Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but your "stories" have been debunked in the past so whatever embellishments you want to tell us about how "tough" your win was are not really registering.

I have stayed on topic this whole thread. You're the one who feels some need to prove that you are relevant by telling us you were a state champion in a small sparsely populated state to somehow justify your knocking of John Schmidt and his world record run of 626.

"look at me I won a barbox tournament in 1982......so therefore I am qualified to knock a genuine champion.........." that's how I see your comments.

lol, you asked, I answered.

You've done this twice. Once now and once a few years ago. It sticks in your craw that you have nothing comparable and are just a garage go off. What was it? Over $50K lost in a fucking garage several months back, lol. Then you posted your pathetic mea culpa that was so puppy sad, even I told you to do yourself a favor and take it down. It appears you finally heeded that advice.

You aren't qualified to knock me cause I got your dough and you don't have the cojones to come get it.

Have a nice day.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
lol, you asked, I answered.

You've done this twice. Once now and once a few years ago. It sticks in your craw that you have nothing comparable and are just a garage go off. What was it? Over $50K lost in a fucking garage several months back, lol. Then you posted your pathetic mea culpa that was so puppy sad, even I told you to do yourself a favor and take it down. It appears you finally heeded that advice.

You aren't qualified to knock me cause I got your dough and you don't have the cojones to come get it.

Have a nice day.

Lou Figueroa
yeah...I lost some amount in a garage....because I get up and play which you don't. You needed 12 backers and a crew "working" me so that you could make a small share of 10k. I can and will criticize you because you're a super nobody who is a professional spin-doctor. I have two "state championships" one in Colorado and one with my team in Oklahoma. Additionally, in singles with close to 800 players at the BCA international Championships I won 17th place WHILE manning my booth between matches. I also managed to get 5th place in an all-around tournament in Den Hague Netherlands, 14.1, 9-ball and 8 ball that was stacked with bundesliga level players.

But perhaps the best accomplishment of my life was when I lost 9-6 in a ten thousand dollar match against the super great amazing player Lou Figueroa after working 14 hour days for a week straight and playing half my speed. Lou, as we all know is the champion of tiny town Montana and has the belt buckle to prove it. He had to beat six of the world's best players to get that buckle and for me to get six games on him is the crowning achievement of my pool life. I celebrated by driving to New York city and got to play with Earl Strickland.

No matter where I have been in my life, all the pool rooms around the world, the pro players I have played and hung with, nothing will ever top getting to play Lou the champeen Figueroa. In my travels leading up to playing him I found that he is HATED intensely by almost all who know him that I met and it's a real mystery as to why? I found that he is barred from one of the most iconic rooms in America Cue and Cushion in St. Louis which really surprised me as I couldn't imagine any room not wanting the Great Lou Figueroa around.

I only wish I could have lost to him again and tried hard to get him to play but it wasn't to be because Lou is merciful and a $30,000 game wasn't enough to get him to consider showing up to play. Now I will have to take those 6 games and be happy with what I got.

I can only dream of being as good of a "story" teller as you are Lou. One thing I do know and which you can never match is that I have more heart in my toenail clippings than you have ever had in your whole life. I don't need anyone to back me and certainly not a group. You did all that for $2000 and let them get the rest. Kind of pathetic in my eyes. The money I lost was made back inside of a week. I also know that I am a better person than you in every way. Why? Because you're a backstabbing dishonorable person who did it to me and has now done it to John Schmidt. I shook your hand, ugh....and honored my word with you TWICE. You dishonored yours twice and proved that you are dishonest and untrustworthy.

So, bud, it's all good. I can walk into ANY room and people smile when they see me because I am a friendly person and good action win or lose. You are barred from at least one room for being a super nit and just about no one likes you.

I didn't lose 50k by the way, less than that and none of your business. Money which also was made back within a few weeks. Yeah it was not fun to do that and I did post about it and admit my fault. Unlike you though I am honest about my shortcomings and my audience understood my position. Also unlike you I have the heart to get in the box even when I am not the favorite. You are a coward through and through who needed to be cattle prodded to step up and play and then you acted like a super whiny baby the WHOLE TIME leading up to the match and we can certainly show off those exchanges if you want to do that. You actually had the vain thought that people should PAY to watch you play and that you should get a cut of that pay-per-view. You suck so badly that you should be paying people to watch you. Frankly I was kind of shocked at how badly the Belt Buckle Champ played. All in all, you are four games of one pocket ahead of me. You should probably quit pool because your actual skill is far below what you think it is. Probably the smartest thing you have ever done is chicken out when challenged by actual players. Lying about the encounters though on public forums wasn't that smart though but then you are a pro and know that when it's your story against theirs that you can get away with lying. Just like you're "good" with John Schmidt right?

Have a nice night mr. professional embellisher. Maybe I will send you a shirt from Cue and Cushion next time I am in St. Louis since you can't go there.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
3.2.1......Lou's next post is the jar with "John's soul" that Lou made himself to sit next to his tiny town belt buckle trophy.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You never ran 98 with your flying chicken wing stroke but whatever you can live with telling yourself, lol.

I am, however, also involved in a specific project to promote pool. Who knows. JS's record might get broken giving the best players on the planet the proper incentive. Supposedly JS broke Mosconi's record, though he's been shy about releasing unedited video to date and didn't make squadoush off it even after thousands of attempts.

So don't pat yourself on the back too much : -) Let's see what rolls out.

Lou Figueroa
No you're a flunky. Just a toady doing what he is told to do. Are you privy to John's finances? No, then you have ZERO idea what he has made. But I do actually hope that your boss' jealousy project does end up promoting pool and bringing more recognition to pool. And if John's record is broken then great. I guess you could say John did it for the love of the game since you claim he didn't make any money. Interesting that your boss thinks that other players have to be "properly incentivized" to attempt to break the record. I guess when you're a self-proclaimed millionaire and you're jealous of another player's accomplishment then you need to pay for attention.

But regardless of the motivation and regardless of your flunky-status, I will be very pleased to see you both do something positive for the sport. Sometimes great things do come out of shitty origins. I am fairly sure that John's record will NOT be broken though by any of the participants regardless of the "incentive". Why not you might ask? Don't really care if you ask because I will tell you anyway.

You and your boss have spent several months denigrating John's record and insinuating that the equipment was made to be really "easy". Then you claimed that your equipment will be tougher. So the odds are that none of your players will be able to run that many balls on the tougher equipment. If your millionaire boss wants to bet that John's record will be broken on live stream by any of the players participating, including John if he participates, I will be happy to bet $10,000 against it happening. No, I am not asking you to bet. But you are more than welcome to take whatever your boss allows you to have of the bet.

We have to establish a time frame in which this should occur. I will be generous and give your players 100 attempts in total. From the time it starts until 100 attempts have been made if the record is not broken I win. If you quit before 100 attempts have been made then I win. Ask your boss if he wants to take this bet and we can make the arrangements to escrow the money. And if 10k isn't enough for him I understand and will just watch and see if you would have won or not.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah...I lost some amount in a garage....because I get up and play which you don't. You needed 12 backers and a crew "working" me so that you could make a small share of 10k. I can and will criticize you because you're a super nobody who is a professional spin-doctor. I have two "state championships" one in Colorado and one with my team in Oklahoma. Additionally, in singles with close to 800 players at the BCA international Championships I won 17th place WHILE manning my booth between matches. I also managed to get 5th place in an all-around tournament in Den Hague Netherlands, 14.1, 9-ball and 8 ball that was stacked with bundesliga level players.

But perhaps the best accomplishment of my life was when I lost 9-6 in a ten thousand dollar match against the super great amazing player Lou Figueroa after working 14 hour days for a week straight and playing half my speed. Lou, as we all know is the champion of tiny town Montana and has the belt buckle to prove it. He had to beat six of the world's best players to get that buckle and for me to get six games on him is the crowning achievement of my pool life. I celebrated by driving to New York city and got to play with Earl Strickland.

No matter where I have been in my life, all the pool rooms around the world, the pro players I have played and hung with, nothing will ever top getting to play Lou the champeen Figueroa. In my travels leading up to playing him I found that he is HATED intensely by almost all who know him that I met and it's a real mystery as to why? I found that he is barred from one of the most iconic rooms in America Cue and Cushion in St. Louis which really surprised me as I couldn't imagine any room not wanting the Great Lou Figueroa around.

I only wish I could have lost to him again and tried hard to get him to play but it wasn't to be because Lou is merciful and a $30,000 game wasn't enough to get him to consider showing up to play. Now I will have to take those 6 games and be happy with what I got.

I can only dream of being as good of a "story" teller as you are Lou. One thing I do know and which you can never match is that I have more heart in my toenail clippings than you have ever had in your whole life. I don't need anyone to back me and certainly not a group. You did all that for $2000 and let them get the rest. Kind of pathetic in my eyes. The money I lost was made back inside of a week. I also know that I am a better person than you in every way. Why? Because you're a backstabbing dishonorable person who did it to me and has now done it to John Schmidt. I shook your hand, ugh....and honored my word with you TWICE. You dishonored yours twice and proved that you are dishonest and untrustworthy.

So, bud, it's all good. I can walk into ANY room and people smile when they see me because I am a friendly person and good action win or lose. You are barred from at least one room for being a super nit and just about no one likes you.

I didn't lose 50k by the way, less than that and none of your business. Money which also was made back within a few weeks. Yeah it was not fun to do that and I did post about it and admit my fault. Unlike you though I am honest about my shortcomings and my audience understood my position. Also unlike you I have the heart to get in the box even when I am not the favorite. You are a coward through and through who needed to be cattle prodded to step up and play and then you acted like a super whiny baby the WHOLE TIME leading up to the match and we can certainly show off those exchanges if you want to do that. You actually had the vain thought that people should PAY to watch you play and that you should get a cut of that pay-per-view. You suck so badly that you should be paying people to watch you. Frankly I was kind of shocked at how badly the Belt Buckle Champ played. All in all, you are four games of one pocket ahead of me. You should probably quit pool because your actual skill is far below what you think it is. Probably the smartest thing you have ever done is chicken out when challenged by actual players. Lying about the encounters though on public forums wasn't that smart though but then you are a pro and know that when it's your story against theirs that you can get away with lying. Just like you're "good" with John Schmidt right?

Have a nice night mr. professional embellisher. Maybe I will send you a shirt from Cue and Cushion next time I am in St. Louis since you can't go there.

lol, people see you walk into a pool room and see a neon sign blinking over your head that says:

Go-Off
Sky Rocket
Sucker

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No you're a flunky. Just a toady doing what he is told to do. Are you privy to John's finances? No, then you have ZERO idea what he has made. But I do actually hope that your boss' jealousy project does end up promoting pool and bringing more recognition to pool. And if John's record is broken then great. I guess you could say John did it for the love of the game since you claim he didn't make any money. Interesting that your boss thinks that other players have to be "properly incentivized" to attempt to break the record. I guess when you're a self-proclaimed millionaire and you're jealous of another player's accomplishment then you need to pay for attention.

But regardless of the motivation and regardless of your flunky-status, I will be very pleased to see you both do something positive for the sport. Sometimes great things do come out of shitty origins. I am fairly sure that John's record will NOT be broken though by any of the participants regardless of the "incentive". Why not you might ask? Don't really care if you ask because I will tell you anyway.

You and your boss have spent several months denigrating John's record and insinuating that the equipment was made to be really "easy". Then you claimed that your equipment will be tougher. So the odds are that none of your players will be able to run that many balls on the tougher equipment. If your millionaire boss wants to bet that John's record will be broken on live stream by any of the players participating, including John if he participates, I will be happy to bet $10,000 against it happening. No, I am not asking you to bet. But you are more than welcome to take whatever your boss allows you to have of the bet.

We have to establish a time frame in which this should occur. I will be generous and give your players 100 attempts in total. From the time it starts until 100 attempts have been made if the record is not broken I win. If you quit before 100 attempts have been made then I win. Ask your boss if he wants to take this bet and we can make the arrangements to escrow the money. And if 10k isn't enough for him I understand and will just watch and see if you would have won or not.

A 100 attempts?!

Didn't your hero spends months at it, in two cities, with well over 1,000 attempts? Funny how it didn't happen until the special table was brought in and the live stream turned off.

Lou Figueroa

gerryf

A 100 attempts?!

Didn't your hero spends months at it, in two cities, with well over 1,000 attempts? Funny how it didn't happen until the special table was brought in and the live stream turned off.

Lou Figueroa
John Schmidt was a professional pool player for 17 years when he ran 626. Mosconi had been a professional pool player for 22 years when he ran 526. So Willie not only had the advantage of an 8' table, he also had five more years to practice!

Ha! Ha!

Cuedup

It appears by the objective metrics stated that JS is a more skilled cueist.

I'm not sure I agree but since he does hold the record for the highest run I wont disagree.

gerryf

Buuuulshiiiiiit!
Mosconi played 14.1 Continuous Pocket Billiards six days a week.
Never had to or needed to practice.
Review his records through the years.
John Schmidt only played 14.1 Continuous Pocket Billiards for a short period of his career. He practiced pool, about 4 to 6 hours a day, throwing in practice of ball in hand straight pool on occasion. Still can’t play, hasn’t played since claiming to have set a record, all the while withholding evidential proof of that claim.

Good work Danny!

That's my point. Mosconi played a lot more than Schmidt before running 526.

When he ran 526, he had been a pro 5 years longer than Schmidt . As you point out, Mosconi also played 14.1 six days a week.

As you point out, Schmidt only played 14.1 for a short period of his career.

So it makes Schmidt's 626 all the more remarkable!

Glad you're on board with this!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
If you carefully read the previous posts in this thread -- all of them and don't just skim them -- clarity will be achieved.
This is not accurate, if the back room/sketchy bca record keepers - are yer version of clarity - enjoy the blur. I would suggest u not promoting 14.1 in the future bob - clarity has not been achieved - as u well know Mosconi's World Record Stands. edited for an attempt at Real clarity.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt was a professional pool player for 17 years when he ran 626. Mosconi had been a professional pool player for 22 years when he ran 526. So Willie not only had the advantage of an 8' table, he also had five more years to practice!

Ha! Ha!

Are you somehow suggesting that the greatness of a sports figure should be judged by how long they’ve played the sport in comparison to past sports figures?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears by the objective metrics stated that JS is a more skilled cueist.

I'm not sure I agree but since he does hold the record for the highest run I wont disagree.

The objective metric that should be deployed to judge who’s the more skilled cuesist would be world championships won playing against the best of their era.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Are you somehow suggesting that the greatness of a sports figure should be judged by how long they’ve played the sport in comparison to past sports figures?

Lou Figueroa

Compared to claiming that it matters that we think maybe someone "didn't care about high runs" it almost makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The objective metric that should be deployed to judge who’s the more skilled cuesist would be world championships won playing against the best of their era.

Lou Figueroa
We all know of exceptionally skilled players who played -- and do play -- masterfully in their local regions and on their home rec tables, but sadly (career-wise) came up short on a variety of factors like courage, heart, resilience under pressure, creativity in the face of atypical situations, and the capacity for sustained excellence over long innings at the table. In that respect, World Championships are usefully revealing judging-metrics in addition to cue skills themselves.

Arnaldo

gerryf

Lou Figueroa
Nope. But the suggestion up-thread was that Schmidt had made 1100 attempts to break the high-run record, while Willie just went about playing his game, so maybe Schmidt is the weaker player.

Danny Harriman said that Mosconi played 14.1 six days a week for 22 years before he set the high record. Schmidt played for 17 years, but Danny pointed out that he only played 14.1 for a short period, then dedicated a couple of months to it.

No one disputes that Mosconi was a great player. But if someone's going to criticize Schmidt for devoting a couple of months to breaking the record, you have to put it into context.

You can imagine that if you had the data for how many hours Mosconi played 14.1 in those 22 years, and had the data for how many hours Schmidt played 14.1 over 17 years, you might (?) be able to interpret that as a measure of talent.

Now, we just have to see if one of the young guns like Filler or Gorst or Ko will take a run at it.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You must be dumbstruck with your self.
You keep replying to posts by xradarx and continue to refer to Dan Harriman as having
posted the narrative.
Take a break, shut the hell up and quit replying to my posts, unless they are directed to you personally.
it's all unraveling isn't it skippy?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.