I got hit by an air-barrel!

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Yesterday I was in a bar with 2 pooltables, and the rules are winner stays on the table, the game is 8-ball last pocket.

I knew some of the guys at the bar, most of them from the poolhalls and tournaments.

One guy I have played some ringgame with earlier were there too, and when it was his time to play on the table I was the winner. It's normal to play for beer, but he wanted to play for 200 (200 NOK = $ 30), one game of 8-ball. I am a lot better than him, so of course I said yes.

Well, the game became a battle on the 8-ball, and in the end he won the game with a two rail bankshot, and I handed him the 200. Since no one waited to play I asked him if he wanted to play again. He immidiately said yes, and when I put the coin in the table to get the balls, he went to the bar to buy himself another beer.

In the next rack he broke dry, and I ran out.

I then asked for the money, and he said: "I don't have money".

ehh.... what the fu**? I just gave him 200, right?

"We just played for 200, I gave you 200 3 minutes ago. Give it back to me"

"I bought a beer, so I don't have as much as 200 on me now"

Well, it appeared he had no money on him, and he figured out he could owe me the money if he had lost the first game. For him it was a free shot of getting some more drinking money for the evening.

What's wrong with some people??

I just laughed at him and told him that I didn't care, he could pay me next time we met, and I finished by saying that I felt pity for him.


Btw: This guy had the quote of the week that evening too. He's very thin, except his belly which is very big. An Englishman walked by and hit him softly in the belly and said "what's up with the big belly", and this guy quickly replied:

"Everytime I sleep with your mother she hands me a cookie"

The face of the Englishman was priceless :D
 
You are right Roy, some people are effed up. I think that line should be worth the 200 though. I may have to steal that one.
 
I agree, that line mighta been worth $30....lol. I've had this same situation happen to me before. Competitor wins, gets a pitcher and a pizza, and I win...oops, spent it on the beer and food. As long as they're good for it, I blow it off, and half of the time forget all about it until they hand me the money (sometimes weeks later).
 
LOL, I like the cookie comment....

Even if it was just $30, and even with friends, I would expect a buddy to let me know that he would pay me later BEFORE we played the game...not that it's a big deal, but still, air barrels should be announced up front :D
 
Sweet Marissa said:
Should have taken the balance and have him owe you a beer! :D


Done the same. That way you would have only been out a few instead of $200.
 
Sweet Marissa said:
By the way, what does "200 NOK = $30" mean?

200 Norwegian Kroner = 30 US Dollar

Big Perm said:
LOL, I like the cookie comment....

Even if it was just $30, and even with friends, I would expect a buddy to let me know that he would pay me later BEFORE we played the game...not that it's a big deal, but still, air barrels should be announced up front :D

That's what I told him too. I would accept an air barrel from him without making a deal out of it as long he announced it :D

watchez said:
Did the guy you played look like Bonnie Plowman?

No, without the belly he would look normal ;)
 
watchez said:
It means that Roy is from Norway and 200 NOK in his country is about the same as $30 US.
Ah, I did not know he was from Norway. I don't pay attention to posters' locations :o Thanks!
 
Back
Top