i want to thank ob1 and you people out there

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thank you to ob1 customers .you are supporting a company that is not turning a profit and i want to let you know why.they are sponsoring the fast eddies ladies tour,sponsoring me,they have tons of costs from there high tech factory in dallas.all this while being a new company .now instead of raising their prices and sticking it to the customer they instead sell the best shaft on the market at a lower price than the other leading companies they sponsor tours, tourneys, and me.so everyone i see with an ob cue i want to thank you because your buying from people who support the game,tours and pro players.your also buying completely american.they are introducing their new cueline at valley forge.they have 4 new cues ranging from i believe 440-750 and they are great looking and play perfect.i going to be frank with you people.sometimes i hear well yeah they are paying john thats why he uses an ob cue.heres the deal, im not getting enough money from them to throw my game in the trash and trade the cue i used for 10 years and won the usopen with if i could not look you in the eye and say i love my ob1 ,it plays better and easier .in closing im proud and thrilled to be with ob1 and use their cue . looking forward to meeting you out there at theob1 booth .ill be there with royce, don,john, come up and say hi.
 
OBCUES.com & John Schmidt

john schmidt said:
thank you to ob1 customers .you are supporting a company that is not turning a profit and i want to let you know why.they are sponsoring the fast eddies ladies tour,sponsoring me,they have tons of costs from there high tech factory in dallas.all this while being a new company .now instead of raising their prices and sticking it to the customer they instead sell the best shaft on the market at a lower price than the other leading companies they sponsor tours, tourneys, and me.so everyone i see with an ob cue i want to thank you because your buying from people who support the game,tours and pro players.your also buying completely american.they are introducing their new cueline at valley forge.they have 4 new cues ranging from i believe 440-750 and they are great looking and play perfect.i going to be frank with you people.sometimes i hear well yeah they are paying john thats why he uses an ob cue.heres the deal, im not getting enough money from them to throw my game in the trash and trade the cue i used for 10 years and won the usopen with if i could not look you in the eye and say i love my ob1 ,it plays better and easier .in closing im proud and thrilled to be with ob1 and use their cue . looking forward to meeting you out there at theob1 booth .ill be there with royce, don,john, come up and say hi.


John, it's always nice to see how you present yourself in this forum, in person privately and at pool events. www.obcues.com made a smart move in sponsoring you. You are a class act and a credit to the pool industry.

It is marvelous that a United States billiard equipment manufacturer (like OBCUES) chooses to invest their money into supporting pool. I hope they are rewarded well for their chosen path.

OBCUES could very well be the cue company of the future. I wish them and you much success.

Congratulations on your recent tournament win in Fort Walton Beach, Florida against a nice strong field of competitors. Looking forward to your continued successes.

JoeyA
 
Another Player Sold On OB-1

Thank you to Jon Allen from OB-1!

I received my new OB-1 yesterday and I am very impressed with the quality, design, and hit of this shaft. I would like to personally thank John Schmidt for insisting that I try out this great new shaft. I shot with it for the first time last night and I am definitely pleased. If anybody has any doubt about what John is saying about this shaft, just try one out. You won't regret it.
 
I heard Royce used to make great cues before focusing on the OB-1. I'd be very excited to see what he rolls out with at Valley Forge.
 
nice post john and it's good to hear about what they are doing for pool. Can't wait to see their new line.
 
john schmidt said:
thank you to ob1 customers .you are supporting a company that is not turning a profit and i want to let you know why.they are sponsoring the fast eddies ladies tour,sponsoring me,they have tons of costs from there high tech factory in dallas.all this while being a new company .now instead of raising their prices and sticking it to the customer they instead sell the best shaft on the market at a lower price than the other leading companies they sponsor tours, tourneys, and me.so everyone i see with an ob cue i want to thank you because your buying from people who support the game,tours and pro players.your also buying completely american.they are introducing their new cueline at valley forge.they have 4 new cues ranging from i believe 440-750 and they are great looking and play perfect.i going to be frank with you people.sometimes i hear well yeah they are paying john thats why he uses an ob cue.heres the deal, im not getting enough money from them to throw my game in the trash and trade the cue i used for 10 years and won the usopen with if i could not look you in the eye and say i love my ob1 ,it plays better and easier .in closing im proud and thrilled to be with ob1 and use their cue . looking forward to meeting you out there at theob1 booth .ill be there with royce, don,john, come up and say hi.
We have had some discussion before mostly involving snooker but I gotta tell you I take anything you say regarding pool as gospel and as SBE is my local tourney (I live a mile from the venue) I will make sure to say hi at the booth and see if you can get me to buy one of their cues ( it won't be hard as I am curious already). Best of luck in all your future events as I think you are a credit to the game and fans like us are always happy to see guys like you win.
 
John? If you read this? A request. How about a pic, full side view, of your entire body, lined up for a shot. It should be archived here...as an example of a classic stance. (edit) For women? Allison Fisher. Both of you are great shooting platforms/benches...
 
Thank you John for all you do for the game as well.

I bought an OB-1 a while back and was very pleased with it. Then I had the tip come off and it took the carbon fiber pad with it. I also noticed the core of the shaft seemed to be off center. I couldn't find the tip and had some concerns so I contacted Jon Allen at OB-1. He offered to send me some pads or if I sent the shaft to him he would look at it and either fix it or replace it.

I shipped it UPS and had a nightmare of an experience with them. The package arrived with one end open and the shaft was gone. I was obviously very upset, so I emailed and phoned UPS and Jon at OB-1. Here is where I learned the difference beween poor and great customer service. UPS was a head ache to deal with but OB-1 was awesome. Jon emailed and phone around on my behalf and kept in contact with me the whole time.

In the end I ended up with no shaft and UPS paying me about 2/3 of the value(although I havent seen a penny yet). In response Jon did his best to see to it that I could get a replacement at a very fair price.

Every step of the way Jon Allen at OB-1 went above and beyond what was expected. Not only do they make a great product and work toward improving pool in America, they also have truly excellent customer service. This is what puts them head and shoulders above most others out there.

Thanks again Mr.Allen and thanks to John Schmidt for your honest input as well. Best wishes to you both.
 
djkx1 said:
Thank you John for all you do for the game as well.

I bought an OB-1 a while back and was very pleased with it. Then I had the tip come off and it took the carbon fiber pad with it. I also noticed the core of the shaft seemed to be off center. I couldn't find the tip and had some concerns so I contacted Jon Allen at OB-1. He offered to send me some pads or if I sent the shaft to him he would look at it and either fix it or replace it.

I shipped it UPS and had a nightmare of an experience with them. The package arrived with one end open and the shaft was gone. I was obviously very upset, so I emailed and phoned UPS and Jon at OB-1. Here is where I learned the difference beween poor and great customer service. UPS was a head ache to deal with but OB-1 was awesome. Jon emailed and phone around on my behalf and kept in contact with me the whole time.

In the end I ended up with no shaft and UPS paying me about 2/3 of the value(although I havent seen a penny yet). In response Jon did his best to see to it that I could get a replacement at a very fair price.

Every step of the way Jon Allen at OB-1 went above and beyond what was expected. Not only do they make a great product and work toward improving pool in America, they also have truly excellent customer service. This is what puts them head and shoulders above most others out there.

Thanks again Mr.Allen and thanks to John Schmidt for your honest input as well. Best wishes to you both.
I totally agree. My experience with them, through JoeyInCali, could not have been better. Refreshing.
 
Thanks John for your post, I met you in Louisville, KY and you are indeed a class act. When Jon and Royce came to Louisville for the Q Nationals, they came to our store to introduce their products. I had seen them in magazines and I was already curious. We have been a Predator dealer for years and I was skeptical that this shaft would be as good, but to make a long story short, we became a dealer for them and now stock their entire line of shafts. We should be in line to receive some of their initial cues when they introduce them this year (I hope we're still in line...). I'm looking forward to seeing them when they come out.

Jon and Royce also came out to the Louisville Billiard Club and on a very busy league night, offered to let anyone in the bar shoot with one of their shafts just to try them out. They had a couple shafts on some Carolina Custom butts that looked pretty good as well. We even got to drag Royce into a couple of bumper pool games. There's nothing like getting a good pool player on a bumper table and teaching them a lesson or two...

These guys were great to meet and they told us straight up as a dealer that they would always go out of their way to take care of any customer's concerns. We have had few concerns but they have been great to work with.

If you get a chance, find a local stocking dealer and try out a demo shaft. Most dealers have 3-4 shafts to fit some of the popular cues (uni-loc, 5/16x18, Radial, and 3/8x10 usuallly). They should also have a cutaway shaft so you can see how they're madeon the inside, including that interesting looking ferrule. These shafts no only play well, they are a work of art. I wish them the best.
 
I know that you are not doing it because they are sponsoring you.

john schmidt said:
thank you to ob1 customers .you are supporting a company that is not turning a profit and i want to let you know why.they are sponsoring the fast eddies ladies tour,sponsoring me,they have tons of costs from there high tech factory in dallas.all this while being a new company .now instead of raising their prices and sticking it to the customer they instead sell the best shaft on the market at a lower price than the other leading companies they sponsor tours, tourneys, and me.so everyone i see with an ob cue i want to thank you because your buying from people who support the game,tours and pro players.your also buying completely american.they are introducing their new cueline at valley forge.they have 4 new cues ranging from i believe 440-750 and they are great looking and play perfect.i going to be frank with you people.sometimes i hear well yeah they are paying john thats why he uses an ob cue.heres the deal, im not getting enough money from them to throw my game in the trash and trade the cue i used for 10 years and won the usopen with if i could not look you in the eye and say i love my ob1 ,it plays better and easier .in closing im proud and thrilled to be with ob1 and use their cue . looking forward to meeting you out there at theob1 booth .ill be there with royce, don,john, come up and say hi.

John, unlike many pro players with sponsorships, I believe you when you say you are not doing it because they are paying you. Not that I wouldn't believe other players if they said that either,( I don't want to piss off a bunch of other sponsored players here) :). I have it on good authority that you don't use BHE english, in fact I and another player and poster were just talking about that today and how we think that that may be one of the contributing factors to you being one of the best 14.1 players alive today. Not that BHE prevents accuracy, but rather I was stating that JAy Swanson was probably an influence on your play and that he would often say "find center ball" when asked how to play so well. I think that many players, myself included, would be better off in many ways if they did focus on finding center ball and using natural shape more often. I think that for those players who have determined that they are better off staying away from BHE that the OB1 is probably the best of the shaft marketing segment and I've had a chance to hit some with an OB1 and have to say that I did like the hit. I have a 314 that I have modified and use as a break cue and I would have to say that I liked the hit of the OB1 a little better than the 314. It's a good shaft and I'm glad that they chose to sponsor a stand out and stand up player like yourself, they can't go wrong with you.

I know that many posters may have taken my posts in the thread on is it detroying our stroke to mean that I don't like the low deflection shaft tech and I would like to reiterate here that that is not what I meant by my posts there. I do think that there is something to be gained from any new technology so long as it doesn't over shadow other knowledge. I don't want to say anything esle in regards to that because I don't want to hijack your thread....

P.S. I'm still up for those cheap sets straight up the next time you're in Cali or in a place where I am John.... :)
 
Now this is the kind of professional player that companies want to sponsor.

Congratulations to John Schmidt and OB1 on a great partnership!!!!
 
recreational banger...

pwd72s said:
John? If you read this? A request. How about a pic, full side view, of your entire body, lined up for a shot. It should be archived here...as an example of a classic stance. (edit) For women? Allison Fisher. Both of you are great shooting platforms/benches...
"recreational banger" I like that. Maybe because it describes me as well! Lol. Damn and it's catchy too. I need one like that. PM me with ideas if ya got any. Thanks. Vince

Got this from another thread, but it's the perfect stance you were talking about.
John Schmidt.jpg
 
Thank you to OB-1

I just want to say i have met john schmidt and in truth hes probably the best player / representative a company could ask for as many of you can attest. I only got the chance to play with him once or twice at a tournament in my local pool room in ny but the wealth of knowledge he was willing to share was incredible. I have recently picked up an ob-1 shaft for my joss cue and have to say that it has changed my game. Now i know that its the player not the cue but in my case i cant wait to go to valley forge and pick me up an ob-1 cue.

Ps. John if you have any pics of these cues please send em my way.
 
ladies hunter tour not fast eddies

john schmidt said:
thank you to ob1 customers .you are supporting a company that is not turning a profit and i want to let you know why.they are sponsoring the fast eddies ladies tour,sponsoring me,they have tons of costs from there high tech factory in dallas.all this while being a new company .now instead of raising their prices and sticking it to the customer they instead sell the best shaft on the market at a lower price than the other leading companies they sponsor tours, tourneys, and me.so everyone i see with an ob cue i want to thank you because your buying from people who support the game,tours and pro players.your also buying completely american.they are introducing their new cueline at valley forge.they have 4 new cues ranging from i believe 440-750 and they are great looking and play perfect.i going to be frank with you people.sometimes i hear well yeah they are paying john thats why he uses an ob cue.heres the deal, im not getting enough money from them to throw my game in the trash and trade the cue i used for 10 years and won the usopen with if i could not look you in the eye and say i love my ob1 ,it plays better and easier .in closing im proud and thrilled to be with ob1 and use their cue . looking forward to meeting you out there at theob1 booth .ill be there with royce, don,john, come up and say hi.
i think they are sponsoring the old hunter ladies tour its now going to be the ob1 ladies tour.sorry about that .
 
Thanks Vince...that's exactly what I meant. Man..if only I could have a stance like that... Well, I'd be 40 years younger! :D
 
pwd72s said:
Thanks Vince...that's exactly what I meant. Man..if only I could have a stance like that... Well, I'd be 40 years younger! :D
No problem. Yeah me too, I wish I was ten years younger! If only there was some way to turn back the clock, lol.

You know I just noticed something. Look how tight those pockets are! :eek: That guy's gotta be good!
 
Back
Top