Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I really didn’t think I gave a shit if John did or didn’t run 626 but I guess the fact that I just wasted an untold amount of my short ass life reading this thread probably proves me wrong. I did learn a few things though 1. Lou is still as big or bigger a sarcastic asshole as I am (and as or more entertaining). 2. I still can’t stand PJ. (It’s ok though I’m sure he feels the same—he can’t stand himself either). 3. Danny needs to get back on his meds including the chemical castration stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definitely funnier.

Lou Figueroa

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
JS communicated that if he couldn’t monetize the video, that he would just keep it for himself, and never allow it to be shown. He has evidently made his choice.

He certainly is not going to monetize verbalizing the event.

ENJOY YOUR VIDEO JS.
Pretty sure you’re not paying attention, but John is having showings of the record breaking run, even picking up some cash along the way. He probably gets a lot of enjoyment from the events, any profit is icing on the cake.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
AND, where does he get that bonus privilege? Certainly, not here on this forum, since he chooses no participation. Maybe, does yours truly, report directly to js? No, I thought not, since he can only feed his drivel to a few.
That was fast, you must have a search alert for "flunky".

Why would he come here? He's enjoying his 15 minutes and doesn't need to bother with some guy carrying a decade old chip on his shoulder over an alleged chalk cube incident....sorry, AND his chunky flunky..didn’t mean to leave you out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
That was fast, you must have a search alert for "flunky".

Why would he come here? He's enjoying his 15 minutes and doesn't need to bother with some guy carrying a decade old chip on his shoulder over an alleged chalk cube incident....sorry, AND his chunky flunky..didn’t mean to leave you out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He used to post here, a long time ago. Matter of fact, back in the day when something about goats and a cliff came into being...most pro's don't stick around here, certainly not since Facebook came into prominence. For a variety of reasons, but its easy enough to figure out, reading threads like these, and many others. And given the lack of moderation compared to back then, there is no way the majority of them will be back.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
AND, I can’t remember anyone shedding a tear or pulling their hair out over their leaving. No matter the reason, it is/was their choice.

BUT, there remains, here, most of their reasons for having left.
I'm not going to shed any tears over it, certainly. It would be nice to have the pro's mingle amongst us, and to be able to interact with us. But I completely understand why they won't, as the forum is all Wild Wild West, with comments, attacks and juvenile comments going mostly unchecked here. Why would they want to expose themselves to that crap?

Reactions: KRJ

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
They are too busy chasing that almighty $$$ that is unavailable to them here.

Instead of freely exchanging information, they value their experience too highly and need to charge summarily for it as they had to pay for it in a much more entitled manner. Play someone better than you to get better, has been preached forever.
Some of those folks have been here and exchanged information and chatted and such. The trolling nature of forums like this simply become a hassle. Yes, they could ignore the trolls, but it becomes a whole thing "so and so said this" and there is no upside in getting drawn into that. Plus, many of those folks likely aren't internet savvy, so its not a comfortable experience. Just my .02...they can control what someone puts on their Facebook posts, if it gets out of hand.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are too busy chasing that almighty $$$ that is unavailable to them here.

Instead of freely exchanging information, they value their experience too highly and need to charge summarily for it as they had to pay for it in a much more entitled manner. Play someone better than you to get better, has been preached forever.
Honestly, I think a lot of the problem with pro's getting chased out of AZ has to do with physics. Pool players play pool. They don't study and understand math and physics, generally speaking. They come here and make statements that might be helpful in a practical sense but when they start getting into why this or that happens they swerve into areas they aren't educated in. In other words, they might recommend something helpful for the wrong reasons. They found that maybe something like TOI or using TOO is a good thing to do based on their vast experience on the table, but they get mired in the semantics of why it works. Of course, sometimes pro players are wrong, too, just like the rest of us. It is a two way street.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly, I think a lot of the problem with pro's getting chased out of AZ has to do with physics. Pool players play pool. They don't study and understand math and physics, generally speaking. They come here and make statements that might be helpful in a practical sense but when they start getting into why this or that happens they swerve into areas they aren't educated in. In other words, they might recommend something helpful for the wrong reasons. They found that maybe something like TOI or using TOO is a good thing to do based on their vast experience on the table, but they get mired in the semantics of why it works. Of course, sometimes pro players are wrong, too, just like the rest of us. It is a two way street.

One of the things I love most about pool discussion boards, going back to RSB, is to hear about and discuss how players from divergent backgrounds find their way up the mountain that is playing pool. Players with backgrounds from carpentry, to plumbing, to academia, the military, students, medicine, cops, and robbers, and engineers all bring their unique perspective to the discussion and that is great. Because it’s the guys that have done something other than pool their entire lives that I can identify with. And I always find it rewarding when I can describe my own travails and someone will post in return something like: you know, that really resonated with me or, that really rang true to me.

I like having pros around as much as the next guy. But what I have observed over the years is that most often the pro does not know how he does what he does anymore than prodigies or naturals at any other sport. And so, you end with guys trying to describe and explain how to play pool and often (usually) those explanation don’t resonate or are based in faulty logic, or can even be proven to be flat out wrong.

The occasional pro that wanders in here should keep things in perspective: being a professional pool player just means you can poke balls into holes on a cloth covered table better than most. It does not mean you are the brightest bulb on the tree and right about everything. And, they should respect the fact that there are people who might not play pool as well as they do but are smarter, more insightful, can argue more artfully, write better, and have accomplished far more in life than poking those balls around.

Lou Figueroa

gerryf

I like having pros around as much as the next guy. But what I have observed over the years is that most often the pro does not know how he does what he does anymore than prodigies or naturals at any other sport. And so, you end with guys trying to describe and explain how to play pool and often (usually) those explanation don’t resonate or are based in faulty logic, or can even be proven to be flat out wrong.

The occasional pro that wanders in here should keep things in perspective: being a professional pool player just means you can poke balls into holes on a cloth covered table better than most. It does not mean you are the brightest bulb on the tree and right about everything. And, they should respect the fact that there are people who might not play pool as well as they do but are smarter, more insightful, can argue more artfully, write better, and have accomplished far more in life than poking those balls around.

Lou Figueroa

I had an interesting experience getting a lesson from a pro player, then shortly after getting a lesson from an instructor. The instructor was a far less capable player, but he saw a lot more detail in what I was doing both correctly and incorrectly, and gave a lot more useful information.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I had an interesting experience getting a lesson from a pro player, then shortly after getting a lesson from an instructor. The instructor was a far less capable player, but he saw a lot more detail in what I was doing both correctly and incorrectly, and gave a lot more useful information.
I agree, it's the knowledge the person has. Some pro's can't put it into works or show it visually to make sense. Some can.

But, going back to what Lou says, I'm guessing he has not hung around with Nick Varner too much. He knew what he was doing at the table, and why things happened the way they happened. If there was ever a student of the game that is a also a pro player, its Nick. I would think there are not many folks on the planet who has more knowledge of ALL pool games than Nick.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, it's the knowledge the person has. Some pro's can't put it into works or show it visually to make sense. Some can.

But, going back to what Lou says, I'm guessing he has not hung around with Nick Varner too much. He knew what he was doing at the table, and why things happened the way they happened. If there was ever a student of the game that is a also a pro player, its Nick. I would think there are not many folks on the planet who has more knowledge of ALL pool games than Nick.

Quite clearly, I was speaking of pros that come to forums such as this one and, after a brief fling, run away butt hurt vowing never to return becauuuuuuse everyone didn’t kowtow down to them and believe every little nugget they dropped was a pearl.

I have not spent anytime around NV but I have taken lessons from Dallas West, Ray Martin, and Steve “Cookie Monster” Cook. And in each of those instances the knowledge I gained far outstripped the money I paid. Some players can teach, as I’m sure NV can, and perhaps even hang here. Many other pros cannot.

Lou Figueroa

L.S. Dennis

The truth is that Babe Cranfield ran over 700 balls in the 1970s
Caps cue club Syracuse NY. No cell phones or other devices to record this run, only my personal memories of racking for him all day long.
So my answer is it doesn’t matter!
I’ve heard about this supposed 768 ball run by Crainfiled, does (or did) he personally attest to this or was this something by some other party?

Status
Not open for further replies.