Is Max Eberle as big as a goof as I now think?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I think it's the latter. :lol:

No, he actually believes this stuff. Not just this stuff, but he believes in most of the conspiracy theories that are out there and it almost seems that the crazier the conspiracy theory is, the more likely that he believes it. In that regard dude is nuttier than squirrel poop but he is a real nice guy.

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
I wonder if max ever flew over the North pole on the way to Asia?
Or just flew at high altitude during sun rise or sun set?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He seems like a nice guy but I un friended him on Facebook. I just didn't want to read his crazy talk anymore lol

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Conspiracy belief is caused by an aberration or a miswiring of the brain IMHO and once you believe one illogical conspiracy, you seem to believe them all.

I had to unfriend him also. It was just too embarrassing to read that insanity. .As a friend pointed out most of the conspiracy guys do not have a regular job (cause or effect?)-They are usually handyman, painters, etc who answer to no one on a daily basis.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Don't you consider this a good reason to keep the cut n thrust of a message board, rather than the 'block anyone who dares to disagree with me' approach on Facebook?

Being a man of science and that?
Not sure what your point is. Max isn't blocked by me. I don't block people who disagree with me only the ones who are assholes and can't stay on topic without personally insulting me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is fine to be skeptical and to keep an open mind, but to question some of the most basic scientific findings is a sign of mental disturbance to me. To believe such conspiracies you must be quite paranoid.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Max is a cool guy.
But as far as that flat earth stuff. Just don't bring it up.

And if you do, just have your ammo ready.
Coriolis effect, CGI is new when compared to the film movies and pictures used in the 60s (because every picture is cgi apparently) the fact that commercial flights go over the "edges" pretty routinely and never crashed into any ice wall, etc etc.

Anyone who has ever travelled the globe for vacation and gone past an "edge" to get to part of the world can tell you exactly how wrong flat earthers are. LOL

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Max is all right, gave me a good lesson and I played better.

I like watching Max's videos , one them is a one stroke video :) ,,
Iv met him a many times playing in turneys he's a super nice guy , he's always has marched to a differant tune , his Facebook stuff cracks me up

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read his posts on FB and while I don't agree with the vast majority of them, he does bring an interesting perspective for sure.

Have met him in person and the guy is pretty damn cool, relaxed and willing to take time to share his knowledge about the game.

I'd much rather have that and some interesting theories than a couple of pro players I've met who think the world is round, but also think that they're at the center of the universe.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read his posts on FB and while I don't agree with the vast majority of them, he does bring an interesting perspective for sure.

Have met him in person and the guy is pretty damn cool, relaxed and willing to take time to share his knowledge about the game.

I'd much rather have that and some interesting theories than a couple of pro players I've met who think the world is round, but also think that they're at the center of the universe.

Max thinks he is smarter than 99% of the world-He continually 'teaches' us on these harebrained theories like WE are the morons so i have to completely disagree that he is unlike these other unnamed pros you refer to.

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Max thinks he is smarter than 99% of the world-He continually 'teaches' us on these harebrained theories like WE are the morons so i have to completely disagree that he is unlike these other unnamed pros you refer to.

I didn't find him to be like that in person, but I understand - just relaying my own thoughts. I get where you're coming from though.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone take Max up into an airplane & let him see the curvature of the earth. That alone spoils any argument the earth is flat.

Conspiracies do happen....

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone take Max up into an airplane & let him see the curvature of the earth. That alone spoils any argument the earth is flat.

I think he concedes that it does look like that but only because our eyes don't work right or something like that. He states " our eyes can't see forever " and something about dissipation of light or something. Really hard to read stuff.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most people think most of what they see on the news is the accumulation of ideas on recent events from smart minds.

I'd rather listen to those with disparate viewpoints, right or wrong, because it's plainly evident that almost all 'so called' experts in the mainstream are liars or delusional.

Colin

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Got one better - let's take up a collection and get him a ticket on the Space X commercial flights

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather listen to those with disparate viewpoints, right or wrong, because it's plainly evident that almost all 'so called' experts in the mainstream are liars or delusional.

Colin

So you'd rather listen to someone 'wrong' as long as they have a disparate viewpoint than possibly get correct info from an expert? In other words screw Neil deGrasse Tyson-It's better to get your 'Universe' info from Max?

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you'd rather listen to someone 'wrong' as long as they have a disparate viewpoint than possibly get correct info from an expert? In other words screw Neil deGrasse Tyson-It's better to get your 'Universe' info from Max?
The term expert is mostly subjective.

I doubt Max is wrong about everything. I don't buy much if any of the Flat Earth theory, but the Electric Universe theory carries with it some interesting veiwpoints.

I've a BSc. Hons majoring in Geology. Have studied evolutionary paleontology, planetary climatology formally and economics & history and various other subjects on the side. And yet, many mainstream opinions on various aspects of these subjects is unconvincing to me.

But people with little education in such matters think nothing of calling anyone who questions accepted dogma to be mentally inept. Despite their much thinner superficial understanding on such matters.

So, I'd say people should keep an open mind. imho, the so called experts know far less than they would want others to think they do.

Colin

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Got one better - let's take up a collection and get him a ticket on the Space X commercial flights

Why?

If I say I think it's impossible to win the lottery and any publicly reported winners are hoaxes by the government to keep people spending money on the lottery will you all take up a collection to buy me a million lottery tickets?

Like I told Max on FB many times it literally does not matter to the common man whether the earth is flat or not. That status does not affect a normal person's day one bit.

Max seems to think that if people knew the earth was flat that it would make people overthrow the current power structure (and lead to what I don't know)...I say it wouldn't matter at all because most of us would go, ok, the world is flat, so what?