Is bonus ball going to be on 10' tables?

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I heard JA say that in a TAR podcast, but on the bb website they say the stadium contains 9' tables.

I myself think bb on 9' tables will be too easy for the guys they have signed. 15 balls in a break and shoot format? Even with only three pockets this seems too easy to me for them to accomplish. what do you guys think?
 
Its on 9 footers.

It was originally going to be on 10 footers, and you can hear the commentators even "pretend" the first practice match on their site was 10 footers, but it was really a 9 footer.
 
It all depends on what your goal is.

Help the individual pro who's shooting best? Or help grow the game of bonus ball so it becomes a success in general, maybe gets on TV?

If the first one is your goal, then yes, bigger tables or tighter pockets help whoever shoots the straightest that day.

But if you want to make a fast-paced exciting game that the public enjoys watching, leave the table alone. Seeing pros miss doesn't do anything for the spectator.

A common bonus ball criticism is that it's a completely different game that the general public can't relate to. But if someone likes BB and wants to try it at their local pool room, they can 'fake it' using stripes and solids and maybe a shotclock app built into their phone.

But if you move it to a ten foot table you have a game nobody knows, using balls nobody has, on a table you can't find anywhere.

Personally, I hate that the pool world is already fractured between barbox play and 9-footers. There's an 8-foot size that gets largely ignored as well. We don't need to add a fourth size to the mix by trying to make the 10-foot gimmick table a new standard for all pro-level play.
 
It all depends on what your goal is.

Help the individual pro who's shooting best? Or help grow the game of bonus ball so it becomes a success in general, maybe gets on TV?

If the first one is your goal, then yes, bigger tables or tighter pockets help whoever shoots the straightest that day.

But if you want to make a fast-paced exciting game that the public enjoys watching, leave the table alone. Seeing pros miss doesn't do anything for the spectator.

A common bonus ball criticism is that it's a completely different game that the general public can't relate to. But if someone likes BB and wants to try it at their local pool room, they can 'fake it' using stripes and solids and maybe a shotclock app built into their phone.

But if you move it to a ten foot table you have a game nobody knows, using balls nobody has, on a table you can't find anywhere.

Personally, I hate that the pool world is already fractured between barbox play and 9-footers. There's an 8-foot size that gets largely ignored as well. We don't need to add a fourth size to the mix by trying to make the 10-foot gimmick table a new standard for all pro-level play.

Agree. I also don't think we need a new pool game either, but what do I know???
 
What in the hell is bonus ball?

Eddie,

I'm not far behind you on this one. Spent over an hour watching three of the pro players practice. I was completely confused. Even the players stopped each other with comments about which ball to play next and into which pocket. If I'm confused, how can BB make it as a game for the masses to watch? To me it's Bogus Ball.

Lyn
 
I think Bonus Ball is just as good a game on a nine footer as on a ten footer. Looking forward to checking it out.
 
I thought I heard JA say that in a TAR podcast, but on the bb website they say the stadium contains 9' tables.

I myself think bb on 9' tables will be too easy for the guys they have signed. 15 balls in a break and shoot format? Even with only three pockets this seems too easy to me for them to accomplish. what do you guys think?

It is only 9 balls not 15. 4 Purple, 4 Orange & the bonus ball.
 
Back
Top