I Would love to see Eddie Robin Excerpt!!!

billiardshot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I Would love to see Eddie Robin Excerpt or Diagrams from his 3Cushion Book publish each month on USBA Instruction section or on their NonMember Forum. Even in ProfessorQBall Magazine. But with Eddie Robin permission. Any other like to see this??

gtd.jpg
 
Last edited:
I have seen many carom books, including systems, diagram....
None of the books talk about how to realize a shot including Stroke, Bridge, English and of course SPEED!
May be I am asking too much! But diagram never gonna lead to improve the game.

For example , if you watched Torbjorn BLOMDAHL playing,we are not going to execute one of his shots!!!,
May be I am still beginner but we need MORE INSTRUCTORS in the united states like they do in EUROPE! simply BILLIARD ACADEMY.
cheers!
 
Last edited:
I can address all these concerns!

Fox;
I can assure you, that I can instruct you or anyone in the proper Aim, Stroke, Speed, Tempo, Object ball hit, and Position on a variety of shots that occur in a game of 3 Cushion Billiards.

The basis for this is to teach the CORRECT CONCEPT of the game from the very start, student's improvement will rely on his or her's natural talant, good sound Basic Fundamentals, Structured Practice, and Patience. The most important aspect is Proper Technique!

Watching World Class players is excellent for it's enjoyment, tyring to learn from a video of two top players playing a game is very difficult if you're not a top player yourself. First of all, the best players are generally playing shots differently than the average player, and if they do play the same shot you agree with, they usually hit it differently then most for position or safety. In this kind od video you can't see the technique thats applied or tempo for all these parts of a shot to work properly.

That's why I'm working on a DVD and Book that will try to explain all ingredients to the shots in the simplest form.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
Last edited:
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

I am from LA, where are you located?
I will definitely need a copy of the book and the dvd,
But if you ever come to LA , let me know so i can take some lessons.
 
Last edited:
Fox; I live in Cocoa Beach, FL., I have many friends in the LA area, where do you play?
By the way, I just started writing istructional articles for On The Break News Magazine, the October issue is the first one. You can on go to the online version, just type in the title of mag.
 
Last edited:
I play all over the places, house of billiard, korea town,and the eight ball.
 
I play all over the places, house of billiard, korea town,and the eight ball.

Sorry this will be off topic,

Mr. Fox do you live in west LA, and originally from Switzerland, own a Helmstetter cue and have an interest in Horse races?

Dean
 
Any chance of getting him to publish some of the stuff from the books he wasn't ever able to print?
 
Waiting impatiently sort of!!!

Fox;
I can assure you, that I can instruct you or anyone in the proper Aim, Stroke, Speed, Tempo, Object ball hit, and Position on a variety of shots that occur in a game of 3 Cushion Billiards.

The basis for this is to teach the CORRECT CONCEPT of the game from the very start, student's improvement will rely on his or her's natural talant, good sound Basic Fundamentals, Structured Practice, and Patience. The most important aspect is Proper Technique!

Watching World Class players is excellent for it's enjoyment, tyring to learn from a video of two top players playing a game is very difficult if you're not a top player yourself. First of all, the best players are generally playing shots differently than the average player, and if they do play the same shot you agree with, they usually hit it differently then most for position or safety. In this kind od video you can't see the technique thats applied or tempo for all these parts of a shot to work properly.

That's why I'm working on a DVD and Book that will try to explain all ingredients to the shots in the simplest form.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

This is something that is (at this time) missing in the Carom world in the USA. There is so little info on the speed, cue angle, and all the other nuances of this game that is available. It is a supremely simple 'by the rules,' yet incredibly difficult game to master and without proper instruction you are left to trial and error.
I for one cannot wait for Bill to put this together!
Dan
 
Dan; If you get a chance take a look at the October issue of The Break magazine for an elementary position system I created many years ago. The version shown in the publication only shows the BIG BALL aspect of the system, there are many variations, according to where all 3 balls lie.
In My DVD and book, many more applications will be available for players to visualize, Short Angle posistions, End Rail, 4n5 rail, Cushion first, Cross Table, and some abstract positions that show up on a regular basis. All in all, I think this work will speak for it's self when it's completed.
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
Bill, for what it's worth, I thought the Break article was excellent. Very good stuff, very clear and everything is explained well, english, angle, hit, starting position, why the shot is made that way, and ending position. Some of the stuff the Robin book is missing. Looking forward to the book.
 
I am looking forward to meet you, let me know if you ever come to LA, i am interested to take some serious 3cushion lessons,cheers!
 
Fox; I may be in LA in a couple of weeks, where exactly do you live?, George Aronek is a good friend of mine, I'll probably see him at the Burbank Elks. If you would like to hook up, PM me and we'll make some arrangements.
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
 
I m originally lebaneese, learned the game in France , own a schuler cue and have interest in Horse races,
cheers

Mr. Fox do you live in west LA, and originally from Switzerland, own a Helmstetter cue and have an interest in Horse races?

Dean[/QUOTE]
 
Apology

I apologize Mr. Fox, I had mixed up identity of people, I thought you were my friend who is originally from Switzerland. The Swiss fellow and I were the only two people who played the Free Game at Eightball seriously. I forgot the name of the Swiss man and last time I chatted with him at the Eight ball billard hall he said he was buying his own table, and i have not seen him since.:(
 
Back
Top