I wish it was September already...

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World Pool Masters -- Sept. 3-5

Party_Poker_World_Pool_Masters-300x109.jpg

There are a total of 16 world-class players contesting one of pool’s longest standing
invitational events which carries a first prize of $20,000 from the total prize fund of $66,000.

Here's the scheduled matches (Manila time), with the first match at 12 noon local time, or 9 pm Pacific/12 midnight Eastern.

Dennis Orcullo (Phi) vs. Tony Drago (Mlt) 1200 noon Saturday 3rd
Chang Jung-lin (Tpe) vs. Shane Van Boening (USA) 1300 Saturday 3rd
—————————————————————-
Chris Melling (Eng) vs. Fu Jianbo (Chn) 1500 Saturday 3rd
Francisco Bustamante (Phi) vs. Jason Klatt (Can) 1600 Saturday 3rd
—————————————————————-
Huidji See (Ned) vs. Lee Vann Corteza (Phi) 1900 Saturday 3rd
Ralf Souquet (Ger) vs. Mika Immonen (Fin) 1200 noon Sunday 4th
—————————————————————-
Darren Appleton (Eng) vs. Efren Reyes (Phi) 1300 Sunday 4th
Yukio Akagariyama (Jpn) vs. Raj Hundal (Ind) 1800 Saturday 3rd

The quarter-finals follow on Sunday afternoon and evening at 1500 and 1800 while the
semi-finals take place at 1500 on Monday afternoon and the final is at 1900 on Monday evening.

The format is race-to-8, winner breaks, and all matches will be televised live throughout on Solar Sports in the Philippines. Matchroom Sport TV will subsequently produce 15 x 1 hour highlight shows for global distribution.

Last edited:

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2011 World Cup Of Pool -- Sept. 6-11

wcop2009_logo.jpg

With the PartyPoker.net World Cup of Pool returning to the Philippines for the third consecutive year, all of the two-player teams are now in place.

Now in its sixth year and carrying a $250,000 prize fund, the World Cup of Pool is firmly established as the number one team event in world pool. This year it takes place at the Block Atrium, SM City North EDSA Mall in Metro Manila, Philippines from Tuesday, September 6 to Sunday, September 11.

There are a total of 32 teams competing with 31 nations represented - host nation the Philippines are allowed two sides in the event. Defending champions China - Fu Jianbo and Li Hewen - will be back to try and make it three wins in five years.

This year's teams are:

EUROPE (15)

Austria - Jasmin Ouschan & Mario He
Croatia - Carlo Dalmatin & Ivica Putnik or Philipp Stojanovic
England - Darren Appleton & Chris Melling
Estonia - Dennis Grabe & Erki Erm
Finland - Mika Immonen & Petri Makkonen
France - Stephan Cohen & Vincent Facquet
Germany - Ralf Souquet & Thorsten Hohmann
Holland - Huidji See & Marco Teutscher
Italy - Fabio Petroni & Bruno Muratore
Malta - Tony Drago & Alex Borg
Poland - Karol Skowerski & Radoslaw Babica
Russia - Konstantin Stepanov & Ruslan Chinakhov
Spain - David Alcaide & Francisco Diaz-Pizarro
Sweden - Marcus Chamat & Thomas Mehtala
Switzerland - Dimitri Jungo & Ronni Regli

ASIA (13)

China - Li Hewen & Fu Jianbo
Hong Kong - Lee Chenman & Kenny Kwok
India - Raj Hundal & Amar Kang
Indonesia - Irsal Nasution & Riyan Setiawan
Japan - Yukio Akagariyama & Lo Li-wen
Korea - Lee Gun Jae & Hwang Yong
Malaysia - Ibrahim Amir & Patrick Ooi
Philippines A - Dennis Orcullo & Ronnie Alcano
Philippines B - Efren Reyes & Francisco Bustamante
Singapore - Bernard Tey & Chan Keng Kwang
Taiwan - Ko Pin-yi & Ko Ping-chun
Thailand - Nitiwat Kanjanasri & Kobkit Palajin
Vietnam - Nguyen Phuc Long & Luong Chi Dung

REST OF THE WORLD (4)

Australia - Greg Jenkins & David Rothall
Canada - Jason Klatt & John Morra
Kuwait - Khaled Al Mutaira & Omar Al Shaheen
USA - Corey Deuel & Mike Dechaine

PRIZE FUND (per pair)

Champions - $60,000
Runners-Up - $30,000
Semi-Finalists - $16,000 (x2)
Quarter-Finalists - $10,000 (x4)
Last 16 Losers - $5,000 (x8)
First Round Losers - 3,000 (x16)

TOTAL - US$250,000

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! What a field of players. See you in ----------> September! :thumbup:

That lead guy looks just like Jimmy Mataya!

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
predator10ballopen095.jpg

Registration is still open for this one! The tournament starts on Sept. 14 and
ends Sept. 18. Three big tournaments in one place! A pool player's haven indeed!

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! What a field of players. See you in ----------> September! :thumbup:

That lead guy looks just like Jimmy Mataya!

Jen, I wish I have the time AND THE MONEY to take a 3 week vacation. Hard times hit me so hard and can't even have an R&R one in a while...
1393.gif

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jen, I wish I have the time AND THE MONEY to take a 3 week vacation. Hard times hit me so hard and can't even have an R&R one in a while...
1393.gif

I'm in the same boat. I am literally working every single day of the week, trying to get ahead of the storm I see coming. I can't afford a vacation at this time, mainly because I might need that money to keep a roof over my head. :(

It's fun, though, to experience the pool events vicariously through those in attendance. I love it when we all sweat the tournaments together online, rooting for our horses to win. :D

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in the same boat. I am literally working every single day of the week, trying to get ahead of the storm I see coming. I can't afford a vacation at this time, mainly because I might need that money to keep a roof over my head. :(

It's fun, though, to experience the pool events vicariously through those in attendance. I love it when we all sweat the tournaments together online, rooting for our horses to win. :D

We always have the very reliable friend of everyone, Jay Helfert to take us there, through his
travelogues, the saving grace for all the broke and almost down and out pool enthusiasts like you me!
606.gif

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was fortunate to be there during those tournaments last year. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. :(

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was fortunate to be there during those tournaments last year. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. :(

I've migrated 8 years ago, never been back since. I'm still trying to save up, so far I can only afford to send a luggage...

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reyes and Bustamante Gunning For Third Victory

worldcup012808.jpg

(Reyes and Bustamante in 09)

With the 2011 PartyPoker.net World Cup of Pool set for 6-11 September in Manila, local heroes Efren Reyes
and Francisco Bustamante are confident of taking down pool’s most coveted team title for the third time.

Winners of the inaugural event in Newport, Wales in 2006, the veteran Filipino legends added to that in Manila
in 2009, when they defeated the German pair of Ralf Souquet and Thorsten Hohmann in what was described
as one of the greatest pool finals ever.

Sporting a combined age of 103 years, the pair will be the oldest in the competition, but not many will be betting against them.

“We still have some gas left in the tank,” said Bustamante. “The problem is when one of us misses a shot, our arthritis acts up,” he joked.

“It was only two years ago when we won this title, and if we get on a roll I’m sure anything is possible for us,” he added.

Reyes revealed that the pair was still trying as hard as ever; “We can still win even if we’re older than the competition because we’ve been practicing for the event.”

“The crowd here are a big help. When we won two years ago they made all the difference to us.”

The event, which features 32 two-player teams from 31 nations, returns to the SM Mall North on EDSA and carries a $250,000 prize fund.

Being the host nation, there are two Filipino teams in the event, with the other made up of the highly dangerous duo of World No.1 Dennis Orcollo and 2006 World Champion Ronnie Alcano.

“China is still the team to beat because they are the defending champions but Chinese Taipei, Germany, and England are also strong,” said Orcollo.

“Losing to China in last year’s final was a massive disappointment but we are hoping to go one better this time.”

The World Cup of Pool will be aired live in the Philippines on Solar Sports from September 6 to 11. Matchroom Sport will also produce 31 x one-hour highlights programmes, which will be broadcast around the world.

LINK: http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=9114

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yalin Tables & Top Pros at The 11th Predator Championships

2011Predator10Ball.jpg

Manila, Philippines - Yalin Tables will be the official table at the Predator International Championships. The long running event is in its 11th year and the field is filling up fast with top notch pro talent. Predator's premiere event is produced by Dragon Promotions and will take place September 15 - 18, 2011 at Robinson's Galleria Mall in Manila, Philippines. The event is co-sponsored by Andy Cloth, Pool & Billiard Magazine, Aramith Balls, Robinson's Galleria, Magic 89.9 Radio, Philippines Star Newspaper, and network partners ABS-CBN and ESPN Star Sports.

Some of the notable names joining include Finland's Mika Immonen (2002 Winner), Filipino Dennis Orcullo (2009 Winner), Recent Poison DP Classic Champ Charlie Williams of the United States, Reigning US Open 9-Ball Champion Darren Appleton of England with his pal China Open Champion Chris Melling, France's 2009 World Tournament of 14.1 Champ Stefan Cohen, Duo World 8-Ball & 9-Ball Champion Wu Chia Ching, and many more.

"The Predator International Championship is one of the premier events in the international pool scene. It is one of the few tournaments that have been ongoing for over 10 years. Yalin is very pleased to be associated with Predator as well as continue our ongoing great relationship with Dragon Promotions", says Eric Ding, President of Yalin Billiards.

Over 30 countries are estimated to be represented at this year's event including Germany, India, Sweden, China, England, Japan, Vietnam, Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Australia, Finland, Hong Kong, Norway, Mexico, Canada, Curacao, Venezuela, Spain, Portugal, Russia, Austria, Hungary, Netherlands, Italy, Malta, and the USA. World class pros from across the globe who will make their way to the Far East. The event will take place over four days and will air live on ABS-CBN and re-broadcasted on ESPN Star Sports.

"Yalin Tables are truly excellent. We used them at The Yalin Women's World 10-Ball Championship and the women professional players loved them. We never had one complaint. The tables played smooth and looked beautiful on television. And now at the Predator International Championship, the men pros will get to experience Yalin's great craftsmanship", remarked Cindy Lee, CEO of Dragon Promotions.

LINK: http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=9115

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2011 PartyPoker.net World Cup of Pool

Reyes and Bustamante face Kuwait pair at the start of World Cup Of Pool

busta.and.efren.330w.jpg

Getting underway on Tuesday 6th September, the PartyPoker.net World Cup of Pool sees 32 two-player teams representing 31 countries competing for a $250,000 prize-fund and the most prestigious team prize in pool.

Now into its sixth year, the World Cup of Pool takes place at the Block Atrium, SM City North EDSA Mall in Metro Manila, Philippines and Matchroom Sport can announce the first round matches and the draw.

Televised in its entirety and broadcast live by Solar Sports, the defending champions China face European qualifiers Switzerland in their opening match.

Not quite the pushover it may have seemed; Swiss cueist Dimitri Jungo won the German Open on the Eurotour at the weekend and is a former WPA World Junior Champion. He will be partnered by Swiss/Pinoy Ronni Regli who will be bringing an army of friends and family.

Local hopes Philippines B - Efren Reyes and Francisco Bustamante, former two-time winners of this event, - look to have a comfortable first round outing as they face World Cup debutants Kuwait.

Philippines A countrymen Ronnie Alcano and World No.1 Dennis Orcullo have a trickier task as they go in against the Austrian pair of Jasmin Ouschan and young hot shot Mario He.

Elsewhere, the powerful English duo of Darren Appleton, a World Ten Ball winner in Manila in 2008, take on European minnows Estonia, who are making their first World Cup appearance.

There is plenty of scope for shocks over the first three days as the 16 first round matches unfold as some of pool’s lesser lights from around the world get the chance to show what they’re made of on the big stage.

SOURCE:
http://philboxing.com/news/story-59282.html

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2011 World Pool Masters

Complete Day 1 results... Round of 16:

0,,12660~5665650,00.jpg
0,,12660~5662766,00.jpg

Dennis Orcullo (PHI) - 8, Tony Drago (MLT) - 2

0,,12660~9892647,00.jpg
0,,12660~5665658,00.jpg

Chang Jung-Lin (TPE) - 8, Shane Van Boening (USA) - 3

0,,12660~5665637,00.jpg
0,,12660~9737225,00.jpg

Fu Jianbo (CHN) - 8, Chris Melling (ENG) - 4

0,,12660~5665639,00.jpg
0,,12660~9892586,00.jpg

Raj Hundal (IND)- 8, Yukio Akagariyama (JPN) - 3

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
0,,12660~9892602,00.jpg
0,,12660~8795168,00.jpg

Jason Klatt (CAN) - 8, Francisco Bustamante - 4

0,,12660~8794770,00.jpg
0,,12660~9684821,00.jpg

Lee Vann Corteza (PHI) - 8, Huidji See (HOL) - 7

0,,12660~5873647,00.jpg
0,,12660~7060644,00.jpg

Darren Appleton (ENG) - 8, Efren Reyes (PHI) - 5

0,,12660~5665656,00.jpg
0,,12660~5665643,00.jpg

Ralf Souquet (GER) - 8, Mika Immonen (FIN) - 7

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any live stream available for this tournament?

I've been searching since yesterday, no such luck. It's probably because Solar Sports is only available on cable there, not your regular TV station were you can watch for free. I've read somewhere that IBC 13, one of the Philippines major TV station, will air the semis and finals tomorrow, live. We might still be able to catch a glimpse of the action still, hopefully.

Quarterfinal results so far:

Dennis Orcullo massacred Chang Jung-Lin, 8 games to 1.

Fu Jian-Bo eliminated Jason Klatt, 8 games to 5.

Ralf Souquet is leading Lee Vann Corteza by a game as we speak, 3 games to 2...

http://www.matchroompool.com/page/WorldPoolMasters/News/0,,12660,00.html

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2011 World Pool Masters

Quarterfinal results:

0,,12660~5665650,00.jpg
0,,12660~9892647,00.jpg

Dennis Orcullo (PHI) - 8, Chang Jung-Lin (TPE) - 1

0,,12660~5665637,00.jpg
0,,12660~9892602,00.jpg

Fu Jian-Bo (CHN) - 8, Jason Klatt (CAN) - 5