Instructional Materials

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about this AzB and believe this forum is one of if not the largest pool related forum. There are members that are among the top in the industry. There is a section for instruction and ask the pros. Part of that section is dedicated to instructor reviews. Would there be anything wrong with having a section there to have actual instruction. I am sure there are instructors out there that would allow either links or re-posting of their video materials on the site.

I may not have been a member of this forum since its inception or even close for that matter. I think there are a lot of people out there who have a passion for learning to play cue sports. Many of them are going online and searching for help on youtube and places like ask.com and about.com. It would be nice to have a central depository for freely available instruction even if it was just a board full of links to original posters web pages.

I am sure that some of the industry would be against such a practice simply because it could limit potential profitability.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... It would be nice to have a central depository for freely available instruction even if it was just a board full of links to original posters web pages. ...
I think Dr. Dave's site qualifies for that. Did you have something else in mind?

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Dr. Dave's site qualifies for that. Did you have something else in mind?

Actually I think there are a lot of Free resources out there like the youtube videos by Tor Lowery, Jimmy Reid, Tom Rossman, Heath Manning to name a few.

Dr. Dave has an excellent collection of resources but that is a for profit business. What I am suggesting is a central place to access decent free instructional pool resources and videos.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Regarding Instructional Material

Great post...
In regards to instructional material, we have put together right around 3000 hours of videos, readings, notes, links and informative sections in regards to instructional material as you refer to it on our platform.
And it is 100% free and mobile friendly!
Credit goes to:
Bert Kinkister
Billiard Gods
Dr. Dave Billiards
Mark Finkelstein
Max Eberle and
Philip Capelle

They are categorized mostly under "drills" and QAs section.

100% mobile friendly, so you can have it at the table while you are practicing. Search for the right material and read about it or watch a video too.

In terms of page in a book, there are about 9000+ pages.
Hope you can enjoy them and share them.
It is 100% free too!

LINK >>>>> GoPlayPool 101

We always love adding new material. If you know of anyone and or any videos, as long as we have full permission, we would love to add them. Let us know!

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is exactly what I was looking for Go Play Pool thanks. I still wonder why something like this could not be an integral part of AzB one of the largest billiards forums available. This is definitely a diamond in the rough. Thanks again I believe you may have just made 2017 a very happy and busy year for me.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is exactly what I was looking for Go Play Pool thanks. I still wonder why something like this could not be an integral part of AzB one of the largest billiards forums available. This is definitely a diamond in the rough. Thanks again I believe you may have just made 2017 a very happy and busy year for me.

Thanks Kevin:
A forum is a forum as it says. information comes and goes. Just like Facebook. scrolling and searching could become work by itself.
This is not a fault of AZ Billiards. It is just how every forum and social media is set up.
We kept it organized by category, ad free. pop up free and there are not even a single Adsense or third party advertising on those pages.
Do share it please and there is a section that it will take a while to get to it, but it is in there. I will direct you towards it and hope you can get stuck in there for months. :D
LINK >>>>> QAs by Dr. Dave
Enjoy! :thumbup:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin...You're providing misinformation right now. Nothing on Dr. Dave's site costs anything, with the exception of the dvd series that he has made with Bob Jewett and Tom Ross. LIke Bob said, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. It's well known on this site that you talk out of both sides of your mouth...on one hand asking about instructors and getting some quality instruction; getting that information and choosing not to act on it, because you're CHEAP (even though you spent several thousand dollars on a nice table). Every instructor here has given answers to instructional questions, trying to be helpful. At the same time we are PROFESSIONALS, and make our living from providing personalized instruction to students who seek us out. Try getting free information from your doctor, lawyer, plumber, electrician, stock broker, or any number of other professions. Sure all of those things are available for perusal free of charge in books, videos and the internet. Nothing replaces the value of one-to-one private instruction, or multiday pool schools from several fine instructors. :rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Dr. Dave has an excellent collection of resources but that is a for profit business. What I am suggesting is a central place to access decent free instructional pool resources and videos.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott the difference is if you ask your dr a question he will tell you he can't diagnose you without a personal visit not go on a rant on being a professional dr. Scott you need to relax a little, I'm betting you got high blood pressure. Now crack open a cold one and chat about some pool bud!

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The value of one on one lessons is clear. There are instuctors out there that have hours of complete video instruction available not simply samples or excerpts from their dvd series.

Like i said originally there would be people against the idea I suggested. You are correct though I have read advice and opinions from many if the members here. I appreciate every bit of it. I have also tried also tried to answer many others questions as well.

I thought that freely sharing information about pool was the foundation of this forum. Excuse me if i am wrong. There isa big difference between telling someone how to complete a task and telling them how to start it.

You and many others on here are fine instructors and make a living teaching people one on one. For that service you charge them by the hour. If you produced a blanket dvd yiu would charge for that as well. If you published videos on YouTube or under open source they would be for the most part freely distributed. It is your discretion how you choose to share knowledge and experience with others.

Several people on here in the past have said unless yiu are in the top tier of players its hard to make a living playing pool.