is it possible to buy a searingcue for under 3-4 k

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I've had a couple perfect margaritas and just finished an awesome steak on the deck so it's time to let honesty prevail.... Searings are probably the absolute most overrated cues on the market period.....it's all about who you know.. His quality is no better than anybody else actually his ability to stretch the design capabilities outside of 4 points and a couple inlays are not there. Lets stop the crap of trying to tell people that shit tastes great and pay for it,..... The market on cues has dropped because of crap like this.....

If there overrated where does that leave your Tad's?

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
Pioneers and design challengers

Here is my personal list of cue makers that deserve merit...
Richard Black
Tad Kohara
Joel Hercek
Gilbert
GINACUE
Josswest
Prewitt
Blackboar
Bill Shick
Southwest
Tascarella
Barry

Last edited:

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
Tads reply

Tads were made 25 years before any Searing hit the lathe... You cannot compare pioneers to a precision machinists.

Last edited:

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
a lot of it is supply and demand. dennis does not charge the prices that the cues sell at on the secondary market. it's like limited edition ferraris that sell for more than what people bought them for. i believe that from ferrari, enzos sold for around 700k while people re-sold them for over a mil. clearly the ferrari is not worth a mil either but if people want rare stuff they pay more for it. in this case, dennis makes very few cues, people want them so the price on resale goes up. that's how it works. whether you want to pay a ton of money for one is moot, lots of things that you buy in your everyday life costs but a fraction of what you paid for it. a pack of gum that you pay 1.50 for at the store costs them maybe 20 cents. alternatively, a car loses a ton of value as soon as you drive it off the lot yet people still buy new cars instead of just finding the same car with 3000 miles on it and saving themselves thousands. if you want a cue comparison, why do people pay retail, 550 for a schon stl 1 when you can buy one in similar condition for 300-400 on the board? it's not even a rare cue. whether it's new or slightly used makes no difference since you're going to use it anyways.

Last edited:

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
Just wish

I just wish that the cue makers that are "coveted" here on the market would at least do a little something more than 4 points and a ring or 2 and maybe wooow if your lucky a couple inlays.... The day Dennis does a real cue like Manzino, Chudy, Hercek or Blackboar or Gina will be the day I will call him an elite cue maker... Otherwise it's just market fluff,,,,,
It's almost, almost the same as a Dale Perry.... Wow that's low

Last edited:

shortyz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So I've had a couple perfect margaritas and just finished an awesome steak on the deck so it's time to let honesty prevail.... Searings are probably the absolute most overrated cues on the market period.....it's all about who you know.. His quality is no better than anybody else actually his ability to stretch the design capabilities outside of 4 points and a couple inlays are not there. Lets stop the crap of trying to tell people that shit tastes great and pay for it,..... The market on cues has dropped because of crap like this.....

Couldnt have said it any better. Well said. Especially about the designs. The other cuemakers you listed is where its at and theres even a few more that could be added to that list. Glad someone said all that lol.

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just wish that the cue makers that are "coveted" here on the market would at least do a little something more than 4 points and a ring or 2 and maybe wooow if your lucky a couple inlays.... The day Dennis does a real cue like Manzino, Hercek or Blackboar or Gina will be the day I will call him an elite cue maker... Otherwise it's just market fluff,,,,,

so you haven't seen many searing cues have you? orange crush? the twins? ibuycues box cue? oh and I forgot the gold cue. superb
you just sound bitter.

Last edited:

William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wow... So much misinformation and unsubstantiated dribble on this thread...

Exactly. I want to so badly respond to some of these "posts", but do not even know where to begin. I think saying some village is missing some of it's people clears things up.

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
I'm in the same boat

I agree with you on that on about it too, some time...I have been around the block quite a few times, probably 50 or more cue makers. Looking for the holy grail that really made a difference playing. I'm my personal summary I would say Hercek, Tascarella and Prewitt and of course Tad are cue that excel above production cues with a relative cost factor of course. But play like a deam

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I just wish that the cue makers that are "coveted" here on the market would at least do a little something more than 4 points and a ring or 2 and maybe wooow if your lucky a couple inlays.... The day Dennis does a real cue like Manzino, Hercek or Blackboar or Gina will be the day I will call him an elite cue maker... Otherwise it's just market fluff,,,,,

you do realize that dennis just makes the cues based on requests right? if people just ask him to make a 4 pointer then thats what he makes. if you want himt o do a real fancy cue i'm sure he can do it, just get on the list and when your name comes up you can put in your requests.

but it doesnt really matter if you consider him elite or not, if other elite cuemakers say he's better than they are then who are we to decide. his peers often say he's the best so i would take their word for it.

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Finally reading...

Wow... So much misinformation and unsubstantiated dribble on this thread...

Finally reading this thread and I cannot believe the flames....dribble is an understatement, which is why I do not frequent the forums as much as I used to...the guy was looking for a SEARING, nothing else...send a PM to the guy if you have anything else to say. It is called the golden rule

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

Just in case you did not know how to google, I think there should be moderators that delete useless posts from threads, so that future generations do not look at pool cue collectors and players the way this particular forum portrays the group.

Searing cues are in a class of their own, are there others, YES, several BUT that was not the intent of the poster!!!

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0

I'm going to be bumping a thread soon in memory of Sean Mullaney. Take a look at the Searing cue in that thread and see if you still agree with your statement or was it just the margaritas talking.

Peace and peace out, Jerry

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 95.5%
21   1   0
of Sean Mullaney respect

In all due respect... Please post I'd like to see what Dennis can really do, but I'm guessing its still a 4 pointer with a few inlays...all respect of Sean Mullaney

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0

Lol...How big were the glasses? :eek:

You have made 6 posts bashing Dennis and his cues. Do you actually think all of his cues go on AZ Billiards? How do you know what he produces and for who?

You sound like so many on here who can't get a cue from Dennis. I'm with ya, but instead of bashing him I bought cues on the secondary market. And I didn't get any discounts. Everybody has choices in what to buy, but why are you so bitter?

Good call on looking at Sean's cue. :thumbup: I'd like to see many of those cuemakers make that one.

There are some beasts out there that nobody has seen.

EDIT: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=197122

Last edited:

William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yep, Sean's Cue (RIP) is just a 4 pointer with inlays..... Just 4 perfect points, with 4 sets of 5 perfect veneers, 4 perfect mitered boxes with too many to count perfect inlays. No gap feeler, no died color glue, no shortcuts, just a plain ol' 4 pointer cue with a few inlays.

If someone thinks their personal list is so accurate, why cant they just promote those guys instead of bashing other cue makers. Most cue makers don't even bash each other as bad as it gets here. Its amazing. I guess insulting someone is a form of flattery in itself.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.4%
156   1   0
you do realize that dennis just makes the cues based on requests right? If people just ask him to make a 4 pointer then thats what he makes. If you want himt o do a real fancy cue i'm sure he can do it, just get on the list and when your name comes up you can put in your requests.

But it doesnt really matter if you consider him elite or not, if other elite cuemakers say he's better than they are then who are we to decide. His peers often say he's the best so i would take their word for it.

mobley says searing is the best but in many's opinion randy is right there with dennis cues currently!