Inside Pool Stream Problems - I Must Be In The Small Minority

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the way it is with TAR and (I believe) Accu-Stats, but I think I read on one of the many threads this morning that somebody got working login info from a friend and was able to log on.

I don't know how these things work, but I do know if IP decides to just stream it for free then I expect a refund. I bought the three-day weekend in good faith, even though I was sure that at least one if the nights I might not be able to watch. I try to support pool within the confines of my very tight budget, but if I'm just gonna donate I can think of a lot better places to send my dough to than Inside Pool.

I hear you.

My thing is not that there were issues - it's that there was no one available to respond to them. As an IT professional, I am well aware that these things don't always work flawlessly. BUT, I also know that if I am rolling something out that my users (or paid viewers in this case) are depending on, I will be sure to have staff available to monitor the system and put out any fires that pop up. The live streaming of this event was obviously planned and executed poorly, and, sadly, it will turn a lot of people away from future IP live streams.

Making last night's play available for free would be a good start, but the fact is that we paid to see it live. If it were me, I would issue a $10 credit to those who paid, and loop the first set until match time tonight.

Aaron

Brian_08

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were SUPPOSED to be looping the first match all day until match time tonight.... BUT i think something happened to the loop as it's not "looping" lol.... I'm no IT tech but I know enough about audio/video equipment to know that those timers and video loop programmers do have a tendency to be finicky at best.

Brian_08

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes it is and one of the IP reps was online asking if it was working and stated that they are there super early to attempt to remedy any and all login issues with the PPV system... Hopefully it works for everyone tonight.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I never even got an email with login info. WTH

paid, got a paypal receipt, but no email with password.

so being the resourceful fellow that I am, I called my buddy who also bought the stream, he gave me his info, I used that and voila, I was in like Flynn - I thought.

The stream kept freezing up every 5 seconds - seriously, freezing to the point it needed to be refreshed, then another 5 seconds, freeze, 5 sec freeze...

I gave up, went to bed.

can someone tell me what was the final score.

Inside pool, you have to do much better than this. :(

best,
brian kc
Just as an FYI, it was a nearly flawless stream for me. It never stuttered. It did freeze twice and came right back, but not that alien invasion sun spot thing.

So, I agree that the login issue needs to be dekinkified, but the stream was pretty good at my location. That means there's an individual issue (bandwidth, baud rate, ya da ya da).

Freddie

chipperd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol

My stream froze on every single shot. I cleared cache, ran cc cleaner, switched browsers, wifies and even switched computers. I couldn't even listen to audio because it was freezing was way to bad. Worst luck I have had yet trying to watch a stream.Someone said theirs froze about ten times, lol, mine literately froze every shot, 1125! I basically just looked at it to figure out the score.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
..... the stream was pretty good at my location. That means there's an individual issue (bandwidth, baud rate, ya da ya da).

Sorry, I'm not buying that. Number 1, there are too many folks here that never had problems with watching the TAR HD broadcasts. I'm one of them.

I have an iMac with a i7 Intel QuadCore processor in it and a super hot graphics card, a 30 mbs data rate from Time Warner, and have my computer hardwired to the modem (eliminating any WiFi modem issues). I test my speed regularly with the Ookla test utility, and even my iPhone receives about 25 mbs from my WiFi router. What more would you need to watch this thing, really?

Below is a screenshot of the Netflix recommendations for streaming video. I have almost three times the baud rate as I would need to watch streaming 3-D. Why would this stream cause me problems so bad it was almost unwatchable.

Another thing is that late in the match the stream froze for long enough that I had to (with great trepidation) log out and then log back in. After that the stream worked flawlessly. Crystal clear and smooth as silk. How would that be something at my end?

One thing I might add is that I had no problems all day yesterday or the day before watching Earl warm up. At 7:31 I logged in and got a beautiful stream. I'm not ordinarily a chatter, but I was reading comments while waiting for the match to begin and saw that tons of folks were having problems logging in, so I joined the chat to tell them what I did and the minute I did that I lost the stream. When I logged back in again I had nothing but problems.

I wonder how many that had a bad feed like myself were logged into the chat, or if that could possibly make any difference?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-01-15 at 12.31.21 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-01-15 at 12.31.21 PM.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 132

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry, I'm not buying that.

I'm not sure what you're not buying. If it was good for me and not for you, that seems like the definition of "an individual thing".

Is there a better solution out there? Probably. Bonus Ball sometimes froze on me. But some of the streams from Europe were often better than perfect, if that's possible. So, there must be better solutions for us all.

I wonder how many that had a bad feed like myself were logged into the chat, or if that could possibly make any difference?
This could be. I used chat on my iPad so I could full-screen my video.

Freddie <~~~ pretty sure it's the ya da ya da gremlins

Attachments

• IMG_1693 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1693 (Small).JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was fortunate...after one failed login...I exited and relogged on to insidepool.tv and entered credentials that had come with Inside pool's email (from jrcue). The premier customer log on items were the assigned user name(my email address with @ and . modified to 'underline symbol' and an assigned password(last name plus couple of numbers).

Could the notifying email be associated with prior emails from 'jrcue'/insidepool that didn't post right after the p/pal payment confirmation email?....Brian.

I'm now watching the loop. (took me twice to log on successfully:eek:)

I feel for you that paid and didn't get in....been there....real frustrating/not life changing, but real frustrating.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
It was the not the fault of the users.

It was nothing to do with anyone's choice of browser, the power of their computer, the quality of their internet, etc.

Many names and passwords didn't work, for those resourceful enough to find them.
InsidePool completely failed to mention it would be emailed to your paypal email address, which is one I never use...
and the email said "click the link below to access the premium stream"...surprise, there was no link.

They didn't open up the stream early enough to iron out the kinks, and they apparently had
one guy running around manually creating names and passwords for a hundred unhappy viewers.
That guy did not reply to all emails or PMs.

I think if they gave a shit about the quality of their service, and how they are perceived,
they would have hopped on AZ by now to make an apology and offer some refunds.
I certainly didn't get half of what I paid for.
But I haven't seen anything.

So we have a two-pronged problem -
The person who handles the streams on IP's end doesn't know how to make his website
and emails crystal clear to the users (your name and password will appear here, click here, login here).

And the streaming service either fails to generate the names and passwords fast enough,
or generates invalid ones that don't work. Maybe some human manually types them somewhere.
I don't know.

Until IP comes on here and assures us that both problems were fixed,
I'm not gonna waste my time or money on them.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Me either. Now I will file my Paypal dispute, as promised.

It was the not the fault of the users….

Until IP comes on here and assures us that both problems were fixed,
I'm not gonna waste my time or money on them.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
For the IT savvy folks reading here, I, who had serious unwatchable freeze problems on last nights stream, today's loop is perfect. Does this provide any clues? My same computer, same browser, same settings, the loop is playing as it should. So, is there something different about the live show compared with the loop-cast?

I find it interesting that some, like Freddie, had no problems while others like myself, couldn't watch.

Since my loop works great might that mean tonight's show will, too?

best,
brian <----- just saw earl kick that 8 in the side - yowzer!

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
snip... saw that tons of folks were having problems logging in, so I joined the chat to tell them what I did and the minute I did that I lost the stream. When I logged back in again I had nothing but problems.

Besides the well documented login and notification issues, the quoted above was an issue for me.

When the score got to 13 - 10, the chat seemed to present major problems for me. I would type in chat, only to find I was not logged in. I'd log back into chat and then the stream went so choppy it was unwatchable. So I'd X out, clear cookies, and even rebooted once. I logged out of stream @ a dozen times for the last 7 racks.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Nope, nothing. But the paypal dispute process was started yesterday. This is, by the way, the first Paypal dispute I've ever filed in my life. That's how bad this whole thing was. Good luck to them in the future, but I won't be wasting any more of my time.

What inbox? My PM inbox or my e-mail inbox? I haven't gotten any such notice in either as of yet.