If you could have only one, what would it be?

Muttonchops

Banned
I'm not asking about wives, I'm asking about Pool cues?

Have you seen this TV show on Discovery Turbo "Chasing Classic Cars" Wayne Carini?

I'd probably go with an Old Palmer with White Green spec Cortland wrap.

I can't afford some of that other MONSTER cue stuff that I see here. Some of you folks are sitting lopsided on a fat wallet:groucho:
 
I'm not asking about wives, I'm asking about Pool cues?

Have you seen this TV show on Discovery Turbo "Chasing Classic Cars" Wayne Carini?

I'd probably go with an Old Palmer with White Green spec Cortland wrap.

I can't afford some of that other MONSTER cue stuff that I see here. Some of you folks are sitting lopsided on a fat wallet:groucho:

I happen to have such a Cue, 1st Catalog #6, in 98%+ Original Condition
and was considering selling it, as it's just too damn gorgeous to play with.

Back to the Topic: My All Time Favorite is a Palmer Model #20, of which I have a
Perfect Original Example + a Gorgeous Model #20 Tribute by Alex Brick that I play with occasionally.
 
Pictures please!

Of all 3!

PM me on the #6 if you're serious about selling.
 
First

If I could only have just one cue it would be the first really nice cue I bought a 6 point Black Boar. It had 3 long ebony points with 3 cocobola points recut into them, the short points were ebony, the butt sleeve was cocobola with a narrow ring above the butt cap of Ivory dashes inside 2 narrow silver rings. The wrap was a brown speck Irish linen . My late friend John O'Neil and I each bought the (6 pointers right from Tony in 1995. In 2003 I traded the cue away, worst move of my life.I asked several cue brokers to keep an eye out for it.In March of 2012 I received a call from Bill Grassley ( Cornerstone Cues) he had my cue .I drove to his home in Michigan and we made a deal for it.Somewhere in the cue travels someone had it sent back to Tony at Black Boar and had the stainless steel joint replaced with an Ivory joint and one of Tony's ferruless shafts made for it along with Tony' s signature in the forearm by one of the points.That was the BEST move of my life.The cue s back with me for life now.Bill if your reading this thanks once again,I am proud to call you my friend.
 
This one. And I have it already, so perfect!
 

Attachments

  • roman 2.jpg
    roman 2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 259
I'm not asking about wives, I'm asking about Pool cues?

Have you seen this TV show on Discovery Turbo "Chasing Classic Cars" Wayne Carini?

I'd probably go with an Old Palmer with White Green spec Cortland wrap.

I can't afford some of that other MONSTER cue stuff that I see here. Some of you folks are sitting lopsided on a fat wallet:groucho:

I don't understand the question.

If it's "what's the one cue, forget about expense?" then I've got an answer.

If it's "what's the one cue, but you can almost be able to afford it without mortgaging your house, but it would hurt?" that's another answer.

And if it's "what's the one cue, even if no matter what happens, you ain't getting it?" then that's also yet another answer.


Dragon Cue - Lambros
Any Balaboti
A plain Searing

Freddie <~~~ in the order of the questions
 
If I could have only one cue it would be a cheap philipine cue I bought off ebay years ago. It was one of the cheap ones that were plentiful on ebay for a while. I bought it for 50 dollars and I really wasn't expecting much, and as far as looks it was a typical one of its kind. But the shaftwood was really dark and with more growthrings than any cue I've ever seen and it had a nice ferrule, not one of the see-through ones these cues often have. The hit of this cue was unlike any cue I've tried since, even my current cue which cost almost 20 times more does not even come close and it has a very heavy, nice shaft and is very good.

The cue actually saved my life. I was attacked on the subway when two thugs who were assaulting a young lady didn't like that I tried to stop them. They came at me and one reached for his pocket.I don't know if he had a knife in there but he never got a chance to use it, because I hit both him and the other one as hard as I could with the cue butt. They backed down and left. When I took the young lady with me and left, we were both in shock I think. If I hadn't been on my way home from the poolhall with my cue I would have been toast.The blows cracked one of the inlays and the steel joint sleeve came a little bit loose but it made me love it even more.

One day, burglars took all my cues including that one, and I'll never have it back.
 
Bill Grassley ( Cornerstone Cues.

And I find myself LUSTING over studly pete. I pay Western Union. The Import Gods just won't allow it. They export OFW's freely...

I'll post how much over market price I paid including the form "Mr Goofy" made me sign, I'm still kissing ass, via his assistant, Manolit, trying to get my cue out of jail. The tariff is pre paid on the shippers FedEx account, clearly on the label.

The guys helping me out with my new cue and Mason case from different parts of the world. Thank's, I'm finished trying to import anything of value to the RP.:sorry:
 
this...

this black boar, to me, is the best of the best; just spectacular.

I was so impressed with it that I used elements of the design on my living room wall...;)

best,
brian kc
 

Attachments

  • bb-1.jpg
    bb-1.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 172
  • bb-2.jpg
    bb-2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 168
  • bb-3.jpg
    bb-3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Black-Boar-mural-full.jpg
    Black-Boar-mural-full.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Black-Boar-mural-flash.jpg
    Black-Boar-mural-flash.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 205
Back
Top