IPT Players Cues Survey

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Sorry, I was gone all weekend, winning a tournament. :p

Tammie, I didn't get a chance to post yours, but I am glad you got it in anyway. Here are some more replies I got over the weekend:

Dear Linda, this is the information of my equipment

Cue : DISHAW CUSTOM CUE CALAI # 3
Weight : 19.5 oz
Lenght : 58 "
Diameter : 13 mm
Tip : Moori

Case : Instroke

Break cue : Predator BK 2
Weight : 19 oz

Hope I have been you of service see you in Vegas.

With Kind Regards
Mr. Aaron Franken " Aruba"

PS - On a side note, I will post this when I get it:

Hi Linda,

I'm in Cambodia at the moment, and upon my return to the UK on the 3rd March
I will get the information to you.

Best regards,

Carl Morris

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Hello,

I am sending you this e-mail on behalf of Luc Salvas as you had requested information about his billiards equipment.

He uses a Schon 20oz pool cue with a 12.5mm moori tip for his playing cue, a predator 19oz break cue with a 12.5mm le pro tip and an instroke 3x7 cue case.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
I'm sendung you this e-mail on behalf of Andreja Klasovic.
He wants to let you know, that he's using the following equipment:

Cue: Bear
Jump/Break Cue: X-Break
Case: Bear

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
I will be getting in some new cues next month for the IPT. Since Corey
is my cue sponsor I will be playing with Corey Deuel Cues. Cues will
probably be 20 to 21oz and be standard length. I will probably have a
new break cue made for me but right now I play with a Mezz power break
that was given to me from Angel Paglia that was given to her by Mika
Immonen. If I have a break cue made for me it will probably be 25oz.
My case will probably be from Nick Varner and I also use Nick's Edge.

Aaron Czetli

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
I think Monica replied for me. Anyhow, I use a Judd
playing cue 19 oz and a Judd break cue 18 oz. Helena

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Comments ...

I find it strange that Salvas would have a 12.5 mm Le Pro tip on a BREAK cue.

Does Klasovic know about the new generation of XBreaker?

And what is a Nick Varner case? Never knew he made or endorsed cases?
And what is Nick's Edge?

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
I find it strange that Salvas would have a 12.5 mm Le Pro tip on a BREAK cue.

Does Klasovic know about the new generation of XBreaker?

And what is a Nick Varner case? Never knew he made or endorsed cases?
And what is Nick's Edge?

Beats me, I just copy and paste! I will try to get answers for you.

Linda

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Hi Linda. I doubt you'll want to use my information since I opted out of the IPT - but since it only takes a few seconds, here goes :).

Playing cue - Lambros 20.6 ounces. 13mm tip.

Break cue - Sledgehammer

Case - 2x4 Whitten

Thanks Linda... Best of luck to you on the tour! Make all of us at AZ proud!!

- Steve Lipsky

Last edited:

1-pocket-player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Wow, that's interesting that Ewa plays with a Bobby Hunter cue.

I think Tony "T-Rex" Chohan from California also shoots with a Bobby Hunter cue, which was custom-made for him. He received it at the last U.S. Open from Bobby Hunter himself. Those cues sure are pretty, and I've heard from other players who shoot with a Bobby Hunter that the cues hit really, really sweet." :p

JAM
Last I saw Tony Chohan was using a SW. He may have been borrowing it though. I know Bobby made him a cue. I think Shane Van Boening plays/played with a Kikel w/I-2 shaft. John Schmidt plays with a Bobby Hunter. This is not current it's just what I've seen these guys play with.

-Andy

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1-pocket-player said:
Last I saw Tony Chohan was using a SW. He may have been borrowing it though. I know Bobby made him a cue. I think Shane Van Boening plays/played with a Kikel w/I-2 shaft. John Schmidt plays with a Bobby Hunter. This is not current it's just what I've seen these guys play with.

-Andy

I did see Tony Chohan this past weekend right by the IPT vendor booth, and being reminded of this thread, I asked him if he was still playing with the Bobby Hunter cue that he recently acquired at the 2005 U.S. Open this past September. He confirmed that it's now his weapon of mass destruction. ;)

JAM

8-ball bernie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just wanted to add a little insight, for me anyway,
i really do not care about brand of cue, what's important to me is the balance, followed by the tip, if those two elements are good, then i'm good as well, brand name does not mean that much. i feel a cue should be love at first feel. meaning~~ if someone say's i have to "get used to" this cue, it's the WRONG cue! a cue should feel PERFECT from the MOMENT you pick it up! that's what i call perfect balance. what feels good to you, might not feel good to me, so it's very personall, you see, so to wrap it up, i do not care weather my cue is a cuetec,Mali,Mezz, or longoni, i just do not care or find an intrest in "what brand" i feel it's much much more important, to find out what tip a player chooses, and why. just my two cents. i wrote this just to give our readers insight into what i feel, i am not sponsered by Mali, in fact Mali resfuses to sign up any player! so i play with this particular Mali because it's balanced "just right" for my personal prefrence, i say if it feels right, then that's your cue regardless of brand. ok, carry on.

shoutout33

"The Emperor"
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
Hi Linda,

My playing cue stick is a "JPeachhauer"
19.5 oz --- 58 inch --- 12.5 mm
The leather tips I use are made by "Tiger Products"

My break cue is a "Dennis Searing"
20.5 oz --- 59 inch --- 13.25 mm
Ok, I know this guy is a pro and he likes what he likes. But I couldn't see having only a Searing break stick and not a play stick as well. Oh well....:eek:

srs314

shooterville.com
Alex Pagulyan

Not sure if this one has been posted yet.

Alex Pagulyan
Playing Cue: Runde Schon - R12
Playing Shaft: Predator 314
Tip: I believe is a Moori Quick (or possibly an old Moori hard)
Breaking Cue: Predator BK, not sure if he will be using the BK2 but of course the IPT only allows leather tips and the BK2 does not come with one and it's suggested not to change it.

Alex has had some high end custom cues made for him and used them but always goes back to his Schon that was given to him by his favorite player and friend Paul Thornley.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Hi, Troy Frank is currently playing with a Mike Guluassy cue, 18 oz. 12 ½ millimeter Tiger shaft, sniper tip. He will be switching to a Josey custom cue in a few months. He uses a predator case.

Krissy Frank

Executive Assistant

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Ralf Souquet

Dear Linda,

I am playing with a Joss cue made by Dan Janes (19.5 oz, 58 inches long, 12.25 mm 314 shaft with Moori or Kamui tip - I switch sometimes) and breaking with a Sledgehammer by Mike Gulyassy (18,35 oz, 58 inches long, 13mm shaft with a Buffalo tip)

I carry my cues in a Stroke Sports case and use the Q-Wiz pad to clean the shafts and seal them again. I also carry a Just-a-bridge in my case as well as many other little gadgets that would be to difficult to explain now.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Kind regards,

Ralf Souquet