Ideas that haven't saved pool

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Each of us are faces of pool.

Just because no one gave you a job or a title doesn't mean you don't play a role.

Role models like Bob and Dave are what communities are about. Someone shows you how to present information to other people, then you try it out.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Face with Black EYe Las Vegas Book want nothing to do with it, as people throw matches, or minulatpted system for profit. Burn Vegas, and your done.

The Burn has happened.
You're the face of gloom & doom😅 what's going on in pool coco....gloom & doom😅 whats the weather going to be like tomorrow's coco...gloom % doom😅🤣

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member

Just because no one gave you a job or a title doesn't mean you don't play a role.

Role models like Bob and Dave are what communities are about. Someone shows you how to present information to other people, then you try it out.
You've got the face of trolling down.

justnum

Silver Member
You've got the face of trolling down.
Today's generation is growing up on mobile computing devices.

That means most young people never even heard of pool hall junkies, the hustler or even know what a Gold Crown is.

What did you bring to the discussion?

Most companies, brands and services are trying to find the algorithm that works for them.

Compared to passing out business cards, social media takes a lot more production effort.

justnum

Silver Member
What do you bring to the site? Can you not afford .10 cents a day to support your "platform"?
This is getting political. I decline to continue this questioning.

I will encourage you to think about any "famous person before 1980" basically doesn't exist to anyone younger than 20.

Imagine an entire generation has not seen your "famous pool moves"

People on social media are making pool look fascinating. A narrator for the sport could help.

Someone said there is no face of pool, because there are just too many of the same face, just players.

More photographers, writers, poets, graphic artists, social media influencers are needed for billiards.

Basically its a hobby career.

Most of the older pool stars are basically old people that no young people recognizes or cares about.

How many generations of pool stars have you outlived?

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
This is getting political. I decline to continue this questioning.

I will encourage you to think about any "famous person before 1980" basically doesn't exist to anyone younger than 20.

Imagine an entire generation has not seen your "famous pool moves"

People on social media are making pool look fascinating. A narrator for the sport could help.

Someone said there is no face of pool, because there are just too many of the same face, just players.

More photographers, writers, poets, graphic artists, social media influencers are needed for billiards.

Basically its a hobby career.

Most of the older pool stars are basically old people that no young people recognizes or cares about.

How many generations of pool stars have you outlived?
That's called "dodging". Been around awhile as a term but still as fresh as a daisy.

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What I meant is this (pool has no face): While Bob & Dave might be role models to people like them, the general "potential" pool audience could care less about them. Example: Ask anybody in the US who David Lee Roth's manager/promoter/voice trainer was. They were probably the best everyday people you could imagine, but they didn't bring the audience to Van Halen's concerts. People LOVE greats who have flaws, are approachable, face seen, etc. Every successful sport, band, etc. has that great & that's what draws attention. I'm a pool nobody & this is just my opinion.

justnum

Silver Member
What I meant is this (pool has no face): While Bob & Dave might be role models to people like them, the general "potential" pool audience could care less about them. Example: Ask anybody in the US who David Lee Roth's manager/promoter/voice trainer was. They were probably the best everyday people you could imagine, but they didn't bring the audience to Van Halen's concerts. People LOVE greats who have flaws, are approachable, face seen, etc. Every successful sport, band, etc. has that great & that's what draws attention. I'm a pool nobody & this is just my opinion.

Thats whats great about pool, all generations have it in common but the superstars of each generation change.

Unlike other sports where most people age out.

Pool nobodies are the every player. While pool stars are how the community stays together. Everyone has a few special stories for people that are interested

For new people to find the right sources for their interests in pool, each medium is well established.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
None of those ideas explain how a sponsor would see a return in profit on their sponsorship money if they did decide to throw a few million in the direction of pool. Sound to me like the best plan anyone can come up with is a welfare system for pool...."please give us some money"

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats whats great about pool, all generations have it in common but the superstars of each generation change.

Unlike other sports where most people age out.

Pool nobodies are the every player. While pool stars are how the community stays together. Everyone has a few special stories for people that are interested

For new people to find the right sources for their interests in pool, each medium is well established.
Pool stars are actually the promoters:cool:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
None of those ideas explain how a sponsor would see a return in profit on their sponsorship money if they did decide to throw a few million in the direction of pool. Sound to me like the best plan anyone can come up with is a welfare system for pool...."please give us some money"

Think this is what folk use to call supporting Pool, throwing money at cause, with no return guaranteed.

Every group, charity, non profit come begging to business. So actually think because the business is successful. They owe these group something.

No so business want return on investment. M n M Mars Sponsor NASCAR, those fans have disposable income, and spend it.

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think this is what folk use to call supporting Pool, throwing money at cause, with no return guaranteed.

Every group, charity, non profit come begging to business. So actually think because the business is successful. They owe these group something.

No so business want return on investment. M n M Mars Sponsor NASCAR, those fans have disposable income, and spend it.
M&Ms does not sponsor NASCAR...they sponsor Kyle Busch. Ask any NASCAR (fan) parent who their child pulls for...Kyle Busch. Also, I can tell you from experience, those fans do not have "disposable income". NASCAR is the governing body...they are struggling right now because they don't have a "face".

justnum

Silver Member
M&Ms does not sponsor NASCAR...they sponsor Kyle Busch. Ask any NASCAR (fan) parent who their child pulls for...Kyle Busch. Also, I can tell you from experience, those fans do not have "disposable income". NASCAR is the governing body...they are struggling right now because they don't have a "face".

I almost signed up for the petty experience because it was the official NASCAR experience.
Then realized the pro pool experience was better.

NASCAR targets a family audience. Most pool events are full of older people.

Your comparison is not apples to apples.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Malls are the haven for the unwashed, poorly dressed And criminal. What’s dangerous are the parking, garages and the parking lots. There is a lot of crime against persons and property. I represented real estate developers in Houston and often saw the incident reports when defending personal injury claims and assaults. Developers like to keep that information under wrap. It’s dangerous at anytime but more so at night. i advise women to be very cautious when shopping particularly at night and more so in parking garages.
I don't know of a single mall in my area that doesn't have constant police presence...uniformed and otherwise.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well we have two NASCAR Events at what was PIR, weekend gate is 250,000 people. PIR has new name, it’s in Avondale/Goodyear area.

250,000 people is not nothing. It a crowd.🤣

Last edited:

sunburn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I almost signed up for the petty experience because it was the official NASCAR experience.
Then realized the pro pool experience was better.

NASCAR targets a family audience. Most pool events are full of older people.

Your comparison is not apples to appl

Well we have two NASCAR Events at what was PIR, weekend gate is 250,000 people. PIR has new name, it’s in Avondale/Goodyear area.

250,000 people is not nothing. It a crowd.🤣

Phoenix is beautiful to alot of people?