Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
So when is this happening, the tables were going to be ready by end of February.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Schmidt just played Danny Harriman ...

They only had words once, and that was briefly. You can tell there is no love lost here, but they both respect each other's ability. Danny had a high run of 56 and beat John 100-31. After the match, John shook Danny's hand and said, "Win one for the home team." (meaning USA). I thought that was classy of him.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I wouldn't invite him because he set the record.

So I would let other players have a go at it. And then, perhaps, if Mosconi's record was exceeded, I might offer Willie a shot to surpass it.

Lou Figueroa
lol, I admire your ability to spin like a dervish and stay standing. As a PR man you're a real pro.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Gerryf: "there was a feud between Bobby Chamberlain (wrldpro) and John Schmidt back in 2012."
JB Cases: "Both Lou and Danny also had disputes with John"
Z Nole: "If JS doesn't get a shot at your event it would appear to be sour grapes on the promoters part"
Lou: "JS did what he did on his own terms and seems content with the outcome. I don't see why he gets a bite at someone else's golden apple."
Bobby: "Without any doubt the list our committee has put together each and every player has far exceeded Schmidts billiard career."

So is that the committee that Bobby's referring to: Him, Lou, and Danny?
Probably not Danny, that level of instability is probably too much for them. I was just joking about the makeup of the alleged committee. Whomever it is though leaving John Schmidt, the current world record holder, uninvited makes it fully clear what this is all about in my opinion.

If you notice how they get their little "digs" in it's actually pathetic to see. They denigrate John and his world record at every chance.

One thing is certain though. NO ONE on their "list" has "far exceeded John Schmidt's billiard career" because not a single player they have chosen has ran more balls than John has.

Here is what I think will happen.

I think Bobby will set up a space with cameras to record the attempts. Players will be invited to try to break John's record and whatever other alleged high run numbers are rumored to have occured. Players will not be compensated for being there and the prize money will only be paid out for breaking the records. So in my opinion other than the expense of setting up the space and making sure that the recording capabilities and internet bandwidth is sufficient the risk of having to actually payout much is quite small.

Happy to be proven wrong but as I am familiar with at least two of the people involved I am going to go ahead and call this a BS project. And I make a further prediction that Bobby abandons it and says it's because of people like me who criticized him and therefore I caused this money making "opportunity" for the pros to be extinguished.

I will gladly eat crow and say I was wrong if it turns out differently. I hope it does and I hope they don't snub John because that will indeed be a shitty move.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
CD546845-C0B7-4C47-850D-A260BC062E65.png

Get ready I am starting to gun for the highest 14.1 runout.

You are all witness to the data.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So when is this happening, the tables were going to be ready by end of February.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Things change.

Somethings are going slower, others faster. There's no rush, so please standby.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably not Danny, that level of instability is probably too much for them. I was just joking about the makeup of the alleged committee. Whomever it is though leaving John Schmidt, the current world record holder, uninvited makes it fully clear what this is all about in my opinion.

If you notice how they get their little "digs" in it's actually pathetic to see. They denigrate John and his world record at every chance.

One thing is certain though. NO ONE on their "list" has "far exceeded John Schmidt's billiard career" because not a single player they have chosen has ran more balls than John has.

Here is what I think will happen.

I think Bobby will set up a space with cameras to record the attempts. Players will be invited to try to break John's record and whatever other alleged high run numbers are rumored to have occured. Players will not be compensated for being there and the prize money will only be paid out for breaking the records. So in my opinion other than the expense of setting up the space and making sure that the recording capabilities and internet bandwidth is sufficient the risk of having to actually payout much is quite small.

Happy to be proven wrong but as I am familiar with at least two of the people involved I am going to go ahead and call this a BS project. And I make a further prediction that Bobby abandons it and says it's because of people like me who criticized him and therefore I caused this money making "opportunity" for the pros to be extinguished.

I will gladly eat crow and say I was wrong if it turns out differently. I hope it does and I hope they don't snub John because that will indeed be a shitty move.

Must have missed that list of chosen players, lol.

oh, and you will be proven wrong, so at least you'll end up happy.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Must have missed that list of chosen players, lol.

oh, and you will be proven wrong, so at least you'll end up happy.

Lou Figueroa
Well we can only go off of the cryptic messages you and your boss have posted. In this case I will actually be happy to be wrong. As I said before good things can come from shitty people who started with shitty motivations. I personally don't have high expectations here but I will be glad to be surprised.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If you think that was "spin" then you don't know what "spin" is.

Lou Figueroa
lol, I am sure a spin professional such as yourself has many more levels of spin that the general public can't recognize. You are absolutely correct that I don't know what "spin" is to a career spin doctor. I feel that your boss has chosen well when it comes to hiring a public relations guy with your level of experience and gift of embellishment. If your straight pool game was as good as your PR game then I would be betting on you to run more than a thousand opposite-handed.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Things change.

Somethings are going slower, others faster. There's no rush, so please standby.

Lou Figueroa
lol, first world millionaire problems? I will bet a nice dinner, say $150 max, with anyone NOT involved in this "project" that it doesn't happen inside the next two months.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well we can only go off of the cryptic messages you and your boss have posted. In this case I will actually be happy to be wrong. As I said before good things can come from shitty people who started with shitty motivations. I personally don't have high expectations here but I will be glad to be surprised.

Like I said, based upon what you're saying here you should end up happy.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, I am sure a spin professional such as yourself has many more levels of spin that the general public can't recognize. You are absolutely correct that I don't know what "spin" is to a career spin doctor. I feel that your boss has chosen well when it comes to hiring a public relations guy with your level of experience and gift of embellishment. If your straight pool game was as good as your PR game then I would be betting on you to run more than a thousand opposite-handed.

Thank you.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, first world millionaire problems? I will bet a nice dinner, say $150 max, with anyone NOT involved in this "project" that it doesn't happen inside the next two months.

Lot of balls in the air at the moment.

It might happen within two months, maybe not. Hold you water, man.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.