Introduction

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose it might be polite for me to introduce myself, rather than simply start posting. My name is Bob Johnson and I live in Denver. I logged on here a few months ago, but I don't think I've actually posted. I'm just an average player who loves everything about the game. When I say everything, I mean I love the people, the colors, the sounds, the smells, the cloth, the cues, the rooms, etc, etc. I've been a longtime poster over at RSB, or as I call it now, rec.sport.bickering. They've stopped discussing pool related subjects over there, and simply pick on each other now. Not fun anymore.

If I get out of line, offend anyone, or stray off topic, feel free to slap me across my digital face. Anyone needing info on places to play, eat, etc, in Denver, feel free to email me. I use my real name, email address, etc., though I have been questioned about my name when checking into hotels. I usually try to convince them that I'm Rolling Stone's 3rd greatest guitarist of all time, or the owner of the NY Jets. They never believe me! (I'm too light skinned to get away with being the founder of BET).

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Bob J said:
I suppose it might be polite for me to introduce myself, rather than simply start posting. My name is Bob Johnson and I live in Denver. I logged on here a few months ago, but I don't think I've actually posted. I'm just an average player who loves everything about the game. When I say everything, I mean I love the people, the colors, the sounds, the smells, the cloth, the cues, the rooms, etc, etc. I've been a longtime poster over at RSB, or as I call it now, rec.sport.bickering. They've stopped discussing pool related subjects over there, and simply pick on each other now. Not fun anymore.

If I get out of line, offend anyone, or stray off topic, feel free to slap me across my digital face. Anyone needing info on places to play, eat, etc, in Denver, feel free to email me. I use my real name, email address, etc., though I have been questioned about my name when checking into hotels. I usually try to convince them that I'm Rolling Stone's 3rd greatest guitarist of all time, or the owner of the NY Jets. They never believe me! (I'm too light skinned to get away with being the founder of BET).

Welcome to the forum, Bob, and please don't think yourself underqualified because you are only an average player. If you love the game of pool, you've come to the right place, and we all look forward to your posts.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Bob J said:

I know what you mean about RSB! I've been there for about 10 years! Seen some good and bad there but it's getting rediculous now! It's worse than ASP now.

Sherm

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuesmith said:
I know what you mean about RSB! I've been there for about 10 years! Seen some good and bad there but it's getting rediculous now! It's worse than ASP now.

Sherm

Sherm, I'm glad to see you over here! Makes it feel kind of like home.

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome aboard sir. Don't reckon as how you see too many pelicans in the Denver area. Oh well, I can make allowances for that. :D Like sjm said, don't feel bad about being average, hell there's more of us than them hotshots :eek: They pretty much leave me alone. Think they is afraid I'll eat a bunch of fish and fly over and crap on 'em :D .

Look forward to reading your postings, Pel

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome Bob! This board is not a utopia either. We've had some flame wars here too. All in all, though, I do think there are a lot of good people on this board and that's why I keep coming back.

Purdman

Banned
Welcome Bob Johnson

Great to have you aboard Bob. We got thinkers and stinkers, cue makers and cue breakers, people that throw fits and people that are nits, short ones, tall ones, fat ones too, if you love pool, this is the place for you!!!! Spill the wine, take that girl!!!! The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
Don P. :D

Frank_Glenn

Old Retired Guy
Silver Member
cuesmith said:

Sherm

Hi Bob, and Sherm,
I gave up on ASP a long while back (over a year ago). I'm about to do the same with RSB. The forums are moderated, so they aren't nearly as bad. You will find some friends already here, enjoy.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome aboard Bob. Like they said, there are a few flamers here. But there are a lot of great people on this board, who understand that everyone don't carry the same opinions. Sam

bill190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently started using this forum for the same reasons.

I have noticed the the "sillyness/flame" levels of Usenet will increase in the summer, then decline in the fall. Usually when High School is back in session! :)

break2win

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob J said:

Hey Bob,
I don't blame you for getting out of that bickering crap on RSB. I mostly only
lurk but even that has gotten old because of a few (you know who) posters
over there. It has gotten sickening. So I am doing the same as you but I will be just reading the post over here from now on. I think there will be a lot of followers. I hope those few (bickerers) don't tag along. I just enjoy the post about pool too...
Mick Storey
Lyons , Colorado

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
QUOTE Hey Bob,
I don't blame you for getting out of that bickering crap on RSB. I mostly only
lurk but even that has gotten old because of a few (you know who) posters
over there. It has gotten sickening. So I am doing the same as you but I will be just reading the post over here from now on. I think there will be a lot of followers. I hope those few (bickerers) don't tag along. I just enjoy the post about pool too...
Mick Storey
Lyons , Colorado[/QUOTE]

Mick, I checked back in over there this morning and there hasn't been a pool related post in the last 24 hours. The same "players" and a couple of relatively new ones are busy going at each other. RSB now looks and "sounds" just like ASP. The shame of it is that there has been a lot of solid knowledge and skill imparted over there the past few years. I'm afraid those days are over. Oh well, enough of that. This might just be considered off topic over here!

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Hello Bob, we all hope you are a tall person, because every forum appreciates a big johnson. I think you will find plenty of flame wars here as elsewhere, but hopefully fewer, with some excellent pool expertise mixed in (not mine). Welcome to AZ where all the posters are above average.

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob J said:

Welcome to the forum Bob, I'm sure you'll be pleased with this forum as it's the best out there on the net, Mike has put in alot of hard work to make this forum as good as it is. I'm sorry to hear about RSB, I don't go there but the same thing happened in the matchroomsport forum, fortunately everybody was able to settle things like responsible adults.

Happy posting,

Chris

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
Welcome Bob, and enjoy. I'm very fortunate to have chosen the AZ forum to be my first forum. I've been on here for a couple of months now and have had no problems whatsoever.

Bob J

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum Bob, I'm sure you'll be pleased with this forum as it's the best out there on the net, Mike has put in alot of hard work to make this forum as good as it is. I'm sorry to hear about RSB, I don't go there but the same thing happened in the matchroomsport forum, fortunately everybody was able to settle things like responsible adults.

Happy posting,

Chris

Unfortunately, I don't think RSB can survive the current "onslaught" and still resemble a serious pool newsgroup. ASP finally gave up and simply accepted that it would be generally pool related, but anything else was OK. RSB has simply become a bickering board for a few posters that seem to enjoy just going after each other, no topic necessary. It really is sad, may RSB RIP! ;>(
Jim Meador would not be happy if he could see what has happened.

Steve Ellis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm here too.

Hi Bob,
You'll find me here too, but I generally just lurk. I find it much more difficult to keep up with posting here on AZ without a good news reader like Agent. You've got to constantly monitor it to keep up, so I just generally read whatever is sitting there when I look and don't post much.

I still like to monitor rsb and post there, I'm not completely disgusted as you are, I just blow off certain threads.

Steve Ellis. <== Hopes he didn't contribute to your leaving rsb.