Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand the show must go on (lights camera action stuff). Must the show be so crooked Bob? I respect your opinion as you post under your real name and eye spec. u have been (at times) a positive force for 14.1 Pocket Billiards, so I am going to have to place a check in yer direction. If the run is legit - why have they not released the tape to public? I really do not expect an answer from u Bob as I hear you are friends with john. So go ahead with yer conspiracy cracks or what ever u have waiting in the ballast. What is the rule for making such a grandiose claim and then not providing tangible evidence to the public - I would really like to know? So at this juncture myself and many others are going to have to call foul play on team bca/scumdt. I am not asking if u have seen the tape (i doubt u have) just asking why there is such a secret about proper adjudication of this so called tape evidence - I really don't think that is too much to ask - but I bet it is.

Same song...vid not hidden. Also, not free.

:yawn:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
He won't watch it, that would ruin the fantasy of fouls, miscounts (he'll probably pick up and run with that now), shaved slate, missing 200, Red Bull, ball wax and video tricks.

Sent from the future.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well see, that is just not so.

It’s like saying someone who can run 50 can run 100. Or if you can run 100 you can run 200. It doesn’t work that way — the difficulty goes up exponentially. 400 does not automatically get you to 500 much less 600.

Lou Figueroa

thats the absolute truth !!!

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a priest have to shave the slate , witness the run and spend 50$ to buy danny a ticket ...

if i ran more than 526 , load it on youtube the same day !!!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Can you edit titles of posts? I vote for the apostrophe to be moved from person 1 over to person 2. This thread is always visible and always offends my grammar nazi sensibilities

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if something like that offends you in any way ...

"dont play pool "

keep in stroke slateshavers...

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Can you edit titles of posts? I vote for the apostrophe to be moved from person 1 over to person 2. This thread is always visible and always offends my grammar nazi sensibilities
We'd still be left the nonsensical body of the post.

Sent from the future.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I digress

Been thinking about this thread I started and their hiding the video proof of this claim, I am now of the opinion that I do feel sorry for schmidt,charlie, and the bca. Here is my reasoning - after all this time :-0 and still no tape I am 80% sure that there was some sort of ultimatum issued to John during his live stream attempts to catch a run of greater numerical value than Mosconi's on video. This pressure probly came from one of his current new sponsors and their wanting him to catch a run greater than 526 on camera (to compare john as the next Mosconi) when the run was not accomplished during the live stream and - just before the charlies 14.1 hall of fame - they came up with a story. So his financial situation must have been bad for him to say he had a 626 on tape that has truly never surfaced after almost a full year.

I feel it is a shame for any news media outlet to make crazy claims without providing proof - that will always be my stance, however I did promise a fellow az'r (a person I believe to not be crooked) that I would not mention schmidt anymore here on this public forum - so I will not continue to break that promise any longer. However I still see no evidence of this mysterious 626 and feel that it is a lie based off of some sort of political sponsorship for john. I am not much of a people person - do not like crowds and or trying to discuss sports history records with others (many of whom too afraid to put their own name in their avatar). Thank you to those who really do care about the truth and preserving Sports History record keeping. (Hawks Of Truth). One thing is for sure - if news media's can report that there is a new world record in 14.1 and not have to show any tangible evidence to the public - the world has become a very complicated place.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MORE FAKE NEWS, from the delusional.
Been thinking about this thread I started and their hiding the video proof of this claim, I am now of the opinion that I do feel sorry for schmidt,charlie, and the bca. Here is my reasoning - after all this time :-0 and still no tape I am 80% sure that there was some sort of ultimatum issued to John during his live stream attempts to catch a run of greater numerical value than Mosconi's on video. This pressure probly came from one of his current new sponsors and their wanting him to catch a run greater than 526 on camera (to compare john as the next Mosconi) when the run was not accomplished during the live stream and - just before the charlies 14.1 hall of fame - they came up with a story. So his financial situation must have been bad for him to say he had a 626 on tape that has truly never surfaced after almost a full year.

I feel it is a shame for any news media outlet to make crazy claims without providing proof - that will always be my stance, however I did promise a fellow az'r (a person I believe to not be crooked) that I would not mention schmidt anymore here on this public forum - so I will not continue to break that promise any longer. However I still see no evidence of this mysterious 626 and feel that it is a lie based off of some sort of political sponsorship for john. I am not much of a people person - do not like crowds and or trying to discuss sports history records with others (many of whom too afraid to put their own name in their avatar). Thank you to those who really do care about the truth and preserving Sports History record keeping. (Hawks Of Truth). One thing is for sure - if news media's can report that there is a new world record in 14.1 and not have to show any tangible evidence to the public - the world has become a very complicated place.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I feel it is a shame...to make crazy claims without providing proof."

Seriously. He puts those words together. And probably believes his own BS!

Nutty gonna do.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I feel it is a shame...to make crazy claims without providing proof."

Seriously. He puts those words together. And probably believes his own BS!

Nutty gonna do.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Black-Balled again."

Damn forum software!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As previously mentioned in this thread, John Schmidt gave a showing of the video at

Colleary’s Bistro,
2143 N. Tustin Street, Suite A6 Orange, CA
Sun, March 8th 4:00 – 8:00pm

I flew down around noon and showed up a hour or so early. Jerry and Jan McWorter were helping get the room set up. Colleary's is an up-scale Italian restaurant. I went and got a snack and coffee and came back about 3:30 when people were starting to filter in.

The main dining area was set up with seats mostly facing a large-screen TV. While people were arriving, the TV was showing part of Crane's 150 against Balsis and Pete Smith's film short of Willie Mosconi's life including the five-rail kick shot to beat Andrew Ponzi in the one hole.

The presentation ended up with about 50 in the audience at $50 each. We were lightly encouraged to buy food and drink from the restaurant but it was not required. I skipped the appetizers and went straight to the spaghetti and meat balls.:eek:ink::thumbup2: I'd like to thank the members here who help with expenses.

After a brief introduction we began watching John's 626 from the first shot. Every shot was shown clear through to the miss (a tricky combination with five balls remaining on the table) for shot 627.

There were basically three modes of playback. Some of it was with voice-over that had been added about a month after the run. The voices included John, Jerry, Doug Desmond (who provided major logistical support and racking during the attempts) and I think Lou Sardo.

During other portions the voice-over was turned off and Jerry and John discussed John's playing history, problems in the section of the run we were watching, and other pool-related stuff.

In the third mode the live narration continued but the video was played at 2X speed to save some time. This was roughly from ball 300 to ball 480. It was returned to normal speed before John passed his previous high run of 490 (on a break shot), the even 500, and numbers 526 and 527. We continued to the end at normal speed.

Around 580 was the only shot I would call a little questionable for a normal match shot. It was right after a break and the cue ball was close to the foot rail and near the left foot pocket. There was no obvious direct shot. A three-ball combo to the side was nearly straight but the balls were all spread out. John played a carom off a ball at about the bottom of the rack to hit a ball near the foot rail and about 10 inches from the pocket. As far as a legitimate match shot, I'd say it was 50-50. There may have been a safe with a little dink to freeze the cue ball to the back of a ball, but in that situation, you are not favored to get the first opening.

The shot for 627 (with five balls left on the table) was an off-angle combo near the right side of the rack in a cluster of three balls. Other shots he could have taken were his break ball on the left side of the rack or a ball on the head string near the right rail. (Directions as viewed from the head of the table, which is where the camera was.) It was really a two-ball combo and John said the third ball probably kept him from cutting the first ball enough to make the shot.

There was no mention of an NDA.

Every shot was shown.

I saw no touch fouls and I was looking for them.

Whoever wants to see the run for themselves should follow http://www.hihatentertainment.com/tickets or maybe call the number listed there to find out about future events. That's Jerry and Jan McWorter who are arranging the presentations.

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Thank you, Bob.

Of course, this wont satisfy certain folks. Which is to be expected.

Nice to know that it's as described.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As previously mentioned in this thread, John Schmidt gave a showing of the video at

Colleary’s Bistro,

I flew down around noon and showed up a hour or so early. Jerry and Jan McWorter were helping get the room set up. Colleary's is an up-scale Italian restaurant. I went and got a snack and coffee and came back about 3:30 when people were starting to filter in.

The main dining area was set up with seats mostly facing a large-screen TV. While people were arriving, the TV was showing part of Crane's 150 against Balsis and Pete Smith's film short of Willie Mosconi's life including the five-rail kick shot to beat Andrew Ponzi in the one hole.

The presentation ended up with about 50 in the audience at $50 each. We were lightly encouraged to buy food and drink from the restaurant but it was not required. I skipped the appetizers and went straight to the spaghetti and meat balls.:eek:ink::thumbup2: I'd like to thank the members here who help with expenses.

After a brief introduction we began watching John's 626 from the first shot. Every shot was shown clear through to the miss (a tricky combination with five balls remaining on the table) for shot 627.

There were basically three modes of playback. Some of it was with voice-over that had been added about a month after the run. The voices included John, Jerry, Doug Desmond (who provided major logistical support and racking during the attempts) and I think Lou Sardo.

During other portions the voice-over was turned off and Jerry and John discussed John's playing history, problems in the section of the run we were watching, and other pool-related stuff.

In the third mode the live narration continued but the video was played at 2X speed to save some time. This was roughly from ball 300 to ball 480. It was returned to normal speed before John passed his previous high run of 490 (on a break shot), the even 500, and numbers 526 and 527. We continued to the end at normal speed.

Around 580 was the only shot I would call a little questionable for a normal match shot. It was right after a break and the cue ball was close to the foot rail and near the left foot pocket. There was no obvious direct shot. A three-ball combo to the side was nearly straight but the balls were all spread out. John played a carom off a ball at about the bottom of the rack to hit a ball near the foot rail and about 10 inches from the pocket. As far as a legitimate match shot, I'd say it was 50-50. There may have been a safe with a little dink to freeze the cue ball to the back of a ball, but in that situation, you are not favored to get the first opening.

The shot for 627 (with five balls left on the table) was an off-angle combo near the right side of the rack in a cluster of three balls. Other shots he could have taken were his break ball on the left side of the rack or a ball on the head string near the right rail. (Directions as viewed from the head of the table, which is where the camera was.) It was really a two-ball combo and John said the third ball probably kept him from cutting the first ball enough to make the shot.

Every shot was shown.

Whoever wants to see the run for themselves should follow http://www.hihatentertainment.com/tickets or maybe call the number listed there to find out about future events. That's Jerry and Jan McWorter who are arranging the presentations.

Thanks for the report. I guess this puts an end to it. The run is good.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Convenient how Danny packed up his tent and suddenly is done talking about John once he knew Bobs report was on the way.

Sent from the future.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Convenient how Danny packed up his tent and suddenly is done talking about John once he knew Bobs report was on the way.

Sent from the future.

Well, the next play will be that Bob is a friend of John's, so his report is biased. :rolleyes:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Colleary’s Bistro,

Every shot was shown.

Thank you for the detailed report and flying down there to see the run in person. If I am reading it right, at the end he chose an off angle combo instead of an open shot at a ball he wanted to use as his break ball? Do you think it was a good choice? I hope to see the video at some point.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG! Who knows what evils lurk behind double speed playback?!

And why doesn't Hollywood release every movie to everyone for free?
:rolleyes:

Hope it was enjoyable, Bob. Thanks for the write-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.