I'm back..and I'm pissed !

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is my opinion that if you keep using Freddy to trash SJD they may emerge, maybe not ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Yeah, we'll probably have to wait until 'they' can make up some new fake accounts.

Once again, I don't agree I'm 'using' Freddy, he was just the first of several people that SJD has developed an obsession about trying to demean everything they post, his latest 'host' is CJ. SJD is doing a good job of 'trashing' himself, every time he posts.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
This thread needs to be put in the trash......it's everywhere in here. I thought we were all grown ups, but this thread proved me wrong.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truth.

There was ballot box stuffing going on during some of the "elections" but SJD's was not one of them.

Lou Figueroa

If you are going to make accusations like this, you should back them up. Another cheap shot.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Thanks for the nice words, RJ, but where did I throw Freddy under the bus? You said I didn't know him, I said I did, and have an opinion based on that.

Lou Figueroa

well, I don't know, it might have been this, "The fact is not everyone was so enamored with Freddy. When all that starts coming out it won't be pretty" - Lou F.

Yet, I have yet to hear a disparaging word about the man except from SJD and yourself.... Except Dick has stopped since his death, which is a pretty good sign of respect he had for him, or he just wanted to show a little class, or quite possibly both? So, do yourself a favor and follow Dicks' lead on this one, it certainly won't be the first time.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, we'll probably have to wait until 'they' can make up some new fake accounts.

Once again, I don't agree I'm 'using' Freddy, he was just the first of several people that SJD has developed an obsession about trying to demean everything they post, his latest 'host' is CJ. SJD is doing a good job of 'trashing' himself, every time he posts.

CJ does more damage to hisself than anything inflicted by others.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, I don't know, it might have been this, "The fact is not everyone was so enamored with Freddy. When all that starts coming out it won't be pretty" - Lou F.

Yet, I have yet to hear a disparaging word about the man except from SJD and yourself.... Except Dick has stopped since his death, which is a pretty good sign of respect he had for him, or he just wanted to show a little class, or quite possibly both? So, do yourself a favor and follow Dicks' lead on this one, it certainly won't be the first time.

It's is true. Not everyone is/was enamored with Freddy.

RJ, in my travels I've gotten to talk to lots of folks over the years. Here online even more. And what I've learned is that not everyone bought Freddy's PR. Not in Chicago, certainly not on the West Coast, not on the East Coast, not down South, and definitely not online. I also have my own personal opinion, which is just that -- one guy's opinion.

You Chicago guys like to stick together and I can appreciate that. You've probably missed it, but since his death I have repeatedly suggested guys leave the dead alone. And that's all I was suggesting to punter, who now wants to go on jihad.

So *you* do yourself a favor and just comes to grip with the fact that not everyone wants to canonize your home boy.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're the one that made them, how should I know. Whoever was 'stuffing' the ballot box, I guess. But it also demeans the award itself and Steve Booth.

That it happened does demean things. But anyone who followed the goings on knows there were some highly questionable antics.

Lou Figueroa

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here is a post from San Jose Dick regarding Lou and his attacks on Freddy:

"In any event, I wish to unburden myself, of some positions I have taken, in past posts..First and foremost, being my alignment with Lou, on his 'war of words', and his eventual match with John Barton. Sorry Lou, but your recent spate
of posts, have convinced me that I was dead wrong !..I let my intense dislike for Barton, lead me to taking your side in that fiasco... My bad !

As for your difference of opinion(s) with Fred, (even though I have NOT weighed in on that 'til now)..I also find myself leaning towards Fred's interpretation of that scenario..I did not quote the bulk of Fred's tirade against you, because, (like my adventures with him) much of it is "He said, she said" and NO ONE is better at discrediting an enemy, than Fred ! That being said, the overriding factor, in my decision, is the part of his post that I DID quote !.. As you have admitted the distasteful words you said, (regarding his dying pet) I can no longer support you, in any way.

I know this comes at a time when you have several people calling for your head, and I don't relish adding to your discomfort..But, I simply cannot excuse you, for YOUR own actions !..I may have been wrong in a few other instances, (doubtful, ) but I want to make my feelings on this issue very clear...(just in case I picked the wrong doctor )..."

This was from San Jose Dick in April of 2014. Lou has always pretended that he never read the post and he stopped posting at 1 pocket org for months after SJD's post.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That it happened does demean things. But anyone who followed the goings on knows there were some highly questionable antics.

Lou Figueroa

And your allegation without names demeans everyone in these HOF's except your boy SJD, whom you gave a pass. It also demeans everyone that voted. Cheap shot.

liakos

Banned
Boy, I'll tell ya! I've been reading this thread and seeing all the comments that are so hurtful and just can't believe it.

It's sad that people have to talk about people that have passed in ways that I've read in some of these posts but it also makes me realize how shallow some of you really are! A lot of you I know are considerably older than me and you seem to think your going to live forever,,,, whatever!!

Some of you need to realize that there is much more to life than just who is the best at this and that and who is a nice guy and who is jackass!

Admittedly, I find a sad kind of humor to some of these posts and I can "see" some of you typing these ridiculous posts about people(whom some don't even know), and I can't help but think how sad your lives must be!

Look towards the future people, and live life! Stop talking negative about people that have passed in a negative way, they are not here to defend themselves! Some of actually remind of those isis scumbags shooting people in the head over and over again after they are already dead,,,,, let it go!!!

Someday we are all gonna go, do you want someone to talk $hit about you without being able to defend yourself?? God works in mysterious ways people. He is our savior, but he can punish us as well!

Hope this makes sense to those that need to understand it!

ELI

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Boy, I'll tell ya! I've been reading this thread and seeing all the comments that are so hurtful and just can't believe it.

It's sad that people have to talk about people that have passed in ways that I've read in some of these posts but it also makes me realize how shallow some of you really are! A lot of you I know are considerably older than me and you seem to think your going to live forever,,,, whatever!!

Some of you need to realize that there is much more to life than just who is the best at this and that and who is a nice guy and who is jackass!

Admittedly, I find a sad kind of humor to some of these posts and I can "see" some of you typing these ridiculous posts about people(whom some don't even know), and I can't help but think how sad your lives must be!

Look towards the future people, and live life! Stop talking negative about people that have passed in a negative way, they are not here to defend themselves! Some of actually remind of those isis scumbags shooting people in the head over and over again after they are already dead,,,,, let it go!!!

Someday we are all gonna go, do you want someone to talk $hit about you without being able to defend yourself?? God works in mysterious ways people. He is our savior, but he can punish us as well!

Hope this makes sense to those that need to understand it!

ELI

Well said. Talking ill of the dead shows lack of class and character. Some of these old guys hold on to grudges like a terrier holds on to a bone, it's ridiculous. If some random internet nobody (or even a pro) says something about you that you don't like, what's the big deal? Get over it. Our days are numbered and far too few, why spend them on petty shit like this, even making us others spend time on it...I do disagree with one part of your post, the God part. If a God exists capable of creating the entire universe (which I doubt) and everything in it, he would not punish people for crap like this, IMHO he'd laugh and then pity them.

Some of the old guys have just tired of pool entirely it seems. They only live for their petty feuds and online dramas. I don't blame them for tiring of pool after spending over half a century on the game, but there's got to be better things to do than instigating crap on an internet forum. Buy some white shorts. Put socks in your sandals. Have a drink and mellow out. I hear great things about those sun-hats as well. Maybe even have a friendly wager at a pool game.....

My 80 year old great uncle spent his last days in the summer sun, living it up to his last breath, an example I intend to follow (in spirit at least). He'd for sure laugh at this crap, that do I know. I still feel young enough to waste a little time here, but when and if I approach their age I hope I'll spend my time more wisely.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

RJ, in my travels I've gotten to talk to lots of folks over the years. Here online even more. And what I've learned is that not everyone bought Freddy's PR. Not in Chicago, certainly not on the West Coast, not on the East Coast, not down South, and definitely not online. I also have my own personal opinion, which is just that -- one guy's opinion.

You Chicago guys like to stick together and I can appreciate that. You've probably missed it, but since his death I have repeatedly suggested guys leave the dead alone. And that's all I was suggesting to punter, who now wants to go on jihad.

So *you* do yourself a favor and just comes to grip with the fact that not everyone wants to canonize your home boy.

Lou Figueroa

I don't want to canonize him, he's already in the Banks HOF.

And now, you suggested before for guys to leave the dead alone... well, until you need to mention the dead to make your points, at the same time insulting the dead? Wow, how valiant of you ????

Just because a few folks up here called you a greasy fat midget, I don't hold the same opinion of you. That is their opinion, and I make my own. Now, if you want to hold all the guys from Chicago responsible for the little moniker they made up for you up here, that's fine, but don't blame Freddy,,, he didn't make it up, he just laughed with the rest of us :p

Funny, you could just not let this go. I was actually trying to be nice, very nice, especially for this grizzled NPR veteran...

So, you took at shot at Fred a few posts ago and then come back again with some more. It mattered not that I said he was a family friend for 40 years and was trying to be nice, didn't insult you, but only said the good things Freddy did for sick pool hustlers. But, you wanted to make sure you got the last word in that folks ALL over the country hated him??? WTF is wrong with you ?

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Here is a post from San Jose Dick regarding Lou and his attacks on Freddy:

"In any event, I wish to unburden myself, of some positions I have taken, in past posts..First and foremost, being my alignment with Lou, on his 'war of words', and his eventual match with John Barton. Sorry Lou, but your recent spate
of posts, have convinced me that I was dead wrong !..I let my intense dislike for Barton, lead me to taking your side in that fiasco... My bad !

As for your difference of opinion(s) with Fred, (even though I have NOT weighed in on that 'til now)..I also find myself leaning towards Fred's interpretation of that scenario..I did not quote the bulk of Fred's tirade against you, because, (like my adventures with him) much of it is "He said, she said" and NO ONE is better at discrediting an enemy, than Fred ! That being said, the overriding factor, in my decision, is the part of his post that I DID quote !.. As you have admitted the distasteful words you said, (regarding his dying pet) I can no longer support you, in any way.

I know this comes at a time when you have several people calling for your head, and I don't relish adding to your discomfort..But, I simply cannot excuse you, for YOUR own actions !..I may have been wrong in a few other instances, (doubtful, ) but I want to make my feelings on this issue very clear...(just in case I picked the wrong doctor )..."

This was from San Jose Dick in April of 2014. Lou has always pretended that he never read the post and he stopped posting at 1 pocket org for months after SJD's post.

That sum's up Lou nicely... the only guy (SJD) who seems to like Lou, and he would NOT even back his play?? Thanks for posting it :)

Last edited:

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sum's up Lou nicely... the only guy (SJD) who seems to like Lou, and he would NOT even back his play?? Thanks for posting it :)

I know SJD is a dog lover and he could not tolerate Lou making fun of a dying man's dying dog. No blow is too low for Lou. I would copy and paste Freddy's response to Lou but it was so expletive filled (justifiably so) that it would not meet this site's requirements.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

You are one evil dude Lou.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you need to leave the dead alone because sooner or later, those that are biting their tongues though this little love fest will speak up and it will not be pretty. OK, so you thought he was a great guy, but so is SJD. Let it go.

Lou Figueroa

It looks like you using this thread and SJD to beat down Freddy hasn't worked very well for you lou. Maybe you should let it go.