Is cheating apart of pool/sports?

tryin2playagain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just going to vent and let everyone voice there opinion. I was able to witness someone flat out cheat while I was playing in a tournament. I dont want to get into how he/she cheated or whether it was right or wrong. It was flat out wrong and it was a disgusting move to gain a huge advantage.
Is this what pool/sports has come too? Who can get away with the most? We can probably name a move in just about any sport.. the flop (nba), framing a pitch (baseball), ect, ect, ect.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never done it, but I have seen coke do wonders for a players game.

I have done every roid in the world, loved it, made body building much more fun, i was careful and never over did it, did regular blood work and have not had any problems from using roids. I was always scared of coke, and other drugs.

hoseboss

Banned
I am just going to vent and let everyone voice there opinion. I was able to witness someone flat out cheat while I was playing in a tournament. I dont want to get into how he/she cheated or whether it was right or wrong. It was flat out wrong and it was a disgusting move to gain a huge advantage.
Is this what pool/sports has come too? Who can get away with the most? We can probably name a move in just about any sport.. the flop (nba), framing a pitch (baseball), ect, ect, ect.

it hasnt come to this, its always been this way. :eek::eek::eek:

jonesy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people say if your not cheating your not trying. Im not saying I agree but people say it.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Cheating is not cool. Over time it can cause a person to become an asshole.
Cheat the wrong people and you can become a dead asshole. :smile:

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Cheats and Chong

It's life across the board. Cheats are EVERYWHERE, the more ya know the more ya travel, the more people you meet in life the More Cheats you'll meet.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I wouldn`t call framing a pitch cheating. The strike zone is just a figment of each umpire`s imagination as it is.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Share the Move

I think you should share the move so the readers can each decide if they think it is a Cheat. I've seen somethings but they are not cheats just missed by the players. Were they intentional over looked?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
People Cheat on their Income Tax Return, so are you surprised when Pool Player CHEAT. Ever have a totally honest dealing with a CAR SALESMEN? I think not.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Catching people cheating on you, you're hanging with the wrong crowd.
If people cheat at pool, it isn't the only part of their life that they cheat at. They will cheat on their wife, at cards, and duck their debts. Character surfaces well, so pay attention and choose your friends carefully.
The old saying is true "Birds of a feather, flock together."
As Tramp Steamer said, cheating can be a hazardous activity.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think that committing a bigger crime to punish a smaller crime is never a wise move, in any situation. A eye or a eye is cool; but a eye for a tooth is too much.

So killing a cheater in a bit much, and over the top. There are ways to deal with cheaters than murdering them.

justa thought:)

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Funny thing about major sports is that they all lie and cheat. Watching an NBA, NFL, soccer game. Constantly trying to convince the refs they were fouled when they weren't or that they didn't foul when they did. That wouldn't fly in pool. There are a few people in my area that act like that and I avoid them. Funny how pool had a stigma of cheating but it's much more honest then major sports.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Catching people cheating on you, you're hanging with the wrong crowd.
If people cheat at pool, it isn't the only part of their life that they cheat at. They will cheat on their wife, at cards, and duck their debts. Character surfaces well, so pay attention and choose your friends carefully.
The old saying is true "Birds of a feather, flock together."
As Tramp Steamer said, cheating can be a hazardous activity.

When did he say he was hanging out/friends with this person?
Do you only gamble with your friends?
I only gamble with people who are not my friends for the most part

kntbeach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people cheat just to cheat. I try in pool to up my focus and beat them bad when they cheat. For some it is the only way they can win, to bad.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You always need to be on guard against this kind of behavior. As someone else said, I have seldom gambled with friends, I've never been able to bear down on them like I could acquaintances, or people not close friends. I've seen people do things unintentionally and I've been cheated on. It's best to make everything perfectly clear before starting, even if only just for table time.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
The question is not what has pool or sports come to.

It is what has mankind come to.

Either a person has morals & will not cheat at anything or they don't & will basically cheat at anything when it is to their advantage.

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
I think you should share the move so the readers can each decide if they think it is a Cheat. I've seen somethings but they are not cheats just missed by the players. Were they intentional over looked?

Agreed...

cheating-1ffz.jpg