If Mike Sigel Wins!

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Mike wins I think there will be a lot of conspiracy theories. Some might claim John threw a shot or didn't bear down. Right now Mike is ahead 79-73 and I have to say Mike seems to be running balls a lot better meaning getting into less trouble than John. What is your take on this match? Philw

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Nobody is throwing anything. Nor should there be controversy. We've all said it was a coin flip all week. Mike can beat anyone on earth in one game of straight pool. Anyone. He just ran over 200 the other day. I guess he just doesn't have it anymore, right?? sheesh

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
My take is that Mike Sigel knows the game all around a bit better than John, but that counts for little if John never misses a ball.

In straight pool, execution counts for a LOT.

Russ

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
Nobody is throwing anything. Nor should there be controversy. We've all said it was a coin flip all week. Mike can beat anyone on earth in one game of straight pool. Anyone. He just ran over 200 the other day. I guess he just doesn't have it anymore, right?? sheesh
I agree but you just know that's gonna be tossed around. I think Mike is running the balls better than John but Oliver Stone is lurking in the shadows.

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Only the haters will call it a conspiracy. Mike Sigel is one of the greatest players that has ever graced our presence. He's not so far off his game that he can't still run with the big boys. I doubt we'll ever see him win another 9-ball tourney but I'm sure he'll be kicking ass and taking names in straight pool for many years to come.
MULLY
No offense to John but I'm pulling for Mike

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Also, I think it would be better for a race to 3 or 4 hundred than 150. Either one of them can get a 100 ball run going at the drop of a hat.
MULLY

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
philw said:
If Mike wins I think there will be a lot of conspiracy theories. Some might claim John threw a shot or didn't bear down. Right now Mike is ahead 79-73 and I have to say Mike seems to be running balls a lot better meaning getting into less trouble than John. What is your take on this match? Philw

Maybe Mike offered to make John a cue for half price if John throws the match.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Sigel is playing really well. I guess he can't get any respect on this board unless he #&$*# someone. I know he's not a spring chicken, but this ain't the UFC either.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
Sigel is playing really well. I guess he can't get any respect on this board unless he #&$*# someone. I know he's not a spring chicken, but this ain't the UFC either.

Sigel is one of my pool idols. I could watch his old matches all day. But as a cuemaker...? Not so much. And congrats to Mike on the W!

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Good match. Mike Sigel wins in 4 innings.

I found Mike entertaining. I enjoyed Mike and Johns banter over cutting the 7 ball backwards.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great match. I am glad Mike won and feel John is a very classy person. I liked their banter during the match. it seemed very friendly. Conspiracy my butt; give John some credit for being an upstanding person and Mike some credit for being a 10X World Champion.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
Gee imagine that. A 10x world champion won. How impossible was that??

The way folks around here talk I'm surprised he was able to get out of his wheelchair and run three balls. Oh, and of course in his prime pool was really in the dark ages compared to today, since the game has "advanced" so much since then and today's champions are so much better. Why, I hardly remember the names of those guys Sigel beat...Reyes, Strickland, Varner, Hopkins, Parica, Rempe, Archer, Mizerak. What a bunch a bums, eh?

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great match! I like both players so it was a can't lose for me.

It's amazing how Mike Sigel who's a legend of the game gets talked about like he can barely hobble to the table.

I wish I could have seen Willie Mosconi play he must have been the greatest player to get so many snide remarks.

If his run of 526 is so insignificant all somebody has to do is find a 4x8 table and put it to rest.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
10x times world champion?please post these titles.i have been around pool for decades and i count only 7 real world titles.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
PoolBum said:
The way folks around here talk I'm surprised he was able to get out of his wheelchair and run three balls. Oh, and of course in his prime pool was really in the dark ages compared to today, since the game has "advanced" so much since then and today's champions are so much better. Why, I hardly remember the names of those guys Sigel beat...Reyes, Strickland, Varner, Hopkins, Parica, Rempe, Archer, Mizerak. What a bunch a bums, eh?

The only people who thought Sigel had zero chance were the people on this website. Even Schmidt admitted it's a tough match and both called it a coin flip. If Schmidt doesn't miss that 7 ball, it's a different game. Races to 125 with two players like that is like, a joke. There are probably 200 players who can beat any of these guys 1 game to 125... that's what people fail to get.