FWIW - Schon pins are undersized - unless they've changed and forgot to tell me:)

You can't screw a Shon shaft on a 'real' 5/16 x 14 butt.

Disclaimer: your shaft may be 5/16 x 14, which will screw onto a
Schon butt, in which case - never mind.

IMHO - you should determine which it is first.

Dale<who once upon a time had to learn the hard way>

quadrary

Custom Leather Cue Cases
Silver Member
KJ Cues, yrs i kinow that but some people are still selling 314 shafts as well as 314 secong gen. but my shaft is a pre cat 314 and i play with it on my schon. That was reference to new 314s the ones with the cat logo. It may just be me but im not nearly as fond of the ones with the cat logo.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Unless I'm wrong which happens quite frequently, I have 2 Schons with the early style pin and the newer, I guess you would call it.
I also have a Pre Cat Predator shaft and it does fit both pins. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Terry = I'm always right, except when I'm wrong.