Is It CTE or ETC? It Doesn't Matter

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See Patrick, here is the point I'm making.

It's been argued repeatedly that if a player claims to use CTE and makes shots doing so then surely they must be adding the aspect of feel in their efforts to do so.

I would argue, as I suspect you would too, that the high majority of players use feel in their efforts to pot balls.

I would also point out that the high majority of players MISS shots at a much higher rate than they would like. I think everyone would agree?

So, if most are using feel, and most are missing too much,,,,,, well then maybe feel is not really that big a factor in whether or not we make shots after all.

So then, maybe, without the aspect of trying to feel it, suppose we just went straight to the initial 1st impression and shot the shot. Who is to say we wouldn't miss LESS?

And then finally, I know I use CTE, and I know some others who use CTE, but I do not know anyone who uses CTE that doesn't sometimes miss.

Could it be that we let feel creep into those CTE shots that caused us to miss?
Since you obviously didn't understand this before, I'll just leave it here as a reminder.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
You claim feel must be included for CTE to work.

So I'll do what you do,,,,,,,,,,

Once you prove that is true then you have a valid argument, that "I" may consider.
I “claim” feel is included in all aiming, system or not, CTE or other. This is such an obvious fact that it’s surprising to me that CTE users can choose to disbelieve it - makes me think they need to. Apparently it’s working for you guys, so congrats.

Other, less feel-averse players might appreciate hearing the other side so they can make informed choices about which methods have the level of realism that can best help them to maximize their capabilities - my posts are really for them, not for the pleasure of arguing with CTErs.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I “claim” feel is included in all aiming, system or not, CTE or other. This is such an obvious fact that it’s surprising to me that CTE users can choose to disbelieve it
Please identify the segments, or parts, or definitions of feel that is included in all aiming systems. What is it exactly and at what part of the aiming process is it called upon to make everything just right like icing on the cake?
- makes me think they need to. Apparently it’s working for you guys, so congrats.
Yes, it is. So why do you care and why don't you STFU already! You should be happier than hell that we who choose to use CTE
stick with it because with all of its flaws we flounder and suffer in mediocrity compared to you. We can never get better.
You should be laughing in glee and saying, "I told them so, but they would never listen. Poor bastards couldn't make a ball if
their lives depended on it. They'll wallow in mediocrity for the rest of their lives."
Other, less feel-averse players might appreciate hearing the other side so they can make informed choices about which methods have the level of realism that can best help them to maximize their capabilities - my posts are really for them, not for the pleasure of arguing with CTErs.

pj
chgo
Oh my God. Now he sees himself as some kind of Knight in shining armor. A real life action hero wearing a mini pool cue at his waist like a sword. Maybe you should wear a mask like Zorro as you go out on your mission from pool room to pool room
and forum thread to forum thread. You could also wear a cape and fly like Mighty Mouse but you'd be infringing on the name.
How about MIGHTY MOUTH instead! You are one sick person!

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Please identify the segments, or parts, or definitions of feel that is included in all aiming systems.
Segments, parts, definitions?

You’ve actually surprised me. I assumed an experienced player like yourself at least knew what feel is. No wonder we can’t talk rationally about it.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cybernetic Trial & Error then. Should be B for Borg Trial & Error.
Choose the appropriate perception. Apply eyes independently. Shoot.

Jpool1985

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 650844

Why would you try to start a fight in your first post?

Now I've never met Hal, I have the CTE book by Stan. It works. So does other systems. CTE does a more thorough job of explaining how to properly sight balls. That is great, head and shoulders above many instructional materials.

Without ever knowing or talking to Hal, I find it very curious that a pool ball is sort of close to the average distance between pupils. It's not exact, but put a CB between your eyes and tell me what you see. We see in stereo, it makes sense to use 2 reference points. Does everyone need them? No, but they are a nice thing to have and help to mitigate sighting errors.

boogieman <<< not a hater, but also not someone who thinks CTE is the only path to pool nirvana. Use what you use, but be aware CTE does have a lot of good stuff going for it.
I watched Stan DVD over and over then still understand it but not seeing it, I feel like he leaving some steps information and leaving rest to figure it out ourselves. Can you PM me and explain to me step by step also what additional is needed in those steps if there is one or so. Thanks .

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I watched Stan DVD over and over then still understand it but not seeing it, I feel like he leaving some steps information and leaving rest to figure it out ourselves. Can you PM me and explain to me step by step also what additional is needed in those steps if there is one or so. Thanks .
Did you buy the book?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no rest. Some believe it works for them but if you are looking for a straight answer as to how it works, you won't find it. There are more straightforward ways to aim.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's your advice? My advice us save your money.
It was not advice but a question.
He watched the videos
He Did not mention the book
The book i believe is more detailed in explanation / description
I am not qualified to give advice on CTE
since i do not use it and have not studied it in depth

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was not advice but a question.
He watched the videos
He Did not mention the book
The book i believe is more detailed in explanation / description
I am not qualified to give advice on CTE
since i do not use it and have not studied it in depth
He did not watch the videos he watched the DVD. It seems obvious if he had the book he would have mentioned that he had the book.

Edit: After all these years you should know enough to say whether it works or is BS. Something that really works doesn't need 2 DVD's, a series of videos called "The Truth" and then a massive book, each of which is supposed to fix errors and omissions in the previous version.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He did not watch the videos he watched the DVD. It seems obvious if he had the book he would have mentioned that he had the book.

Edit: After all these years you should know enough to say whether it works or is BS. Something that really works doesn't need 2 DVD's, a series of videos called "The Truth" and then a massive book, each of which is supposed to fix errors and omissions in the previous version.
After all these years i say it really works for alot of people
And i do not think it is bs
I find no need or reason to knock it

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After all these years i say it really works for alot of people
And i do not think it is bs
I find no need or reason to knock it
Maybe that's because you never tried it, as you say. It doesn't work any better or worse than my jelly bean method... time at the table is what works.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe that's because you never tried it, as you say. It doesn't work any better or worse than my jelly bean method... time at the table is what works.
that is your opinion and your experience (maybe biased and wishful outcome)
nonetheless you seem to never let an opportunity go by to say something negative about it
even when you were not asked for your opinion
this is why the aiming forum turned in to the mess it did because some people couldnt resist butting in to conversations that did not pertain to them.
you can have the last word dan as i have better things to do than rehash a very old theme

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
if you have not gotten the book
consider it
i hope you get the info you want via pm
having a discussion without interruption in the forum will be difficult
jmho
history doesnt predict the future but suggests i am not wrong....😂

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that is your opinion and your experience (maybe biased and wishful outcome)
Is it also my opinion that an apple will hit the ground when it fall? How about you might get sick or die if you drink poison (or in this case Kool Aid)?
nonetheless you seem to never let an opportunity go by to say something negative about it
even when you were not asked for your opinion
He said he was missing something because he doesn't get it. You want me to sit by and watch him waste his time searching for something that doesn't exist? I spend enough time doing that and wanted this guy to understand that he's not crazy.

this is why the aiming forum turned in to the mess it did because some people couldnt resist butting in to conversations that did not pertain to them.
you can have the last word dan as i have better things to do than rehash a very old theme
Thanks. If a guy came in here and kept wondering why he can't find any info on left handed pool cues I suppose you'd refer him to a google search or maybe a certain cuemaker. Some people swear they play better with a left handed cue but that doesn't mean they really work, or work because they are "left handed" cues. I prefer to call BS and at least give the guy an idea that maybe he's buying into a flawed system. He can take or leave that information and do whatever he wants.

The forum became a mess because certain people could not control their emotions and considered negative comments on CTE as personal insults.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: bbb

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Sorry I'm not going to try to explain it. It does work and has other good tips, but I never got above the basics of seeing how it worked. It did work the few months I used it but I decided to not devote the next several years to the system. I found that working on my mental game gave more benefits. My win percentages have went way up and I'm aiming how I used to... See it and just shoot it, nothing magic to it. I just needed enough practice for what I was seeing to click.

This isn't bashing the system in any way but I just don't really need it at this time in my pool "career." Aiming is the most simple thing, IMO it's the stroke and mental game that pays the best dividends.