Is It CTE or ETC? It Doesn't Matter

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
…an even better idea than above would be for YOU to do a VIDEO while at the table and putting it into action.
So those who know the system won’t answer simple questions, but those who “know nothing!” should video themselves explaining the system.

lol

I see your grasp of logic is as firm as ever.

pj
chgo

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So those who know the system won’t answer simple questions, but those who “know nothing!” should video themselves explaining the system.

lol

pj
chgo
You've had 25 years of study and experience with CTE since first attacking Hal and straight through to today. That is in fact a good bit longer than when I first learned about CTE.

You have to know the system inside and out to knock the system, one would think. You do, don't you?

So, are you saying you don't know Jack Sheet about CTE but still attack and knock it?

You do know there's something called the Truth Series videos explaining everything on youtube, don't you?
Best thing is it's FREE! Use it!! Better yet, get a life.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

lol

pj
chgo
It's pretty good logic actually.
Why does someone who admittedly knows nothing speak against something for over 25 years?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blame the side that actually knows what they are talking about”.

You are apparently completely unaware that statements like that literally sound like an elementary kid. Who cares? Why do you get so worked up by some diilweed on the web that doesn’t think CTE works, or asks annoying questions? The only conclusion is that you are way too emotionally attached. This type of bizarre, self aggrandizing passion along with the mystical barn stores is part of what makes you guys look like a cult. I find myself wondering if Stan isn’t quietly cringing if he see any of these threads. Honestly the best thing you could possibly do for CTE, is just stop posting.

If it makes you feel any better, I have fun making fun of the idiots who argue endlessly with you also. Together, you guys all make up a little collection of AZB aiming thread nutters, that after 20 some years I think most normal people have just learned to ignore, very much like the NPR forum.

To be fair, the first post of this thread was useful, I’d never heard of the book “Aiming On The Cutting Edge" by Todd Leveck, it sounds interesting, I’ll look into it.

✌️
What makes you think i got worked up over some dillweed posting in the web.

phreaticus

What makes you think i got worked up over some dillweed posting in the web.
Because you post the same responses to the same silly comments and exhortations from dillweed over and over and over for literally decades, usually with liberal use of all caps and lots of extra punctuation marks. And your only response to Brian's intelligent comments - are snide dismissals, and you you ass-u-me-d that I was taking pot shots at CTE by simply pointing out the obvious, when it came to discussion of other aspects of "visual intelligence".

In other words you're a silly whiny bitch that is equally immature and obsessed with being "right", but the major difference I see - is that the vocal CTE cheerleader squad has chains that are exceedingly easy & fun to yank on. All one has to do is say "CTE sucks" and you guys go frothy apoplectic for 10+ pages... rinse lather repeat - for decades?

Also, there is the larger issue that what Patrick is mostly pointing out is indeed fair criticism, and has never been credibly addressed - which is that some/most/all of the vocal CTE tribe (at least the ones that post here) are absolutely convinced that there is some magical/mystical properties of Stan's official version(s) of CTE that takes one perfectly objectively to the shotline, and that subjective assessment & fine tuning of angles, visuals, etc - is not a part of CTE. If you guys did actually understand some things about proprioception/kinestheology aspects of modern visual cognitive sports science (or at least be interested in looking into it) you might be more capable of understanding for yourselves and explaining to others how and why CTE works, as well as integrating with flavors of CTE and aiming systems that others are already using, and feel more comfortable with. Unfortunately, this type of attitude is completely missing from the CTE world, and Stan's newer book doesn't go anywhere near there either. I think this is what Brian is gently trying to do, and it's safe to say his content and tone is much more respectful and well received than anything I see from the CTE guys.

Maybe take a tip from the JB Cases dude that used to post bat shit crazy CTE epistles on here also. He and others on both sides of the "great debate" no longer participate in these nutty pro/con CTE threads, which is a signal that he's wiser, has grown, and realizes there is just no need for all the conflict, proselytizing and that that crap significantly deters anyone that may have a genuine interest towards investigating and working with CTE concepts.

I'm not sure why I bothered to write all this (other from the fact that its more fun than the mind numbing work meeting I'm in right now), but I hope you can take it in the spirit intended.

Cheers

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
P
Because you post the same responses to the same silly comments and exhortations from dillweed over and over and over for literally decades, usually with liberal use of all caps and lots of extra punctuation marks. And your only response to Brian's intelligent comments - are snide dismissals, and you you ass-u-me-d that I was taking pot shots at CTE by simply pointing out the obvious, when it came to discussion of other aspects of "visual intelligence".

In other words you're a silly whiny bitch that is equally immature and obsessed with being "right", but the major difference I see - is that the vocal CTE cheerleader squad has chains that are exceedingly easy & fun to yank on. All one has to do is say "CTE sucks" and you guys go frothy apoplectic for 10+ pages... rinse lather repeat - for decades?

Also, there is the larger issue that what Patrick is mostly pointing out is indeed fair criticism, and has never been credibly addressed - which is that some/most/all of the vocal CTE tribe (at least the ones that post here) are absolutely convinced that there is some magical/mystical properties of Stan's official version(s) of CTE that takes one perfectly objectively to the shotline, and that subjective assessment & fine tuning of angles, visuals, etc - is not a part of CTE. If you guys did actually understand some things about proprioception/kinestheology aspects of modern visual cognitive sports science (or at least be interested in looking into it) you might be more capable of understanding for yourselves and explaining to others how and why CTE works, as well as integrating with flavors of CTE and aiming systems that others are already using, and feel more comfortable with. Unfortunately, this type of attitude is completely missing from the CTE world, and Stan's newer book doesn't go anywhere near there either. I think this is what Brian is gently trying to do, and it's safe to say his content and tone is much more respectful and well received than anything I see from the CTE guys.

Maybe take a tip from the JB Cases dude that used to post bat shit crazy CTE epistles on here also. He and others on both sides of the "great debate" no longer participate in these nutty pro/con CTE threads, which is a signal that he's wiser, has grown, and realizes there is just no need for all the conflict, proselytizing and that that crap significantly deters anyone that may have a genuine interest towards investigating and working with CTE concepts.

I'm not sure why I bothered to write all this (other from the fact that its more fun than the mind numbing work meeting I'm in right now), but I hope you can take it in the spirit intended.

Cheers
Pretty sure you got the wrong guy. I very seldom use caps and punctuation marks aren’t really my thing. And Brian and I are friends, don’t think I dismissed anything he posted.

phreaticus

P

Pretty sure you got the wrong guy. I very seldom use caps and punctuation marks aren’t really my thing. And Brian and I are friends, don’t think I dismissed anything he posted.
Ok, maybe it was Spidey, basically you guys are like the wonder twins that activate and show up with the same repetitive BS over & over. I think you very well understand my larger point, but maybe not. I'm fine with that, cheers.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Why does someone who admittedly knows nothing speak against something for over 25 years?
Why does somebody who supposedly knows everything refuse to educate him?

And, by the way, the only thing I’ve spoken against is the illogical claims of CTE’s supposed magical ability to work without feel (unlike every other aiming method known to man).

That’s the answer to my question - you won’t explain that because you can’t - because it’s simply not true or even possible.

pj
chgo

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And, by the way, the only thing I’ve spoken against is the illogical claims of CTE’s supposed magical ability to work without feel (unlike every other aiming method known to man).

pj
chgo
How does one such as yourself tell, if one such as say Cookie Man's self, is applying an aspect of feel when shooting a billiards shot?

Oh yeah, and what if one such as Cookie Man's self Missed the shot,,,,,,,, did he then not apply feel to that effort?

Honestly, where are you going with this feel thing, you know it is something that can never be measured or proven, so it is your only out. You sound ridiculous honestly.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
How does one such as yourself tell, if one such as say Cookie Man's self, is applying an aspect of feel when shooting a billiards shot?
As I’ve said a couple hundred times over the years, it’s simply and obviously impossible for any system usable by humans at the table to fully define the precise steps to aim every necessary cut angle without using their “practiced estimation skill” (better known as the dreaded “f-word”, which can’t be mentioned in a CTE thread without a trigger warning).

How does one such as you (consider yourself) not get that simple fact?

pj
chgo

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I’ve said a couple hundred times over the years, it’s simply and obviously impossible for any system usable by humans at the table to fully define the precise steps to aim every necessary cut angle without using their “practiced estimation skill” (better known as the dreaded “f-word”, which can’t be mentioned in a CTE thread without a trigger warning).

How does one such as you (consider yourself) not get that simple fact?

pj
chgo
very easily actually, I glance at ball position on table, do a quick visual PSR, move into the shot, aim at center cueball, then shoot. Staring or focusing on a pocket is never part of any of that, so if I'm feeling it, what exactly am I feeling?

Again, if I miss, is it because I didn't feel it?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
very easily actually, I glance at ball position on table, do a quick visual PSR, move into the shot, aim at center cueball, then shoot. Staring or focusing on a pocket is never part of any of that, so if I'm feeling it, what exactly am I feeling?
How would I know? If somebody tells you they can fly by flapping their arms do you need to know their thoughts to know it’s not possible? That’s how basic this is.

Again, if I miss, is it because I didn't feel it?
If the birdguy jumps off a building and dies, is it because he had a headache?

pj
chgo

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo
See Patrick, here is the point I'm making.

It's been argued repeatedly that if a player claims to use CTE and makes shots doing so then surely they must be adding the aspect of feel in their efforts to do so.

I would argue, as I suspect you would too, that the high majority of players use feel in their efforts to pot balls.

I would also point out that the high majority of players MISS shots at a much higher rate than they would like. I think everyone would agree?

So, if most are using feel, and most are missing too much,,,,,, well then maybe feel is not really that big a factor in whether or not we make shots after all.

So then, maybe, without the aspect of trying to feel it, suppose we just went straight to the initial 1st impression and shot the shot. Who is to say we wouldn't miss LESS?

And then finally, I know I use CTE, and I know some others who use CTE, but I do not know anyone who uses CTE that doesn't sometimes miss.

Could it be that we let feel creep into those CTE shots that caused us to miss?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does somebody who supposedly knows everything refuse to educate him?

That’s the answer to my question - you won’t explain that because you can’t - because it’s simply not true or even possible.

pj
chgo
You could never be educated on CTE. You already know everything. But in case you don’t there is a YouTube series called The Truth Series with anything and everything you could possibly need to know about CTE.
But since you know everything already why don’t you tell us which part of the 15 outside description fits your definition of feel. It would be nice for a change to know exactly what you are thinking about with this feel thing.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
…tell us which part of the 15 outside description fits your definition of feel.
1. Deciding it’s a 15
2. Deciding it’s an outside pivot
3. Pivoting the right amount

…are the obvious ones. And those are just the ones that anybody with a basic knowledge of aiming in general could identify off the top of their head. There would undoubtedly be more if I knew the latest dance steps (not interested).

So either you’re right and I need to learn how CTE, unlike every other system known to man, sidesteps the feel requirement, or I’m right and you guys are as ignorant of this obvious (to others) logic as you claim I am of CTE.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
…if most are using feel, and most are missing too much,,,,,, well then maybe feel is not really that big a factor in whether or not we make shots after all.
What’s the miss rate among CTE players compared with “most”? When you can give an authoritative answer to that I might give your “reasoning” some attention.

pj
chgo

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s the miss rate among CTE players compared with “most”? When you can give an authoritative answer to that I might give your “reasoning” some attention.

pj
chgo
LMAO, that is just too funny. I gave you all the logic as well as all the answers and you just can't give up the goose.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I gave you all the logic
Your logic: if most use feel and miss “too much” (whatever that is), then maybe feel isn’t that big a factor in aiming success. CTE claims to be feel-free, and I assume that’s the unspoken comparison you wanted to make - so actually make it rather than just hinting at it.

Even if you could produce actual make/miss data to compare that wouldn’t be the end of it, but at least it would show there might be something to consider.

pj
chgo

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your logic: if most use feel and miss “too much” (whatever that is), then maybe feel isn’t that big a factor in aiming success. CTE claims to be feel-free, and I assume that’s the unspoken comparison you wanted to make - so actually make it rather than just hinting at it.

Even if you could produce actual make/miss data to compare that wouldn’t be the end of it, but at least it would show there might be something to consider.

pj
chgo
You claim feel must be included for CTE to work.

So I'll do what you do,,,,,,,,,,

Once you prove that is true then you have a valid argument, that "I" may consider.