IPT about to release statement.....

cheesemouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IPT about to release statement......it is rumored the statement will be an admission that they simply can't overcome the amazing negativity of a select group of jello eating railbirds who's relentless harping misinformation and mindless rumor mongering have left the IPT no other options: they will be forced to forget the 'dream' and fold their tents. "The influence of these negative AZ forum posters has force us to give up the ghosts. It is regretful but we had to face the writing on the wall. Without the support of these few 'negs' we just can't see how we can make a go of it...we drastically underestimated these jello eaters power and influence in the pool world....Oh well, we gave it a shot....Sorry man."......this information was passed to me by someone really really in the know.....LOL

jjinfla

Banned
Sorry Cheesemouse I was almost going to believe in you but you do not pass the Purdman test for ligitimacy. You do not have 350 posts. Keep plugging away. However, keep in mind that Purdman is from the same school that KT is from and as you approach that magic number of 350 I would have to believe that Purdman will raise that number to 500.

Jake

Purdman

Banned
jjinfla said:
Sorry Cheesemouse I was almost going to believe in you but you do not pass the Purdman test for ligitimacy. You do not have 350 posts. Keep plugging away. However, keep in mind that Purdman is from the same school that KT is from and as you approach that magic number of 350 I would have to believe that Purdman will raise that number to 500.

Jake

WOW, I got a mention!!!
Purdman:D

sidepocketkid

Registered
I heard that the IPT is going to send checks out to all the negative people right after the players get their checks, in hope of buying loyality so they won't have to fold the tour!

This select group of narrow minded, tunnel visioned, "nay" sayers are holding the IPT back, and KT is going to be forced to spend years on the couch in theropy to recover!

In fact... I;m switching sides! Down with the IPT!!!! I'm jumping ship and going over to the "nay" sayers side! I cant wait to see what kind of tour they are planning on backing to replace the IPT!

I bet it'll be great! All puppy dogs and ice cream cones on the negative peoples tour!

The NPT!

Sign me up!

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
There's too many negative waves here, Man...I need my electromagnetic negative wave eliminator....
________

Last edited:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
sidepocketkid said:
I heard that the IPT is going to send checks out to all the negative people right after the players get their checks, in hope of buying loyality so they won't have to fold the tour!

This select group of narrow minded, tunnel visioned, "nay" sayers are holding the IPT back, and KT is going to be forced to spend years on the couch in theropy to recover!

In fact... I;m switching sides! Down with the IPT!!!! I'm jumping ship and going over to the "nay" sayers side! I cant wait to see what kind of tour they are planning on backing to replace the IPT!

I bet it'll be great! All puppy dogs and ice cream cones on the negative peoples tour!

The NPT!

Sign me up!

Hey, you might be on to something, the NPT (Non Payment Tour). Sounds a lot like the IPT. I want to start a tour just like the IPT except I wanna keep all the qualifier revenue from the FIRST tourney and pay nobody! This sounds a lot smarter since nobody is saying that KT can actually get into trouble for not paying everyone what he promised. From a legal standpoint, can someone tell me the ramifications if the tour just folds the tents right now?

Marvel

Marvel - The Yogi Bear
Silver Member
jjinfla said:

Jake

Hey!

Purdman gave me discount!

I believe he said he wont take me seriously(and nobody else will either) before I'll reach 300 post yard line.

Is Purdman the one who decides about things here?

He said he has my number. What does he mean?

Or did he say he's watching me... ...I can't remember, something scary anyway, I'm scared of authorities..

Marvel

Marvel - The Yogi Bear
Silver Member
sidepocketkid said:

The NPT!

Sign me up!

Yeah!

These negative people really must be great personalities. I'm sure they have lot's of fun. I'm sad that I ever opened my mouth, cos now I'm scared they will never accept me into their groups.

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:
Hey, you might be on to something, the NPT (Non Payment Tour)....... From a legal standpoint, can someone tell me the ramifications if the tour just folds the tents right now?

Unlikely that anyone can tell you the outcome of that hypothetical scenario with any confidence as no-one knows exactly what the ownership/funding structure of IPT is.

However,a fair guess would be that individual players or companies owed money would have to go to the courts to obtain a judgement,paying all their own legal expenses to do so,with the very posible end result of recieving a favourable judgement against an organisation which has no tangible assets from which to pay the awarded amount.Getting a judgement is one thing,getting any money is quite another.

It is inconceivable that a company such as IPT will have been structured in any way which exposes any individual's personal assets to potential attachment by the courts.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
memikey said:
Unlikely that anyone can tell you the outcome of that hypothetical scenario with any confidence as no-one knows exactly what the ownership/funding structure of IPT is.

However,a fair guess would be that individual players or companies owed money would have to go to the courts to obtain a judgement,paying all their own legal expenses to do so,with the very posible end result of recieving a favourable judgement against an organisation which has no tangible assets from which to pay the awarded amount.Getting a judgement is one thing,getting any money is quite another.

It is inconceivable that a company such as IPT will have been structured in any way which exposes any individual's personal assets to potential attachment by the courts.

There will be no judgment in the favor of any player. The players have nothing except a verbal commitment from Kevin Trudeau. The IPT is a business entity and has made no promises to the players. There is nothing in writing. As it stands right now, there isn't anything set up that protects the players legally. Nothing. This means that if the IPT went away tomorrow, there is very little that could be done by anybody. If realizing that and pointing it out makes me a negative naysayer, so be it. Its the truth. Unless any of this changes, the players have no leverage or legal recourse whatsoever.

As far as the payments for Reno. I think its ridiculous to have the players wait this long, but I do think that they will be paid eventually. I think all the discussion about it is a bit much. I think the real issue is the fact that this tour has lost momentum. To get it back they need to back up and reasses their strategy. They can start by making amends with the rest of the international billiards community instead of walking around with their nose in the air. There are many people that have the ability to assist and guide them in the right direction if they want this tour to grow.

What is at stake is pool's future, not just the IPT. I do not wish this tour to fail. I hope it makes some changes (for the player's sake), but I have too many friends in the IPT to say something or feel something so cold. There is more to the pocket billiards community than this tour and its 150 players. There is our industry, table and cue manufacturers, leagues, players, regional tours, fans, all can be affected by the failure of this tour. That's not being negative, that's called seeing the big picture. Some of you can't see beyond the prize money. I have said for years that for a pro tour to be successful, money is not the only ingredient necessary. The entire industry has to work as a cohesive unit. At the moment the IPT does not offer that, in fact they are going in the opposite direction by excluding themselves from the rest of the billiards community. If they continue in that direction they will suffer the same fate as those that came before them. Is that doom and gloom? No. I call it "realistic analysis".

Last edited:

Purdman

Banned
jjinfla said:

Jake

Jake, you been around awhile and I think you honestly believe what you type. I along with you hope this whole thing works out. It just doesn't look to good right now. The nimber was 300 Jake, not 350 and I would not change it. If KT had gone to the same school as I did, he probably wouldn't be around today. We did not put up with snot nosed liers and thieves.
Purdman:cool:

jjinfla

Banned
Truth be known Purdman there are a lot of con men in this world. I am so skeptical that if someone looks me in the eye and has a smile on his face I am protecting my wallet.

I have enjoyed the IPT so far. It has been very good for me. I got to see some pretty good players play some pretty good pool. So I am way ahead of the game.

I believe that Blackjack is right in that the players will have no recourse if the IPT fails, but that is true in many companies. And how many of them would even have the money to hire an attorney. What attorney would want to bother with the case if there was no money in it for him. Pro bono only works on TV.

But, will the IPT fail? Will the players get paid? Will there be a Chicago event? Will there be a 2007 season? It is all up in the air.

When I looked at the IPT and saw that all the money was coming from one person I figured not much chance of success unless he could somehow generate income. If he gets TV contracts then it could fly. But I have no inside info other than what I read here.

Then on the other hand I looked at some of the players who willingly joined the IPT. Charlie Williams being the prime one. Surely with all his experience in running the UPA and Dragon Enterprises he had a lot more inside info than I had. And I am sure he had his attorney look into it. And after that he still joined the tour.

Then there is Alan Hopkins. He too has had a lot of exprience in running pool events. I am sure he too didn't just willy-nilly join the tour but looked into it and after that he joined it.

How about Johnny Archer? He too joined. Did he look into it? Or just join blindly. How many people followed his lead?

And Nick Varner. Now Nick and Mike Sigel go back a long way so if anyone knows about what is going on in the IPT I would say it would be Nick Varner. Surely he is on a first name basis with Mike Sigel. And Mike Sigel is most likely the prime mover for getting KT involved in this tour. How many people believed in Nick and Mike?

Then there are the sponsors. Diamond tables is providing tables. Is that purely a business deal? Or did he look into the IPT before signing a contract. Surely he received payment for providing the tables.

Then there are the people from all of the magazines who are reporting on the IPT. Nothing negative from any of them. In fact we get glowing reports from them.

So if all of these people, all knowledgeable about running tours, all people who without their participation in the tour the tour would never have gotten off the ground, accepted the concept of the IPT then if it fails we would have to think they were all in on a conspiracy to defraud the rest of the pool players.

Unfortunately, before we jump to that conclusion we have to look at the money. Where is the money coming from? Who is losing money? Right now the only one losing money is KT. The first players selected to the tour sure didn't lose any money. So if the IPT fails the only one KT really stuck was KT.

Then again, what happens if next week the players start receiving their checks from Reno?

All is forgiven and we look forward to Chicago.

Jake

Last edited:

grisbe

Registered
Let's be clear that people being stiffed is not hypothetical. Some of us have been owed money for months, and have given up any hope of being paid. I've been owed about $1,000 since march and have about ten emails, going back to March, from the IPT promising that the check is on the way. Am I being a "doubter" or "negative"? Do you really think that I'll be paid? I don't.

And if some or all the Reno players get paid, what then? I will still have been stiffed. Does that make the IPT OK for stiffing just some but not all of us? I think not.

professorpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is easy for some of those names you mentioned to join, they were risking little.

It was better to be in than left out.