Allen Hopkins uses to play with a Prather, 13mm, 19oz
He is breaking with a Huebler
Jack Justice case

T

Timberly

rackmsuckr said:
This is from Mike Cernero, no relation to Bernie :rolleyes:

<snip>

PS: anyone looking to split the cost of a suite on or off site from check in 7/20 to late night 7/30?
OMG, now I'm in tears.... Bernies post was just an appetizer!! If ever there were two people that were destined to be roommates & road buddies... it's Mike & Bernie. L O f'n L :D

skins said:
shawn putnam:

1 of 1 josey custom cue
With a Tiger shaft and an Instroke case ;) The name of the break cue he uses escapes me, but it's not a Josey.

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
List to Date.
I've put in the players surnames as suggested in a previous post.

Daniel:D

Cues
Bear-4(Bustamante, Klasovic, Peach, Putnik)
Bobby Hunter-4(Bobby Hunter, Chohan, Laurance, Schmidt)
Mike Bender-1(Cernero)
Cognoscenti-1(Petroni)
Corey Deuel-1(Czetli)
Cuetec-2(Fisher.A, Strickland)
Dave Jones-1(Zimmerman)
Dishaw-1(Franken)
Dufferin-1(Miller)
Falcon-1(Corr)
Fury-1(Morris)
Gina-1(Sakai)
Mike Guluassy-1(Frank)
Jacoby-1(Santl)
Jian Ying-1(Colenso)
JPechauer-1(Di Toro)
Josey-2(Frank, Putnam)
Joss-1(Souquet)
Judd Fuller-3(Brienza, Thornfeldt, Webb)
Longoni-1(Feijen)
Lucasi-1(Ellerby)
Mali-2(Butera.S, Friend)
Mezz-1(Immonen)
Mike Stacy-1(Jones.T)
Muecci-3(Jones. L, Jones. S, Rempe)
Musashi-1(Van den Berg)
Nick Varner-1(Nick Varner)
Nitti-1(Catledge)
Paul Drexler-1(Manalo)
Prather -1(Hopkins)
Predator-4(Alvarez, Gonzalez, Hofstatter, Lely)
Rick Howard-1(Breedlove)
Roger Pettit-1(Zimmerman)
Scruggs-1(Mathews)
Szamboti-1(Davenport, Morris)
Schon-2(Pagulyan, Salvas)
Scorpion-1(Archer)
SouthWest-1(Kennedy)
Tad Custom-1(Dominguez)
Thierry Chevron-2(Amine, Facquet)
Viking-1(Carter)
Willeecue-1(McCready)
Widowmaker-1(Acosta)

Shafts
Capone Jnr-1(Friend)
Predator Not Stated-6(Hundal, Gonzalez, Hofstatter, Lely, Manalo, Peach)
Predator 314-4(Catledge, Pagulyan, Sakai, Souquet)
Predator Z-1(Alvarez)
Schon-1(Miller)
Universal Smart Shaft-1(Ellerby)
Webb Custom-1(McCready)

Break Cue
Dennis Searing-1(Di Toro)
Huebler-1(Hopkins)
Judd Fuller-1(Brienza)
Lancaster-1(Laurance)
Lucasi-1(Ellerby)
Mace break-1(Schmidt)
Mali-1(Friend)
Mezz-1(Czetli)
McWorter, Park-1(Dominguez)
Parrot-1(McCready)
Predator-6(Alvarez, Franken, Lely, Petroni, Pagulyan, Salvas)
Scruggs-1(Jones,T)
Sledghammer-3(Acosta, Alvarez, Souquet)
Stinger-1(Mathews)
Tiger-1(Putnam)
X-Break-1(Klasovic)

PoolSleuth

Banned
Captain Dan said:
List to Date.
I've put in the players surnames as suggested in a previous post.

Cues
Bear-4(Bustamante, Klasovic, Peach, Putnik)
Bobby Hunter-4(Bobby Hunter, Chohan, Laurance, Schmidt)
Mike Bender-1(Cernero)
Cognoscenti-1(Petroni)
Corey Deuel-1(Czetli)
Cuetec-2(Fisher.A, Strickland)
Dave Jones-1(Zimmerman)
Dishaw-1(Franken)
Dufferin-1(Miller)
Falcon-1(Corr)
Fury-1(Morris)
Gina-1(Sakai)
Mike Guluassy-1(Frank)
Jacoby-1(Santl)
Jian Ying-1(Colenso)
JPechauer-1(Di Toro)
Josey-2(Frank, Putnam)
Joss-1(Souquet)
Judd Fuller-3(Brienza, Thornfeldt, Webb)
Longoni-1(Feijen)
Lucasi-1(Ellerby)
Mali-2(Butera.S, Friend)
Mezz-1(Immonen)
Mike Stacy-1(Jones.T)
Muecci-3(Jones. L, Jones. S, Rempe)
Musashi-1(Van den Berg)
Nick Varner-1(Nick Varner)
Nitti-1(Catledge)
Paul Drexler-1(Manalo)
Prather -1(Hopkins)
Predator-4(Alvarez, Gonzalez, Hofstatter, Lely)
Rick Howard-1(Breedlove)
Roger Pettit-1(Zimmerman)
Scruggs-1(Mathews)
Szamboti-1(Davenport, Morris)
Schon-2(Pagulyan, Salvas)
Scorpion-1(Archer)
SouthWest-1(Kennedy)
Tad Custom-1(Dominguez)
Thierry Chevron-2(Amine, Facquet)
Viking-1(Carter)
Willeecue-1(McCready)
Widowmaker-1(Acosta)

Shafts
Capone Jnr-1(Friend)
Predator Z-1(Alvarez)
Schon-1(Miller)
Webb Custom-1(McCready)

Break Cue
Dennis Searing-1(Di Toro)
Huebler-1(Hopkins)
Judd Fuller-1(Brienza)
Lancaster-1(Laurance)
Lucasi-1(Ellerby)
Mace break-1(Schmidt)
Mali-1(Friend)
Mezz-1(Czetli)
McWorter, Park-1(Dominguez)
Parrot-1(McCready)
Predator-6(Alvarez, Franken, Lely, Petroni, Pagulyan, Salvas)
Scruggs-1(Jones,T)
Sledghammer-3(Acosta, Alvarez, Souquet)
Stinger-1(Mathews)
Tiger-1(Putnam)
X-Break-1(Klasovic)

Very Intresting List, and if I could get the same results as Nick varner does, I would buy one of his CUES.......:D

T

Timberly

Captain Dan said:
Shafts
Capone Jnr-1(Friend)
Predator Z-1(Alvarez)
Schon-1(Miller)
Webb Custom-1(McCready)

Break Cue
Tiger-1(Putnam)
Putnam uses a Tiger shaft, not a break cue. Tiger only has two cues & neither one of them are break cues. (not meant to be anyway) ;) I know he uses a bunjee jump cue and I think his break cue is a Bunjee jump/break.

Captain Dan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Timberley, my bad, put in in the wrong section.

Can anyone confirm if Putnam uses a Bungee jump/break?

Daniel

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"The Bull"

shoutout33 said:
rackmsuckr said:
Hi Linda,

My playing cue stick is a "JPeachhauer"
19.5 oz --- 58 inch --- 12.5 mm
The leather tips I use are made by "Tiger Products"

My break cue is a "Dennis Searing"
20.5 oz --- 59 inch --- 13.25 mm
Ok, I know this guy is a pro and he likes what he likes. But I couldn't see having only a Searing break stick and not a play stick as well. Oh well....:eek:

Well, I know this man very well also. Flew him up to Ky/Tn a few times for some action. He showed up one time without a cue! I had a Franklin era Southwest with layered tips. I don't know what brand of tips, but this cue hit better then any I have ever owned. He had the tips removed(both shafts) and replaced with LePros! I think the world of the guy, but sometimes pool players are a strange breed.:eek:

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Hi Linda

Sorry it took so long to respond.

I use an 18 ounce Predator 2 & an 18 ounce Stinger break cue. Both are standard in length.

The P2 has a 12 & 3/4 mm shaft and the Stinger a 13 mm shaft.

I also have a beautiful Jim Murnak case. I hope that this info is helpful to you.

I look forward to seeing you and your husband in Las Vegas.

Take care and God Bless.

Sincerely,
Tony Robles

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Predator

Do you think most of the people using Predator are being paid or recieving some kind of kick back?:confused:

T

Timberly

Nineballchamp said:
Do you think most of the people using Predator are being paid or recieving some kind of kick back?:confused:
If you see a player wearing a Predator patch, they're probably getting a free shaft and/or cue..... Tiger does the same thing... most players wearing the patches are playing with a free x shaft or free Tiger tips.

I don't know that Predator gives any players a money sponsorship. If they do, I would venture a guess that it's Charlie Williams but I don't think they do. I think it's all product sponsorship in return the player wearing their patch.

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Timberly said:
If you see a player wearing a Predator patch, they're probably getting a free shaft and/or cue..... Tiger does the same thing... most players wearing the patches are playing with a free x shaft or free Tiger tips.

I don't know that Predator gives any players a money sponsorship. If they do, I would venture a guess that it's Charlie Williams but I don't think they do. I think it's all product sponsorship in return the player wearing their patch.

Do you think they would still use them if they didnt get anything? Reading this thread makes me want to give mine another shot!!

T

Timberly

Nineballchamp said:
Do you think they would still use them if they didnt get anything? Reading this thread makes me want to give mine another shot!!
If a player isn't sponsored (money or product) they use what they're comfortable with just like any of us. Whatever cue, shaft, tip, etc feels best to them.

I know that Pam Treadway & Shawn Putnam both used Tiger shafts long before they were sponsored by them simply because they liked the product.

Mike Davis isn't sponsored by Predator but he chooses to use a predator shaft.

When it comes to cue sponsorship the player will still do what they can to use what they're comfortable with. Pam was already using Tiger shafts when Eurowest approached her with a sponsorship offer. Eurowest was willing to work with her on this and provided her with a cue fitted with a Tiger shaft.

The best thing you can do for your game is to go with what you're comfortable with. People constantly talk about how "whippy" Meucci shafts are & they joke about it. Whippy or not, there are some folks out there that like that kind of hit and play well with it.

srs314

shooterville.com
Predator?

Nineballchamp said:

One thing I can tell you about Alex is that he has been using at least Predator shafts before he would have been getting them as a product sponsorship.

He has had many custom cues offered to him for free and has stuck with his Schon & Predator 314 Shaft.

I know that a couple years ago when I watched the BCA Pro 9-Ball event in Las Vegas Predator was launching their BK Break Cue. I heard rumor that many players were given them.

As far as your question about predator if you should give it another shot I would say to find what works for you, what shaft gives you confidence and stick with it. I would argue that the best shaft has nothing to do with little deflection but more with what your used to.

Inevitably over time you will learn how the shaft reacts to different hits so I think picking a shaft and sticking with it in the long run is the best advice.

I feel that the consistency of the hit from one predator 314 to another is better but these are just my opinions.

I play with the shaft that came with my Jensen Cue (billiard taper to about 12.25) but it hits very close to a predator as far as deflection is concerned and if left with out my shaft or cue I can pick up a predator and not feel uncomfortable.

Hope this helps!

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Need a 5/16 14 butt

I did have alot more cofidence with it. I switched to an Ivory joint with Ivory ferrul based on a "wold beater" in my area. I thought I liked it at first, but now I have come to compensate for extream difflection. I have had extream difficulty ajusting to my ordinary 3/8 10 pin with normal ferrul now. I have hid some with a friends Richard Black with a steel joint and loved it. I have never played with a steel jointed cue for any lenth of time though. I have to get a new set up and stick with it. Changeing cues is hurting my game and pockets (action and cost of switching).

X Breaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Captain Dan said:
Below is a interim list of Cues used by the players in the 2006 IPT Tour, as given in is thread.

Also listed is the shaft if type supplied, and break cue.

Lots of variety here, but in cues, 5 have come to the front, being Bear, Bobby Hunter, Judd Fuller, Muecci & Predator, with Predator shafts clearly in the lead.

Hope people are enjoying the thread,

Cues
Bear Cue-4
Mike Bender-1
Cognoscenti-1
Cuetec-2
Dave Jones-1
Falcon-1
Gina-1
Bobby Hunter-4
Jacoby-1
Jian Ying-1
JPechauer-1
Joss-1
Judd Fuller-4
Longoni-1
Lucasi-1
Mali-1
Muecci-3
Musashi-1
Nick Varner-1
Nitti-1
Predator-3
Roger Pettit-1
Scorpion-1
Tad Custom Cue-1
Thierry Chevron-2
Viking-1
Willeecue-1
Widowmaker-1

Shafts
Predator Not Stated-1
Predator 314-4
Predator Z-1
Universal Smart Shaft-1
Webb Custom-1

Break Cue
Judd Fuller-1
Lancaster-1
Lucasi-1
Mace break-1
Mali-1
McWorter, Park-1
Parrot-1
Predator-1
Sledghammer-2
Stinger-1

I really enjoy this thread, thank you.

I hope I am reading the data correctly. There are over 40 pros being interviewed so far, and 6 of them use predator product.

If I am reading the data right, then it seems to me that 85 % of the IPT pros being interviewed so far prefer to play with an original shaft or a special shaft made by another company, 15% of all the IPT pros being interviewed so far play with predator shafts, is that correct?

Some added info: Musashi has a special Musashi shaft that I believe Nick van den Berg is using. Also, I believe Mika is using a Hybrid Pro shaft from Mezz. The Musashi shaft is a 5 piece laminated shaft, and the hybird pro is a one piece maple shaft with a special core.

Thank you.

Richard

Last edited: