I'm in this month's Billiard Buzz magazine: "The Buzz Spotlight"

JAM

I am the storm
Silver Member
I finally made it to the big time. I'm in this month's Billiard Buzz magazine on page 44 in "The Buzz Spotlight" article. Wow! :grin-square:

Here's the link: http://www.azbilliards.com/buzz/27/

I'm in the same magazine with Allison Fisher, Shannon Daulton, Chris Melling, Shane Van Boening, Earl Strickland, Rodney Morris, Kid Delicious.

Okay, okay. It's only a photo of me from a distance. :o

Check me out. ;)
 

Attachments

  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 466
Best photo from that Joss Season Finale tournament in Maine was this one, taken by Diana Hoppe.

Earl Strickland was complaining outside about having to "play the girl" (Karen Corr). He didn't think they should play in tournaments with the men if the men couldn't play in the tournaments feature the lady pros, like the WPBA. :grin:

Meanwhile, everybody knew Karen Corr was very capable of barbecuing any man on the face of the earth. Nobody wanted to draw her name, none of the men.

During the practice session before Earl's match with Karen. Keith started taunting Earl about having to "play the girl." Karen is in the background watching these two clowns, stting very stoic, not letting it rattle her.
 

Attachments

  • Earl Karen and Keith in Maine.JPG
    Earl Karen and Keith in Maine.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 515
I demanded to leave the pool room to experience real Maine lobster, and Keith conceded to my wish. What a great night! :cool:
 

Attachments

  • Joss-RI and Maine 083.JPG
    Joss-RI and Maine 083.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 500
Here's a cute shot I took of Keith barking at Charlie Bryant, hoping to get a little action going. Diana photo-bombing in the background. She's smiling from ear to ear, and Keith and Charlie look like they're ready to do battle. :D
 

Attachments

  • Keith Hillbilly Diana.JPG
    Keith Hillbilly Diana.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 466
Oh, man, check out this vintage Mike Dechaine photo from 2004 at this Joss Tour Season Finale in Maine. He was just a young pup. :smile:
 

Attachments

  • P6036595.jpg
    P6036595.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 443
Here's a photo of Mike Zuglan, the Joss Tour TD, putting the names on the chart. Do you recognize all the players in this photo?
 

Attachments

  • players.JPG
    players.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 470
Here Spot Shot Billiards where the event was held. You had to walk down a flight of stairs once you entered the front door.
 

Attachments

  • Joss-RI and Maine 069.JPG
    Joss-RI and Maine 069.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 496
This is a photo of the owner of Spot Shot Billiards, Kerry Herbert. Sadly, he passed away in 2014. He as very passionate about pool and hosted this event with added monies. He loved Larry Lisciotti too, as this was also a memorial tournament for Larry.
 

Attachments

  • Joss-RI and Maine 060.JPG
    Joss-RI and Maine 060.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 453
2004 was the year for Danny "Kid Delicious" Basavich. He was winning everything that year. The weekend before this tournament, Danny won a tournament at Snooker's in Rhode Island as well as winning this one a week later. Danny was on Cloud Nine this year, getting staked by Pennsylvania Steel, producing instructional videos, and in addition to winning several major events, he came in second to Santos at the Skins Billiards Championship and Hillbilly at the Glass City Open. Danny was on fire!
 

Attachments

  • Danny Basavich Joss Tour Rhode Island 2004.jpg
    Danny Basavich Joss Tour Rhode Island 2004.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 452
Another barkfest photo of Keith and Charlie, oblivious to their surroundings at the front door of Spot Shot.

They never did end up playing, but after Keith got knocked out of the tournament, pocketing $500, he ended up playing Grady Mathews, race to 3 in one-pocket. Keith won, and Grady wasn't real happy about it, as I recall. :o

Oh, my memory is coming back. Before the tournament started, Keith and Shaun Wilkie played partners against Kid Delicious in some 9-ball action, and they won a nickel, if memory serves me right.
 

Attachments

  • Joss-RI and Maine 089.JPG
    Joss-RI and Maine 089.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 516
Best photo from that Joss Season Finale tournament in Maine was this one, taken by Diana Hoppe.

Earl Strickland was complaining outside about having to "play the girl" (Karen Corr). He didn't think they should play in tournaments with the men if the men couldn't play in the tournaments feature the lady pros, like the WPBA. :grin:

Meanwhile, everybody knew Karen Corr was very capable of barbecuing any man on the face of the earth. Nobody wanted to draw her name, none of the men.

During the practice session before Earl's match with Karen. Keith started taunting Earl about having to "play the girl." Karen is in the background watching these two clowns, stting very stoic, not letting it rattle her.
Karen is so cool she is frozen
 
Here's a photo of Mike Zuglan, the Joss Tour TD, putting the names on the chart. Do you recognize all the players in this photo?

This is why you are a true gem on this site, Miss Jam.
I always dig your behind-the-scenes knowledge of even the small tour stops. These photos are fantastic.
I didn't know Danny Hewitt actually had hair once upon a time. :grin: I always like watching him play.

Great photos and thanks for sharing.
 
I finally made it to the big time. I'm in this month's Billiard Buzz magazine on page 44 in "The Buzz Spotlight" article. Wow! :grin-square:

Here's the link: http://www.azbilliards.com/buzz/27/

I'm in the same magazine with Allison Fisher, Shannon Daulton, Chris Melling, Shane Van Boening, Earl Strickland, Rodney Morris, Kid Delicious.

Okay, okay. It's only a photo of me from a distance. :o

Check me out. ;)

A book/picture signing would be in order.
 
This is why you are a true gem on this site, Miss Jam.
I always dig your behind-the-scenes knowledge of even the small tour stops. These photos are fantastic.
I didn't know Danny Hewitt actually had hair once upon a time. :grin: I always like watching him play.

Great photos and thanks for sharing.

Aw, shucks! Thank you so much, sweet man. I love your photos too! :cool:
 
Here's a photo of Mike Zuglan, the Joss Tour TD, putting the names on the chart. Do you recognize all the players in this photo?

This is an interesting vintage pool photo. From left to right: Ryan "Genie Man" McCreesh, Boston's Young Gun Jarrod Clowery, Tony Roberto (now dabbling on the poker tournament circuit), Shaun "Get Some" WIlkie -- not sure who the red-shirt guy is, though I know his face well -- the late Grady "Professor" Mathews, Danny Hewitt from Canada, and down at the bottom, that's Mike Zuglan. :)
 

Attachments

  • players.JPG
    players.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 222
I demanded to leave the pool room to experience real Maine lobster, and Keith conceded to my wish. What a great night! :cool:

That's a really good picture! All the time Keith and I spent together and I don't have one picture of the two of us together. Those were the days before cell phones and instant photo taking though! :smile:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top