I can't seem to get this shot down

lets make sure youre using a pool cue first...sorry couldnt resist

digger,can you draw the cueball at will?how clean is your stroke?do you employ body english?i understand what danny is calling snap draw but is someone implying that it cant be hit smoothly?thats rediculous..wanna learn that shot?i dont ever need to see you hit a ball.put the cue ball and object ball one diamond off the side rail at the middle diamond of each end of the table(meaning parallel to the spots)shoot the ball in the pocket..now hit it lower with the same speed dont stop until the cueball is sliding all the way across the table to the other rail at some point you should be getting back and forth somewhere in the middle of the table.
come back when you get there..we all know you will either be drawing it all over the place or breaking windows good luck and dont forget its a cueball not a baseball...jk
 
Well I got home from work a few hours ago and the first thing I did was go online and check all of your posts and all of them helped greatly. The first thing I did was switch the cue I was using. I was using a cue with a harder tip when I was trying that shot at first. I switched to a medium tip and it seemed to make a huge difference. I started off with the CB a bit closer to the OB and practiced hitting it at about 7:30 nice and smooth. When I use a softer tip I am pretty good at drawing the cue ball around the table when needed. For some reason I thought you had to hit it even lower than I needed. I amed about 2" to the left of the top right pocket and started consistantly making the first OB and as I practiced I started to incorporate the little snap at the end of the stroke and that made a HUGE difference. I am now able to draw it over to the side and it comes back to the bottom rail in great position for that next ball on the rail.

I like this shot because it's a good way to get position on a shot that seems to come up for me a lot plus it's another way to get positon where you might not be able to another way.

That Corey shot is awesome!!! Again I can't thank you all enough for taking the time to help me with this.
 
I watched the video and as I waited to her Danny say it and he did. You have to snap draw the cue ball with lots of low left.. Hit it hard and sharp. If you don't the cue ball will just kill it self on the long rail.It has to start drawing back towards you after contact with the object ball.
If i had you on a table and could show you on to do it you would be doing it in a couple tries. Start out shooting this shot much closer to the object ball to get the feel and work the distance back away from the object ball a little at a time.[/QUOTEure

I'm not sure what you mean --- just for clarity. I thought cue speed was the only factor based on Dr. Dave's experiments. What do you mean by sharp and hard?

Also, does the "snap draw" do anything beside increase the cue speed?

A snap draw will start the cue ball coming back a little sooner on an angled shot as opposed to a full follow thru. I may not be explaining it right. I could show you,come to Denver !
 
Back
Top