Indyq ''Black Friday Sale''...Up to 40% Off

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
260   0   0
Here's what I will say about Roy, not a knock nor a defense just my personal experience. I have never delt with him through email, only over the phone and in person and the last time was probably 6 or 7 years ago. Living relatively close I would call him and set up an appointment to stop by. The first deal was I bought a Richard Harris sneaky pete from him brand new at a very reasonable price, well under what they are listed for on here. The second time I traded a cue plus cash for another cue and took the worst of it, not really a big deal because I didn't have to do it. Third time I bought nothing but he did give me several cases to take because I said I could probably sell them. He needed X amount of dollars and said keep whatever you get over that. I sold them, gave him the money and kept the rest. The fourth time was a bit tricky. A friend of mine wanted a cue he had and was quoted a price and when I picked the cue up it was a different price. Eventually I ended up with the cue and when I went to sell it several of the top dealers said there was no way one of the shafts was original to the cue. I ended up trading it and coming out far ahead so lesson learned but no big deal in the end. There has been numerous stories about Roys antics through email but I would venture to say he would never say any of those things in person, for obvious reasons.

For what it's worth

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Sometimes you hear a bad story and you think well I am not hearing the whole story so Ill just let it go.

Then you hear another one. Well that's just business, so you give them benefit of the doubt.

But when you hear 100's of stories and you STILL do business with this guy and get screwed or have to put up with his BS, you deserve what you get.

I have to tell one.

Years ago, I lived in Springfield Missouri and bought a cue from Andy Gilbert. I was back in Indiana, visiting relatives, and a friend of mine was going over to Roys shop and wanted to know if I wanted to go. I said sure.

We go over and I bring in my case and Roy wants to know whats in the case. I pull out my Gilbert cue and he looks it over and tells me its pretty crappy basically, and wanted to know who made it. I told him Andy Gilbert, (this was years before Andy's cues made it out of Missouri, and had the old "G" logo). He said there are lots of "wantabe local" cuemakers out there that make cues. He then wanted to show me some REAL cues.....:rolleyes:

So beyond being just a dumb way to treat customers, he showed that he only knew a few cuemakers. Funny thing was a few years later he started selling those crappy Andy Gilbert cues. I saw him again and was looking over some cues, and he started telling me about this great cuemaker Andy Gilbert....I said really, never heard of him.

Swear that is a true story.

Ken

Last edited:

xTAPOUTx

READY-TEAM-FIRE-GO
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
hahah

Guy is a serious tool. Purchased a Diveney from him. Got to my house......the shaft was fatter in the middle than at the joint. Rings were popping out........shaft was warped and the ferrule was see through. Butt looked like it could use a refinish. Yes, I know, not his fault........probably some intern at Pats shop cuz he does make decent cues. Roy told me he was half blind and this is the reason why he didnt "see" the imperfections in the cue. He also told me he "doesnt get to the post office" often which is why it took over a week to even get it shipped..........guy was a jerk. I had to file a complaint through Paypal as item was described as "new" but was screwed up. The whole ordering shipping and refund process took over 3 weeks. The cue was back up immediately so apparently nothing was fixed. Just put back into his hockey stick collection. I love wasting my time. I think Ill deal with him again when I want to waste another 3 weeks of my very precious, valuable time. :thumbup:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Funny this thread came back to life.

I had a guy PM me yesterday telling me what a great guy some other poster was here.

Then he told me that He would "take a bullet for Roy". I cautioned him on using that language, because I knew a few that might want to take him up on that.

Ken