Inside Pool Magazine -- eight issues needed

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Update: No progress as of March 2018. ... Dec 2020...

I'm trying to assemble a complete run of Inside Pool Magazine. I believe that December 2001 was their first issue and July/August 2013 was their last issue. If so, I need the following eight issues:

2009 -- Dec
2010 -- Jan
2012 -- Nov, Dec
2013 -- Jan, Feb, May/June, Jul/Aug

If you can help out, I'm willing to pay for copies or trade you lots of extra back issues of Inside Pool or Pool & Billiard or Billiards Digest. Please respond here or PM me or send email to jewett@sfbilliards.com

Thanks.

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Have you tried reaching out to JR Calvert? He was the publisher and owner, so he may have back issues.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm still looking for these eight issues of Inside Pool. Thanks for any help or leads.

2009 -- Dec
2010 -- Jan
2012 -- Nov, Dec

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm still looking for these eight issues of Inside Pool. Thanks for any help or leads.

2009 -- Dec
2010 -- Jan
2012 -- Nov, Dec

I have not seen the InsidePool gang in a long while, other than on FB.

You may be able to reach JR via LinkedIn. He probably still has a working email address that LinkedIn is connected to. :wink: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jr-calvert-aa06565/

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK, I still have had no luck tracking down the 8 issues of Inside Pool listed below. I'm willing to pay $30 per issue plus postage. Maybe that will get someone's attention. (y)(y)

2009 -- Dec
2010 -- Jan
2012 -- Nov, Dec

Here are the covers of the first four to help your search:

CropperCapture[664].png

CropperCapture[665].png

CropperCapture[666].png

CropperCapture[667].png

Last edited:

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob,
How about contacting some of the many players whose names and faces are seen on those cover images?

As you'll already know, almost all publishers send a free courtesy copy to folks they're featuring within their publications. I'll bet that more than a few still have their copy (or even vanity-purchased multiple ones they've given to friends/relatives). Some of these assorted people and players may very well be willing to add to your respected collection for the right price. Everyone -- the world over -- needs supplementary income in today's times.

Arnaldo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestion, Arnaldo. I've already sent out the first request.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Bob,

I looked in my stash and don't have those issues any longer. As it turns out I purged much of my magazines long ago. But, for some reason, I have a handful of fairly old ones [1987 and 1993], which are in OK condition. Not great, but OK. I also have 2 unopened magazines -> which I assume I saved because they are still in plastic. Inside Pool, March 2005, Vol. V, Issue 3 [Efren on front]; Pool and Billiard Magazine, May 2005 [Putnam on front].

I'm happy to send some/all of them to you if you think they're useful, or might be trade material for magazines you want. PM if you would like a full inventory or pics.

-td

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I'm happy to send some/all of them to you if you think they're useful, or might be trade material for magazines you want. PM if you would like a full inventory or pics.

-td
PM sent.

jeffb8ball

Update: No progress as of March 2018. ... Dec 2020...

I'm trying to assemble a complete run of Inside Pool Magazine. I believe that December 2001 was their first issue and July/August 2013 was their last issue. If so, I need the following eight issues:

2009 -- Dec
2010 -- Jan
2012 -- Nov, Dec

If you can help out, I'm willing to pay for copies or trade you lots of extra back issues of Inside Pool or Pool & Billiard or Billiards Digest. Please respond here or PM me or send email to jewett@sfbilliards.com

Thanks.
Hi I have looked through all my inside pool magazines I once had a subscription and saved most of them ..I Dont seem to have the exact copies you have listed but do have a few months before and after I Dont know if these were odd months ??..I Also have some billiards digest and pool and billiard magazine from around late 90s to mid 2000s

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi I have looked through all my inside pool magazines I once had a subscription and saved most of them ..I Dont seem to have the exact copies you have listed but do have a few months before and after I Dont know if these were odd months ??..I Also have some billiards digest and pool and billiard magazine from around late 90s to mid 2000s
Thanks for looking but I have at least two copies of every other issue of Inside Pool. (Also lots of the other mags.)