Is anyone still using Ultra skin tips ?

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

This just ordered some black medium ultra skin tips. We have been currently using Triangle which I believe is still the best non Pam tip out there if you get a good one. My Son was running Kamui SS on his cue but it seemed to be glazed a lot and he was miscueing a lot. He went back to Triangle and no more miscues. You wanted to give the lam tip one more try so I ordered so me from Tom. I just wanted to see if those still using them are still playing good. Thanks

Jimmy_Betmore

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that I've tried them all but Ultra Skins mediums are the most consistent tips I've ever used. They hold their shape well and rarely if ever need scuffed.

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a ultraskin soft that i got a couple months ago. I like it. Before that I had a Kamui soft and miscued too much. I think part of it is my stroke being better lately.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ULTRA SKIN....
"STILL THE VERY BEST LAYERED TIP I HAVE USED- AND USE....
NEVER GLAZE OVER- NEVER DELAMINATE-PLAY EXTREMELY WELL WITH ALOT OF GRIP ON THE CUE BALL-
HIGHLY RECOMMEND ULTRA SKIN AND TOM HAY-
ALWAYS EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE-GREAT PRICE TOO!

Last edited:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been using the Ultra skin soft for several months on several shafts and it appears to stay softer longer than the Kamui and the Victory. Of course there is some mushrooming at first, until it takes a set. My tips are all 11.75-11.80mm. Expect less mushrooming on a 12.4-13mm tip.

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been using them for years. No issues, consistent across tips and good value.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use ultra skin soft tips- they do mushroom a bit, but as others have stated, they need almost no maintenance as far as staying consistent in their hit characteristics, they hold chalk and they grab the cue ball well, I like the way they play- the top of the tip really does not require any scuffing

Pfs896

Hello ,

This just ordered some black medium ultra skin tips. We have been currently using Triangle which I believe is still the best non Pam tip out there if you get a good one. My Son was running Kamui SS on his cue but it seemed to be glazed a lot and he was miscueing a lot. He went back to Triangle and no more miscues. You wanted to give the lam tip one more try so I ordered so me from Tom. I just wanted to see if those still using them are still playing good. Thanks
Happy with ultra skin medium so far. 5 months

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used everything from soft to the hard as hell ones on a break cue. They are great tips. Never had a bad one. I always recommend them first to people.

Cueball13

Registered
Iv used ultraskin medium and currently using a soft. No complaints here. As stated above the soft does have some mushrooming at the being but plays well for the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use black Ultraskin soft tips on several of my cues and they beat, by far, the black Kamui SS tips that were on the cues before that.

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UltraSkins........Great Tips, Great Price, Great Customer Service from Tom Hay.
I would recommend them to anyone.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
How do their hard tips play?

Do they compare to the old LePro tips?

I am looking to try one out. I ordered all soft tips in my last batch.
I've used UltraSkin hard tips for many years - couldn't be more pleased.

But I haven't tried a LePro, so I don't know the answer to that.

pj
chgo

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello ,

Yes I am using US and am totally satisficed with them. I also had Kamui SS and found myself miscuing alot.
I think you will love them.
Paul

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I play with triangles on my tournament cue but my practice cue has Ultra Skin Pro black on it.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Schmelke cue I got awhile ago came with an Ultra Skin medium and it's just fine.
When it needs to be replaced I will get a Triangle.