Interesting Cue on Auction

mono-eat-mono

Registered
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There was another one similar to this ended yesterday.

LINK

Seller claimed the wrap's been replaced and there's no original shaft. I would stay away from deals like that.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
No Fedunka.. wow can't wait to bid on this one. Should be easy picken's, no one likes to pull the trigger... can't win the lottery if you don't play.

JV ;)

Raggedy Andy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, I'm not the seller. But......I was very interested when I saw the cue. I can tell you for sure...it is not an Adam Balabushka. It is an older cue. Perhaps the buyer will be so kind to enlighten all of us.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Anyways.. I am just having a little fun. I was asked about the cue many times via e-mail and honestly I have no idea who made the cue. However that being said, some great buys have come via the gamble.

But this seller has had 3 mystery cues and they all seem to be kind of like a masters cue, never exactly.. but almost. I got one and am still trying to find out who made it. So good luck to the buyer, glad I am not alone in the boat..

:p

JV

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
267   0   0
I don't think it's Adams but I would be Leary of how the seller seems pretty knowledgable about pool cues cause he lists every single spec of the cue Which u never see random sellers doing on eBay. it could just be decent cue with custom shaft like a szamboti shaft or anything and by claiming no knowledge or refund he is covered by any claims u can put on him on fleabay

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
cue

If any of you end up with something off the bay that ends up being a ripoff - you can get your money refunded by PayPal. Just claim" item not as described". One thing that intrigued me was the statement - ferrule is made of natural white material. I took this as ivory. His way around saying it.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I looked at the cue and to me the issue was GB would have never used that forearm.

IMO, at best, it was pieced together from GB parts.

I am 50 (well almost) and may miss some deals, but understand that if someone with any knowledge of cues and doesn't get someone to look at a cue in question looked at by some local expert, is a pipe dream.

Are there some great finds out there? Yep.

Is it more likely to something not up snuff? Yep again.

Ken

bdiesel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If any of you end up with something off the bay that ends up being a ripoff - you can get your money refunded by PayPal. Just claim" item not as described". One thing that intrigued me was the statement - ferrule is made of natural white material. I took this as ivory. His way around saying it.

Cant be a ripoff if it says unknown cue.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
It's pretty lame to buy something on Ebay and than claim not as described if you are taking a chance on it and it is as described or you just change your mind. It is your choice to buy it, nobody is forcing you, so why screw the seller? Eventually sellers will all use escrow and that will just add to your cost for taking advantage of PayPal. The objective is to protect the buyer in the event you really do get screwed over.

mfarrey71

CueNut71
Silver Member
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
I was in the running up to $700. Even if it wasn't a buska or a tascarella it still looks like a pretty nice cue!
I might have one made to look like that I really liked the ring above the forearm!

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
bay

I wasn't talking about screwing anyone. I was talking about if you were thinking that you were getting a vintage cue and ended up with an Adams Balabushka that was clearly not vintage. I was talking about buyers protection. Like if someone took off the markings to make a production Adams Bushka look like the real article. And if if was misrepresented to me - I would definitely have a problem with it. Ebay doesn't run on the community support that we sometimes have on here.