If you won a big lottery, would you....

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
How about using some of it to create an X-FACTOR contest where the first to come up with, say, a pro tour that becomes profitable in two years, gets $25 Million Prize?

Such a contest got private enterprise into space.

Jeff Livingston

That's a pretty good idea, $25m is enough to get some serious interest even from outside the pool world, but I wonder if a competition like that wouldn't lead to some major division between competing factions. It would be a shame if pros were forced to choose between associations before a clear winner was decided.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
That's a pretty good idea, $25m is enough to get some serious interest even from outside the pool world, but I wonder if a competition like that wouldn't lead to some major division between competing factions. It would be a shame if pros were forced to choose between associations before a clear winner was decided.

That problem would have to be solved, too.

Jeff Livingston

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I would definitely fund something for the youth.

But man... If I won the lottery I'd go out west so fast it isn't even funny. I'd spend every second I could over the next however many years with a few instructors til my fundamentals are ROCK solid. I'd be so happy if I could just play pool and not have another job/distraction.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would go grab Bartram and BUST the world !

We would be living like kings with plenty of queens around us!

We would out bet everybody, thats for sure!

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Nice Post

I have always imagined what contribution I would make in this regard. When I played in the German Pool League in the 80's, I wanted to bring the German Club Concept to the U.S. and promote the same skill building system they have. After watching the BCA Trade Association take the Summer Camp Program I developed and toss it aside back in the 90's, that helped me decide to take a step back and rethink. The past few years, my situation has changed and I started working on the small club idea gain. That is something I am financially able to handle locally now, but expanding to other towns is a bit iffy.

With this fantasy option, I would dedicate money to bring pool to the smaller schools as the intro for scholastic competition. I have chosen 5 states for the initial phase. Iowa, Wisconsin,North Dakota, and Louisiana, and either California or South Carolina. I have lived in all of those states and have at least a basic knowledge of their structures.

Emphasis is on development at the Jr. High Level, with 6th,7th, and 8th Grade being the core demographic.

If it required me to spend every dime of the money, it would be worth it.

However, I would not spend one penny to support Pro Pool in this scenario. The sheer number of participants at the lower levels will create the ability for such a thing down the road. Just like Baseball,Football,Tennis,etc.

That's a good one Carl. Nice Post. Anyone know Warren Buffet?