Instructor List

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I read recently in one of these threads that there is a pool instructor list by region somewhere on here. Now that I am looking for it I can't find it.

Either way, if there isn't such a thing I am now considering some lessons and I live in Northern Virginia. I haven't committed to the idea yet, but I do want to start collecting some information on the possibilities of the who, where, when, and how much.

I think I'm at the stage where a lesson or two could be worth the investment, but unfortunately my schedule is pretty full already. Also, it would have to be someone I could believe in so I would want to hear some praise from someone other than the instructors themselves, like I have for guys like Stan Shuffett, Randy G., Scott Lee, and Bob Jewett to name a few. Not that I'm ruling them out, but I was hoping to find someone more local who is at or near their talent level that I could do some Saturday or Sunday afternoon sessions with.

Any thoughts or ideas?

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Try this web site.

www.bca-pool.com

I just left your area. I will be back in June with two Pool Schools. One in Baltimore and one in Frederick.

PM me for more info.

Thanks,
randyg

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in maryland and had Scott Lee come to my house. It was terrific. Quality guy and fantastic lesson. Plus he will give you stuff to work on when he is not there.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I thought I read recently in one of these threads that there is a pool instructor list by region somewhere on here. Now that I am looking for it I can't find it.

Either way, if there isn't such a thing I am now considering some lessons and I live in Northern Virginia. I haven't committed to the idea yet, but I do want to start collecting some information on the possibilities of the who, where, when, and how much.

I think I'm at the stage where a lesson or two could be worth the investment, but unfortunately my schedule is pretty full already. Also, it would have to be someone I could believe in so I would want to hear some praise from someone other than the instructors themselves, like I have for guys like Stan Shuffett, Randy G., Scott Lee, and Bob Jewett to name a few. Not that I'm ruling them out, but I was hoping to find someone more local who is at or near their talent level that I could do some Saturday or Sunday afternoon sessions with.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Did you check out that web site?
randyg

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any thoughts or ideas?

Hello my name is Ray Martin,there is a player and a cue maker in Virgina he used to play and work out of Barry Bermans pool hall,do not know if he gives lessons or not,maybe someone can think of his name,also he is tall about 6ft3in.Good luck.
Ray

ghostball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any thoughts or ideas?

I remmember his name Dave Bollman,check him out.
Ray

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, there are links to many well-known and respected instructors all around the country here:

With the links at the bottom of the page, you can also do instructor searches.

Good luck,
Dave

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Randy G did not make your list? Am I missing something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Yes, I see it now. Totally my fault. Reading these pages on a 2.5 inch phone screen is sometimes difficult.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Brieseth, Mark Wilson, Joe Tucker, David "Blackjack" Sapolis.
Stan Shuffett would be first choice, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try this web site.

www.bca-pool.com

I just left your area. I will be back in June with two Pool Schools. One in Baltimore and one in Frederick.

PM me for more info.

Thanks,
randyg

Thanks I checked the instructor search out and bookmarked the site for future reference. PM on the way for more info on the pool schools.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in maryland and had Scott Lee come to my house. It was terrific. Quality guy and fantastic lesson. Plus he will give you stuff to work on when he is not there.

Unfortunately, with my setup that won't work. I can host someone for the afternoon, but that's about it. It's just a little too much to ask of the rest of the family. Although obviously, since I listed him in my original post, I've heard good things about him and I like what I've read in his posts.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remmember his name Dave Bollman,check him out.
Ray

I've seen him play in some of the matches I've pulled up on YouTube before. He could compete with the best of them. I'll see if I can find out how to reach him, but Va Beach is over two hours away. I've got a wife and baby to take care of right now and a pretty demanding job so I really want something more local or it might be a no go until things ease up a bit.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, there are links to many well-known and respected instructors all around the country here:

With the links at the bottom of the page, you can also do instructor searches.

Good luck,
Dave

Dr. Dave I love your site. It's got so much stuff on it I never even noticed this section before. I got stuck in the instructional and video sections. I've had your site bookmarked for a long time. I'm just sorry I didn't tell you before ... I love your site.

Looking at your instructor list I seem to be in some sort of pool instruction dead zone. A veritable black hole of pool schools. There's no one on that list within three states in any direction. Slight exaggeration because Ohio is two states away and Kentucky and NC actually border VA, but you get my point. No exaggeration though that you could draw a 300 mile radius circle around my house and not a single one of those instructors would be in it.

Also I'm sending a PM with a couple of questions about the instructor list on your site.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry Brieseth, Mark Wilson, Joe Tucker, David "Blackjack" Sapolis.
Stan Shuffett would be first choice, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I've heard of all of those guys and benefitted from Joe Tucker's web site and particularly from David Sapolis' lessons over at EasyPoolTutor.com. I've read every one of his articles on that site and a few in some other places as well. Unfortunately, neither of them, and I don't think any of the others, are within an afternoon's driving distance from my house.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
All of listed instructors are probably a great choice. Scott Lee came to my house. I swear by him.