I don’t like it

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could make an active choice not to let these things get to you so much. But I do get what you're saying, especially the 'woke PC' stuff is a horrendous development of recent years.
Also, what is WADA?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well today the tape measure came out, found why I HATE DIAMOND TABLES, our Gold Crowns have larger pocket by 3/4-7/8” then the our Diamonds.

Plus the rails are totally different amount if recall.

Sure some people will cry foul, I say Diamond’s still suck, total waist of money.

Stupit expenditure.
Say no more... You nailed it with your last sentence.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
You could make an active choice not to let these things get to you so much. But I do get what you're saying, especially the 'woke PC' stuff is a horrendous development of recent years.
Also, what is WADA?
WADA ya’ cryin’ about?

mrpiper

Registered
Ok here it goes. I can’t keep it bottled up any longer.

Where to start? Who knows so I’ll just fire out a list in no particular order:

Purple 5 ball

Shaws record-disputes

WADA

Was this a foul? Was that a foul? Let’s watch in instant replay.

Where’s Daz, where’s Gorst? Who else is missing?

Table specs & what’s a record and what isn’t.

This is reminding me of instant replay in football and is way to technical, which is why I ignore football or any other technical nonsense milk drinker sport.

I came into pool 40 years ago because it was rough around the edges, the 5 was orange and people weren’t under the microscope. If they had habits it was on them. It was every man for himself. It wasn’t perfect, it was broken then and that was ok.

People could hustle other people, obtaining money under false pretenses was celebrated not looked down on.

You wanted to learn you had to pay your dues. Now you can buy your dues(almost).

2 records in the same run? To make everyone happy. The rule nazi’s and the rest of the pool fans? How does that even make sense?

Champions who should be in tourneys are sidelined for saying “fuk” or what ever or because they are from the wrong country.

All the PC shit is worming it’s way into pool. Had I saw this coming, I’d have passed long ago. I’d have never been part of the pool world in any shape or form.

I miss guys like UJ Puckett, Grady, Keith, Cole, Bobby Pickle, etc. Broken people with personality’s and yet they made their way in life and were fun. I’m a broken person and I can’t make a ball compared to them. Not in the same league, but I’m fun and not a milk drinker. There were lots of non-pro people in pool who were personality’s. I don’t see new ones coming in and others leaving for these PC reasons.

I’m tired of the milk drinker robots, wrong color balls and constantly arguing over the pocket size just to have a record “modified” because maybe a ball was brushed ina exhibition. Shaw was cool and said what he had to about it-he’s smart, however what he thought and said I’d bet are 2 VERY different things. Think the guys listed above would have gave that answer 30 years ago? Shaw had no choice-again he’s smart.

It’s taking the seediness, smoky back room Allure that pool had for me. WADA? Gtfo of here!!!! Go to the Olympic’s not pool!!!!

If I disappear tmr from pool this is why, not many will notice. But I refuse to succumb to the current state of affairs.

🟧Fatboy🟧
If you don't settle down you will not get a participation trophy like all of your little friends so play nice FB 😆

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Purple 5 ball
Agreed. I'm not super traditionalist when it comes to ball colors but the 5B should be orange; hate the Aramith Black Set.
Shaws record-disputes
It is what it is. Remember Schmidt's 626? All the Mosconi fanboys were tearing it apart.
Good for pro pool, IMO and a stepping stone to getting pool into the Olympics (mainstream).
Technology, love it or hate it but it is a good tool to get the call right.
Rules and ethics. Without them, it's anarchy.
For the pro game, tables should be standardized from a single manufacturer.
This is reminding me of instant replay in football and is way to technical, which is why I ignore football or any other technical nonsense milk drinker sport.
Different strokes for different folks but you can't avoid technological progress.
I came into pool 40 years ago because it was rough around the edges, the 5 was orange and people weren’t under the microscope. If they had habits it was on them. It was every man for himself. It wasn’t perfect, it was broken then and that was ok.

People could hustle other people, obtaining money under false pretenses was celebrated not looked down on.

You wanted to learn you had to pay your dues. Now you can buy your dues(almost).
Pro pool needs to evolve away from this image. It's fine to romanticize about the past but that image of pool is not conducive to growth and attracting big money from corporate sponsors, which IMO would be commensurate with the skill level of the players. Even now with Matchroom injecting money into the sport, the earning levels do not line up with the dedication and hard work it takes to play at an SVB level.
2 records in the same run? To make everyone happy. The rule nazi’s and the rest of the pool fans? How does that even make sense?

Champions who should be in tourneys are sidelined for saying “fuk” or what ever or because they are from the wrong country.

All the PC shit is worming it’s way into pool. Had I saw this coming, I’d have passed long ago. I’d have never been part of the pool world in any shape or form.
IMO, nothing wrong with cleaning up the image and holding PROFESSIONALS accountable and to a standard.
I miss guys like UJ Puckett, Grady, Keith, Cole, Bobby Pickle, etc. Broken people with personality’s and yet they made their way in life and were fun. I’m a broken person and I can’t make a ball compared to them. Not in the same league, but I’m fun and not a milk drinker. There were lots of non-pro people in pool who were personality’s. I don’t see new ones coming in and others leaving for these PC reasons.
Again, cleaning up pool in an effort to make it more country club vs seedy smoke filled room. Most of the foreign players are more polished because it is a serious sport to them with countries allocating resources to the development of young talent. They are taught early on what it means to be a professional and how they should carry themselves to attract sponsors and fans.
I’m tired of the milk drinker robots, wrong color balls and constantly arguing over the pocket size just to have a record “modified” because maybe a ball was brushed ina exhibition. Shaw was cool and said what he had to about it-he’s smart, however what he thought and said I’d bet are 2 VERY different things. Think the guys listed above would have gave that answer 30 years ago? Shaw had no choice-again he’s smart.
Shaw is a professional and he acted like one. How do you think Efren would have reacted 30 years ago in the same situation? My guess would be in the same manner Shaw did. Shaw strikes me as a confident individual and I can only surmise he knows deep down he ran 714 balls without a hitch and capitalized off of it. That's good enough for him. My money is on him getting back at the table when schedule permits and running 1,000, effectively letting his cue do the talking.
It’s taking the seediness, smoky back room Allure that pool had for me. WADA? Gtfo of here!!!! Go to the Olympic’s not pool!!!!
Gotta remove that image to move forward. IMO, we will see pool in the Olympics within the next 10 years.
If I disappear tmr from pool this is why, not many will notice. But I refuse to succumb to the current state of affairs.

🟧Fatboy🟧
The future for pool is bright! Evolution of the game is happening and IMO, it's about time.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last couple of pool rooms I was in had-

Old ,ratty ,dirty tables and balls. Degenerates and old men. Guys woofing across the room- same old shit-you got 2 going to 6-i wanna 1 hole even- I give you weight,you gotta give me something like 9/7. You want to rob with out a gun. No you trying to rob me.

5 ball was orange,no replays,no magic racks.

Perhaps you guys haven't found the right "wrong" place lately. Pool like life has always had many levels/standards. They are still out there. Get off the www and go find them. Maybe get a tetanus shot first.

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next time you're in NW Georgia, do yourself a big favor and go to Kennesaw Billiards on Wade Green Rd and your faith in pool will be restored.

24 hours, smoking friendly, some nice tables, some not so nice. Darts. Music you would expect to hear. No one cares what you look like. It looks like it could undergo a major renovation but I hope they don't. every time I go, they're busy and I hope it stays that way.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. I'm not super traditionalist when it comes to ball colors but the 5B should be orange; hate the Aramith Black Set.

It is what it is. Remember Schmidt's 626? All the Mosconi fanboys were tearing it apart.

Good for pro pool, IMO and a stepping stone to getting pool into the Olympics (mainstream).

Technology, love it or hate it but it is a good tool to get the call right.

Rules and ethics. Without them, it's anarchy.

For the pro game, tables should be standardized from a single manufacturer.

Different strokes for different folks but you can't avoid technological progress.

Pro pool needs to evolve away from this image. It's fine to romanticize about the past but that image of pool is not conducive to growth and attracting big money from corporate sponsors, which IMO would be commensurate with the skill level of the players. Even now with Matchroom injecting money into the sport, the earning levels do not line up with the dedication and hard work it takes to play at an SVB level.

IMO, nothing wrong with cleaning up the image and holding PROFESSIONALS accountable and to a standard.

Again, cleaning up pool in an effort to make it more country club vs seedy smoke filled room. Most of the foreign players are more polished because it is a serious sport to them with countries allocating resources to the development of young talent. They are taught early on what it means to be a professional and how they should carry themselves to attract sponsors and fans.

Shaw is a professional and he acted like one. How do you think Efren would have reacted 30 years ago in the same situation? My guess would be in the same manner Shaw did. Shaw strikes me as a confident individual and I can only surmise he knows deep down he ran 714 balls without a hitch and capitalized off of it. That's good enough for him. My money is on him getting back at the table when schedule permits and running 1,000, effectively letting his cue do the talking.

Gotta remove that image to move forward. IMO, we will see pool in the Olympics within the next 10 years.

The future for pool is bright! Evolution of the game is happening and IMO, it's about time.
You raise some valid points.

I still don’t like them much, I don’t have time right now to what you said point by point. I will-I have a plane to catch(seriously) I’ll have time possibly tonight to reply properly to your post.

Briefly each of those points for the most part are not black or white / heads or tails type of points and the answers or ideas you put forth are somewhat correct. The purple 5 isn’t one of those “spectrum” type questions. It’s binary true or false.

Shaw said what he had to-Efren would have as well. I respect them both, Shaw is 200% in my book. What happened to him is what pisses me off. I’ll elaborate later-I really do have to get to the airport.

Best
Fatboy

PS: very good post you made, thoughtful and great content. Fatboy Approved! I respect the time and effort you put in to it. It deserves a good reply. 😃

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You raise some valid points.

I still don’t like them much, I don’t have time right now to what you said point by point. I will-I have a plane to catch(seriously) I’ll have time possibly tonight to reply properly to your post.

Briefly each of those points for the most part are not black or white / heads or tails type of points and the answers or ideas you put forth are somewhat correct. The purple 5 isn’t one of those “spectrum” type questions. It’s binary true or false.

Shaw said what he had to-Efren would have as well. I respect them both, Shaw is 200% in my book. What happened to him is what pisses me off. I’ll elaborate later-I really do have to get to the airport.

Best
Fatboy

PS: very good post you made, thoughtful and great content. Fatboy Approved! I respect the time and effort you put in to it. It deserves a good reply. 😃
Thank you, sir. I look forward to continuing the discussion.

Godspeed.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Purple 5 ball

Shaws record-disputes

WADA

🟧Fatboy🟧
Pickle was entertaining. And supremely stupid. Currently locked up for a home invasion/robbery where he and two friends impersonated cops. Not the sharpest tool in the box. He's in Atwater in Calif. if you want to go see him. Release date is in '28.